disappearing newsgroups postings (Community)

disappearing newsgroups postings // Community

1  |

lioness o

Jan 11, 2002, 3:04am
K....I am a bit confused. I made two postings to this newsgroup only a few
days ago. I wasn't rude, obnoxious, or overly critical about AWC. I didn't
cuss, throw a tantrum, or create any scandals. Yet these two postings
"poofed". One of the responses to the one comment I made was on here early
this morning when I checked to see if anyone else responded. And that was at
7 AM. I see a lot of other postings on here that border on foul language,
sound threatening, or downright repetitive, and they're still on. I'm kind
of new to posting on newsgroups...what's the deal?????

sw chris

Jan 11, 2002, 3:17am
You sure you found them? I responded to one of your posts that is in there
somewhere. Keep looking. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

lioness o

Jan 11, 2002, 3:22am
Yep I found that one hon, but not the two other threads I started. ;-"<

[View Quote]

baron

Jan 11, 2002, 6:02am
news:3c35abe5 at server1.Activeworlds.com
news:3c34fa66 at server1.Activeworlds.com
You can check an older post of mine about OE local caching before getting frustrated that someone deletes your posts. news:3c09f87e at server1.Activeworlds.com . If the links to the messages IDs don't work for you make sure news.activeworlds.com is set as the default account in OE (Tools/Accounts/News/Set as default). Follow-up set to general.discussion.

-Baron

[View Quote]

blasto

Jan 11, 2002, 1:05pm
Check your outbox and sent items, maybe it never made it :-P
[View Quote]

grimble

Jan 11, 2002, 5:24pm
In Outlook Express make sure the "Delete news messages [x] days after being
downloaded" option isn't checked ... Tools | Options | Maintenance Tab.

Grims

[View Quote]

lioness o

Jan 12, 2002, 8:06pm
Thanks hon!!!! That's EXACTLY what it was. I feel better now knowing how
simple it was to rectify the problem, and that it wasn't someone else doing