blasto // User Search

1  2  3  |

Adressed to all the caretakers !

Jan 15, 2002, 5:03pm
There's so many of these, I'm not even going to respond anymore. It just
wastes my time. LOL, but basically AWC doesn't give a shit. They want your
money, not your support.
[View Quote]

Adressed to all the caretakers !

Jan 15, 2002, 7:53pm
no, they get the money anyway :-P Many many people are too attached to AW,
sorry to say. People pay $120 a year for Everquest and that game is total
shit too. It's graphics look like AW :-P At least they did 2yrs ago when I
played it! haha
[View Quote]

Adressed to all the caretakers !

Jan 15, 2002, 7:57pm
I just got this e-mail. Not sure if he wants me to post it or what but
iether way, it is well thought out. Take a gander:

AWC removed my right to post in this NG, I have sat and read every post tho
and now I have something
to say.

Tourists: How does AW propose it's going to get new members without them? In
the past few weeks I
have asked that question, no one seems to have an answer. I compared it to
you needing a credit card
to get into one of those porn sites, most people won't go in and keep
looking for the free pics no
matter how good the advertisement looks. 100% of the people I spoke to said
they wouldn't have
entered AW before knowing about it if they had to use a credit card.

3.2: A complete and utter disaster and if this is what AWC is claiming we
need to pay more for I can
see now why people are upset. I had nothing but problems with it from the
get go and it hasn't
stopped since. Even one of the so called new objects a ctable1 & 2 they
offered up to us as some
kind of resolution to all this when I put it near a wall the glass top made
it so I could see right
thru my wall all the way down to the color of the backdrop. Masked objects
and transparent objects
are a builders nightmare now. I don't think we ever had that problem in 3.1.
Lighting is splotchy at
best and makes zbuffering even on overlaped textures now prominent when
there was no zbuffer before
when the textures were aligned properly and brightness simply means I want
to turn every untextured
object in the area white. Speaking of white any objects that were not
texture mapped when they were
made also now have a problem, for example the chess pieces we all loved to
use in our builds can no
longer be textured in gold for example because the object simply turns
white. The glass objects with
the black border and the doorway objects with the black border, same problem
turns white.

New Pricing Scheme: Couldn't have named it better actually since one of it's
deffinitions is a
secret plan or plot, a plot deffinitely one thikening quite well but is
going to cost AW alot of
money in the long run from what I see.

So in conclusion, I don't understand the way AWC does things, seems to be
one stupid mistake or idea
after the other with absolutely no planning whatsoever. The Sims another
major online 3D service
which is free btw when you buy the software and add-ons in the store atleast
has a marketable
product and if they put objects or textures with the same names on them
people would most likely try
to return it saying it is worthless when all the files are named the same.
See you all think that
because AWC gives you something you haven't paid for it, quite contrary if
you look at it from The
Sims perspective, we have paid for it, many years of it for some and paid
for it when we buy a world
too. It has been paid for, problem is what we are getting from AWC is pure
crap now. Not worth the
packaging it comes in. Paying to get in to see the fine builds we have with
a credit card is like
trying to get more porno from one of the many porn sites with a credit card
now. But who is going to
give out their credit card for something like this, no one. And if 3.2 is
any indication of what's
to come I don't want to pay those programmers saleries because for me 3.2
has been a complete
nightmare and still is and no one has offered any solutions to the many
problems I have stated. So
for me I will be renewing my world and changing over to this account perhaps
and as far as my many
builds in AW, ohwell I guess I build some more to replace them but I will
not spend $114 dollars a
year for something that doesn't even work right and increase the salaries of
programmers that messed
up a good thing when we had it with 3.1. I can goto the store tomorrow and
spend $114 on The Sims
and 1 add-on and then use it free forever. What makes AWC think they have
something better to offer
here that you can't get anywhere else for the same money and not have to pay
again? Well all I can
say is the people running this circus act are a bunch of clowns to think
people are so gullible. And
I am personally insulted that AWC has stooped to such a low. That's all I
have to say now, and I
believe everything I have said to be true. Later, Chucks Party :)

worlds and citizenships

Jan 9, 2002, 6:59pm
They did actually force DP to stop their free citizenships according to this
guy.

Here's the log that I had with one of the guys who work for DP from when I
asked for the free cit until now. First e-mail being most recent and last
being less recent. Don't pay attention to the times, my computer is screwed
up :-P

Take a look:

e-mail: GovDion at subdimension.com

THANK YA!

WOW!!!

Jan 4, 2002, 4:26pm
Yes, sometimes maybe they should come to us with their problems, afterall,
we are a fairly large group of people!

[View Quote]

Forced upgrade to 3.2

Jan 4, 2002, 9:48pm
Yep, unfortunately, it's almost impossible (but definately impractable) to
get something compatible with all hardware. There's just so many that
there's going to be problems along the way. I don't know why that would
happen since that update just made tourists disabled... I'm guessing your
computer is pretty fragile. It might be time to reformat. ;)

[View Quote]

As sorry as I am to say it AW is screwed

Jan 5, 2002, 8:34am

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C195A8.9721BEA0

Yes, they're climbing now but as soon as everyone's cits expire - BOOM! =
they're dead as could be. I hate to say it.
[View Quote]

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C195A8.9721BEA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes, they're climbing now but as soon =
as everyone's=20
cits expire - BOOM! they're dead as could be. I hate to say =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"lilalpha phalpha" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:lilalpha_aw at yahoo.com">lilalpha_aw at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3c36c85d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3c36c85d$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't really know if this is any =
big deal or=20
not, but in the past 5 days AW has been climbing (Even through thier =
Jan.3=20
ordeal...). Take a look:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C195A8.9721BEA0--

As sorry as I am to say it AW is screwed

Jan 6, 2002, 3:11pm
Because they have shitty people doing their finances! LOL
[View Quote]

The BEST PROTESTS that will be heard

Jan 5, 2002, 9:05am
Just keeping your worlds is good enough for AW to keep going, so long as
they keep getting paid. They don't give a rat's ass about your worlds or how
often you go on, so long as they get the money.

[View Quote]

Renew citizenship page

Jan 5, 2002, 5:44pm
haha, very true :) Luckily, my cit lasts till Nov, i don't need to do any
extra renewing :D

[View Quote] Since I couldn't find the Renew page and couldn't get the Renew button to
pop up on my browser, I wrote to support at activeworlds.com and was able to
renew it via email and a credit card this morning, but they also offered me
the phone number option.

BTW, you can renew before the "early Feb" deadline and add a year to your
account for the $19.95 rate, provided you haven't renewed recently. I now
have 13 months before I need to make any decisions about leaving
activeworlds.

For now, I am willing to wait and see, and $19.95 is not too much to pay to
see whether the improvements to 3.3 are worth it, or whether the Plan to
Save the Company will pan out.

I do wish, however, that someone from *on high* would read and respond to
some of the marketing ideas I offered. There's more where those came from.
*grins*

*munches on popcorn and watches from the sidelines*

Aine

[View Quote]

FREE OBJECT FOR WORLD OWNERS

Jan 5, 2002, 10:04pm
Great idea, love it! :-D
[View Quote]

A not-so-welcome home. . .

Jan 6, 2002, 3:10pm
Why would they require that? It's out of your way and makes you feel more
insecure about AW in general. Why would they force you to do that just to
try it out? Do they assume you're going to love it and buy? LOL
[View Quote]

read me

Jan 7, 2002, 7:27pm
That means if AW went down a bunch of cracked uniserver's would go up and
noone would be there to take them down! :-O
[View Quote]

That's it....

Jan 9, 2002, 12:14am
I got a free cit from dreamland and it was taken away! *angry!*
[View Quote]

That's it....

Jan 9, 2002, 12:15am
Also, according to ABN, it said that DP was only giving free cits for that
weekend.
[View Quote]

AW terms and conditions

Jan 8, 2002, 7:41pm
Where does it list it? I can't find it iether. That's a good question... if
they don't have one there's gotta be some legal problems, eh? hehe :-P
[View Quote]

AW terms and conditions

Jan 8, 2002, 7:47pm
Thanks for that, I couldn't find it.

LOL, the small print covers everything!
In no event will Activeworlds Corp. be liable for any damages, including,
without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or
punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Active Worlds
or any content therein. This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any
damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise,
caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption;
deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file
corruption; communication-line failure; network or system outage; or theft,
destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.

[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 8, 2002, 7:35pm
The sims is nothing like ActiveWorlds. They may be getting many of their
ideas from the sims though, since it also has a lot to do with building
homes (and in AW's case, office buildings and anything else you can think
of!)

I honestly think that $10 a month may not seem so expensive once I see AW
Ver 3.3, although it will still be a bit out of my price range. Maybe
ActiveWorlds will come up with some way so that I can refer others to
ActiveWorlds and get credit for it. But now I'm going off-topic so I'll
shush.

The new objects seem rather good, they're trying to please us, hoping to get
our money for 3.3, which sounds extremely good with many of our long-awaited
features! :-D I think they are planning on advertising and building AW into
a much larger thing. This extra $$ will help boost their stocks and allow
them to hire more employees to advertise and such.

Possibly, if they do good advertising, they will have enough people on AW
that they can drop the price somewhat but in the beginning of AW, I don't
think they were ever planning to continue $20 a year. That was just a
temporary thing, like beta testers in a way... but paying beta testers :-P

yes, I'm talkative today, so sue me! :-P
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 8, 2002, 7:45pm
You just gave me an idea. What AWC could do to help people get more
interested is to start an entirely new world. No more AW crap, start a new
world with an incredible amount of space and tons of new objects. GOOD
objects, not the new crap. That would be awesome. Everyone would race for it
to grab areas closer to GZ and stuff. Even them letting me know they're
working on one and give us some preview shots of new objects to be added to
it and all to get us fired up about it would be great. AW has just gotten so
old, the majority of the objects are many years old!
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 8, 2002, 11:51pm
Do you ahve a website for awtowns?
How big is the world?
Does AWC have any relation to it in any way?
Will you also add the basic AW building sets?

This sounds really good. Get it open quick, I'm anxious! :-D
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 9, 2002, 12:58am
Something I might want to suggest is that you actually measure yourself up
to your walls in real life. Then Measure how big the wall is. Decide what
fraction people normally are of walls and make sure that your avatars and
walls represent that. Also that vehicles and desks and all are to scale!! I
hate how AW is soo off-scale! even AWTeen is incredible off scale with
their objects. The avatars are twice the size of the cars!

Pay careful attention that that sort of thing, that's what makes it feel
more real. The average person is about 5'7 - 5'8 so make the avatars about
that fraction of a 8 or 10ft wall.

And most of all, do not fail to stop adding objects. Continually add objects
so that people don't get bored of the same old ones. People like new stuff!
:-D

Also, get someone to create a nice PHP script for all the objects and things
like that so that if you search for wall, it will give you a picture of that
object and then tell you what textures it comes in and the rwx for that
object with that texture :) Yeh, I'm picky as hell, you'll need some heavy
critics ;-)
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 9, 2002, 6:49pm
*sigh of realief* True brilliance.
*cries and pounds on table* I WANT NOOW!!
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 10, 2002, 2:09pm
Jeesh, I looked at it first and I was like "Holy shit! They made it
bigger?!"
[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 10, 2002, 7:05pm
LOL, if you're expecting a response in under a month, forget about it :-P
[View Quote]

...abuse?...

Jan 9, 2002, 12:02am
Heya sha... IHNK :-D *wonders if anyone knows what IHNK is an acronym for
except me... hehe*

Anyway, the "private features" were one of the features we voted for so
obviously it's not simply for AWCom. They would not have added it had we not
voted for it. 3.3 also has x y and z axises! That means that you can rotate
your objects in every way! That's what's got me so nuts about this one
mostly :-) That will be a BIG change. Although, it will also be slower for
those with slower computers.

The price hike was such an incredible amount of money to boost it, it's
almost pathetic. But they are the (quote!) "experts" here so maybe they've
got something going that we don't see... I dunno, save your cit until after
3.3 comes out and maybe you'll decide that the money is worth it afterall.
Maybe AWC has a few more tricks up their sleeves. If they don't, I'll be
very disapointed.

I think the reason tourists were killed was because that the people at AWC
didn't feel that there was enough difference between tourists and citizens
and that tourists were getting something for nothing. They found an empty
area in AW and the chance of someone finding it was slim. The avatars
weren't much of a difference iether and because of instant messangers and
things telegrams and contacts weren't incredibly needed.

I see why AWC would cancel tourists. Although I have heard they will be
allowing free 2wk citizenships so.. heh. Maybe that's better for most ppl.
After your 2 wks you just tell all ur friends that you need to change your
name. Then you uninstall AW, get a new e-mail, delete the AW registry,
reinstall AW, signup for another account, and get back on with your friends
in a matter of minutes. 10minutes every 2weeks to do that isn't much to ask
for and it's a heck of a lot better than tourists. As a trial citizen you
get everything except, of course, the ability to buy worlds. But you can buy
one anyway and it will come with a citizenship too, then you won't need to
worry about the 2wk thing.

But anyway, we'll see. It might be a lot better than you think. ;-)

-Dion (aka Blasto)
[View Quote]

...abuse?...

Jan 9, 2002, 12:16am
Well, my mom has about 6 or 7 and my dad has about that as well so I can
last a few months :-P
[View Quote]

Ongoing boycott

Jan 9, 2002, 12:13am
Oh come on! I'm serious here, you all sound like a bunch of wining babies!
(I'll try to make this post without swearing)

Get real now! AWC can't help it if you guys are becoming unreal and won't
accept the fact that they must raise the prices to stay in business or that
they want to make money. If you owned AWC I'm sure you'd do as much as you
could do get more money. If you can monopilise the business, then you sure
as heck will! That's how life works! Don't boycott, you're just wasting your
time typing like crazy thinking they actually care what you think! If you
care that much to boycott against it, than they figure you must like it
enough that you'll pay the cash anyway! Some people around here are just
getting stupid! It doesn't help to yell at them about it. They would only
get scared about it if you didn't say anything, shrugged your shoulders, and
left AW without a problem. They know you love AW, they know you can't stay
away and you spend every waking moment building in your worlds. They know
that you were going to rebel and boycoot. That is why they also know that
you will all come back and pay the money.

It took me till just now to realise this but I now know exactly what they're
getting at. You all love AW so much that you can't leave. If you make any
more than $500 a year, chances are you'll spend $114 of it on AW. Even the
teens can't leave, they'll mow lawns and get jobs to stay here. You're all
addicted. Believe me, if you'll boycott like this and waste your time when
you could be in AW enjoying your time while it lasts, you'll fork over $100
a year.
[View Quote]

Ongoing boycott

Jan 9, 2002, 12:03pm
*wonders in which direction this thread has gone and then suddenly points
south* LOL :-D
[View Quote]

Re: ...abuse?...

Jan 9, 2002, 12:04am
It's like microsoft (but on a lower scale), if you get anywhere near what
they've created they'll iether buy you out or run you out of business!
[View Quote]

Re: ...abuse?...

Jan 9, 2002, 12:05pm
yes, macintosh is the only one and that's cause macintosh came up at the
same time microsoft did. Not 20yrs afterward! Linux and unix are their only
competitors and linux and unix are free so there's not much of anyone to
actually buy out! Besides, they're only for advanced users so that's not
much of the market.

Now you see Microsoft trying to run out the gaming console business too. I
don't mind that though, X-Box kicks ass :-P
[View Quote]

1  2  3  |