Question for ALL prgramers! // Bots

1  |

crazy glue il

Dec 19, 2000, 3:31am
I'm new to all NGs and I have always wanted to make a bot. Is it hard to
learn any of the Prog. Lang.'s? I would really like a response from anyone.

twisted horizon

Dec 19, 2000, 10:28am
C++ is the best language you can do. People consider it hard, I learned it
easily. I'll give you free private lessons if you want.
-Twist
[View Quote]

john viper

Dec 19, 2000, 9:27pm
Definitely C++ -- and I recommend Borland C++Builder over Visual C++. Borland is more Visual.
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve..."

[View Quote]

twisted horizon

Dec 20, 2000, 7:05pm
Microsoft is more powerful and simple once you get into complicated things,
Borland is simpler for starting right off. I'd recommend Microsoft - I used
it all except for when I tried to learn C++ at age 9 (I actually got fairly
far - 3 years later I aced it) but whatever you prefer.....

-Twist

[View Quote]

crazy glue il

Dec 20, 2000, 11:01pm
Shure! I'll be glad to take lesons :) I would really apprecaite it :)

thanks
~CrAzY gLuE IL
[View Quote]

trekker

Dec 21, 2000, 12:00am
LMAO, Crazy do u know how much C++ cost?
its about $200 bucks $$$

[View Quote] > Shure! I'll be glad to take lesons :) I would really apprecaite it :)

> thanks
> ~CrAzY gLuE IL

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9D242FBCD8D7FFD6DE22871F

Learning a language and leaning a compiler can be done separate.

The language is for free and there are free compilers for it.
Best known one is the one that comes with Linux (GNU C) and this is also
available in a free PC version - but you will find several more :

http://cuiwww.unige.ch/langlist

http://www.idiom.com/free-compilers/

trekker schrieb:

> LMAO, Crazy do u know how much C++ cost?
> its about $200 bucks $$$
--------------9D242FBCD8D7FFD6DE22871F

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9D242FBCD8D7FFD6DE22871F--

twisted horizon

Dec 21, 2000, 9:50am
Another well known free compiler is DJGPP, but I don't have the url. If you
get a compiler I'll teach you the language.
-Twist

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------23141E1413578A9ECF43AFFE

DJGPP is a GNU compiler (http://www.delorie.com)

twisted horizon schrieb:

> Another well known free compiler is DJGPP, but I don't have the url. If you
> get a compiler I'll teach you the language.
> -Twist

[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------23141E1413578A9ECF43AFFE--

twisted horizon

Dec 21, 2000, 11:40pm
It does C - Heck, it's what you get packaged with the starter set of Sams'
Teach Yourself C++......
-Twist
[View Quote]

john viper

Dec 22, 2000, 1:17am
MS Visual C++ (after Rebate) between $50 and $80
Borland C++Builder (better than M$) - between $100 and $120

Of course when you get into the professional versions its a bit more costly but for bot programming
and lots of applications programming the standars versions work well -- the Professionals make life
a little easier.

Oh and if you are thinking C#... might as well go with Java -- its got more experience, its
cross-platform, and it is *gasp* STABLE!!!!!

Happy Holiday Season :-)
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve..."

[View Quote]

crazy glue il

Dec 22, 2000, 5:11am
I'm very lost, I know nothing about C++, C, or Javascript. I'm A real newbie
:)
T-gram me
CrAzY gLuE IL
thanks :)
~Crazy

[View Quote]

twisted horizon

Dec 22, 2000, 5:39pm
Microsoft at its highest level is better than Borland at its highest level.
I'm not sure about standard. I'd recommend Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, its
easier to do Windows in.
-Twist
[View Quote]

twisted horizon

Dec 23, 2000, 5:14pm
However, I forgot to include... This is entirely opinion. I've tried both
and like Microsoft better and would recommend it, although I believe Borland
came first and therefore would be more developed. Although they are the
major compilers, however, neither of them were the first. Pretty much any
compiler you can find is just fine for doing bots, though.
-Twist

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------F6DFDB9CB6BBDA2E87DE3C34

Right, Borland was first. According to my informations Microsoft started
with MS/C 6.0 - all previous MS compilers actually were Lattice
compilers (not sure about 5.1). At this time Borland already had much
experience with compilers, starting with the nearly legendary Turbo
Pascal, that already existed on CP/M 80.

I think there is not one "best compiler" - it always depends on what you
plan to do. I prefer Watcom C when I write programs that do not need a
GUI (DOS, Win32-Console or DLL) as it produces highly reliable, compact
and fast code but it has only an IDE that is not worth to mention. And
last but not least it is a cross platform compiler!
For own Windows GUI applications I use MS, but only because I have a
licenced version of the MS compiler here. Some of my projects were made
with Borland and I did not have trouble with that compiler either.
Switching between MS and Borland is not too hard, if you are experienced
with one of them it is easy to use the other one too.
So between these two compilers it is just a question of the price, check
for availability of a cheaper educational version for example.
Especially for Bots that usually do not need too much GUI either of the
two compilers should do.

(GUI=Graphical User Interface)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard