I can't wait (Community)

I can't wait // Community

1  |

weebo

Sep 18, 2002, 5:32am
Please do come foward to those who want to take over the cy awards....lol
Linn, where are you? Did somebody not tell you we do have a team called PR?
please do get on the registry and the bandwagon of bitchin, why shy down
now, anybody wanna bitch?,,,
Please do!!!

weebo

Sep 18, 2002, 5:54am
Please do beat your baton, Tauntaun
[View Quote]

andras

Sep 18, 2002, 8:12am
There are ppl who do something and there are some who only complain. Why do you think she will come forward? It will ruin her reputation as a "whining ... kkhhmm ... person :)"

Andras

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Sep 18, 2002, 8:31am
Will there be election's or a case of name submission to MM to decide.

This is not a "bitch" just a plain question to anyone interested.

[View Quote]

nornny11

Sep 18, 2002, 9:20am
Wait, I don't understand what's going on. lol. Sorry, there seems to be a
LOT of private affairs going on that goes far beyond the newsgroup, none of
which I'm aware about, so if at all possible, may you clarify my
understanding to what's really happening, anyone?

We have to vote for new executive members of the Cy Team now? Can anyone
explain the whole structure of the Cy Team first? :) What does the Executive
Committee do in the first place? Everything? Some things? And there was also
mention of a vote to cancel this year's Cys, is that true?

I understand the decision, whatever it is, because you'd have to be blind
and mildy retarded not to see all the bickering and snide remarks people
have been making, but is this a majority? A powerful minority? or APB or MM
that's making you come to this decision? I doubt it is APB or anyone above
you guys.

I still want the Cys to go on. :) I marked it in my calendar and everything.
The people who will win will deserve it, even if more deserving don't get it
as have been in the past. But I can live with that controversy, I can't live
with this one. lol.

From the Newbie's Guide to the AW NG:

"Nornny11 - The original wishy-washy man, this one can actually insult you
and compliment you in the same breath, and in the end say absolutely
nothing! What a talent!"

I think Weebo's drunk. He hasn't posted a coherent message about this
ordeal at all. :P

As for the CYs, I think the Committee needs to get a backbone and just
stop trying to please everyone. Since it's plainly obvious that some
people will *never* be happy with the CYs, no matter how they're run,
why bother trying to please them? If they had stuck to their guns at the
beginning and kept the Selection Committee noms up, we would've had a
couple whiners withdraw their noms and that would've been the end of it.
Now, the damage has been done and canceling the CYs altogether does
*not* fix the problem.

Of course, the main problem with the CY Awards is with ABP's insistence
to involve the community in all of this. Think of it this way: If the
contestants in a judging contest were also allowed to decide how the
judging was done and who the judges were, don't you think there'd be a
conflict of interest somewhere? ABP should have kept things internal by
hand-picking her successor and the CY & Selection Committee staffs. Then
the SC could filter through the noms while the CY Committee makes sure
the SC gets the job done, post the Top 5 for each category, and then
have the community vote from those choices.

Oh well... better luck next year, I suppose. :-/

If there is a next year...
robrod at prism.net

sw comit

Sep 18, 2002, 11:14pm
lol, if there even *is* a next year =P

*sigh* No one reads my sigs... :'(

[View Quote] >

Sig space available. Apply within.
robrod at prism.net

"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in news:3D89B100.7080000
at utn.cjb.net:

> *sigh* No one reads my sigs... :'(

Heh, it's because it's way down on the bottom. Copy it manually at the top
or don't top-post. Both will fix the problem.

KAH

themask 13

Sep 23, 2002, 5:37pm
I'll take over Mwhaha! :-p

Huh? Take over what? It usually helps if you reply to the thread you're
actually talking about. :P

Getting a little ahead of himself with the whole World Domination thing...
robrod at prism.net

themask 13

Sep 24, 2002, 6:46pm
Bah. *Kills Outlook*