"Memorial" World (Community)

"Memorial" World // Community

1  |

internal affairs

Sep 14, 2001, 12:34am
As many of you know AW has created a Memorial world in honor of what
happened recently. As usual AW citizen phalaphe was asked to build it for
them. How exactly can a "virtual" world that exists ONLY in cyberspace help
the rescue workers up here in NYC to save the lives of hundreds upon
hundreds of victims? I don't see what the point of it all is. Does AW
actually expect something to happen by actions taken on their part? It seems
they magically want the thousands of bodies rising out of the debris and
rubble from the area and joining AW, correct? However, does anyone have
information about this world?

krypton

Sep 14, 2001, 1:23am
I agree. How stupid

[View Quote] > As many of you know AW has created a Memorial world in honor of what
> happened recently. As usual AW citizen phalaphe was asked to build it for
> them. How exactly can a "virtual" world that exists ONLY in cyberspace help
> the rescue workers up here in NYC to save the lives of hundreds upon
> hundreds of victims? I don't see what the point of it all is. Does AW
> actually expect something to happen by actions taken on their part? It seems
> they magically want the thousands of bodies rising out of the debris and
> rubble from the area and joining AW, correct? However, does anyone have
> information about this world?

I believe the intent of the world was to let people build memorials. They
said nothing about saving lives.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 14, 2001, 2:50am
Ok...I'm going to get accused of being in Activeworlds waaaaay tooo much
after this statement...but oh well:)

Rhetorical question for you folks that don't understand;
What are memorials used for in the real world?

A memorial world can be a place for those that have lost loved ones to
gather on the Net and share and release.
It can also be a place for those that are confused and angry to come and
talk with others and share thier feelings.
I am hearing of people who hang in AW that have lost loved ones and friends.
I am hearing fear in the voices of our young adults.
I am hearing cries from people for an ear to just listen.
I am fearful myself and finding comfort in talking with others.

Now let's ask that question again....
Why does this Memorial world exist?

don't be so naive! it's a way of showing your respect and condolations! just
like thousands of flowers, greetings, candles, etc layed down in front of US
Embassies around the world.

KAH
PS. tommorow at noon VRT there will be a memorial time in KAH Town, and a
memorial area in there will be opened, I hope many people will turn up, it
will be a time to comfort each other and condemn these attacks. I hope
people from all around the world will come, so we can show that the entire
world is against these barbaric acts! KAH Town is located at AW 2222s 2143e
270.

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 14, 2001, 5:35pm
Maybe it's because you have seen so many MEMORIALS for so many reasons
is why you ask your VALID QUESTION...

And i have seen MEMORIALS FOR JUST THAT AS WELL...

I've seen Memorials to be a gathering place for people to come forth to
speak their minds with others that have the same feelings & beliefes as
they share

I seen Memorials that are there to honor a loved one

I seen Memorials to honor the USA and all those that have died trying
to make the USA a fre democracy that it is today I Have seen Memorials
to honor someones pet

I have seen Memorials to honor mans achievement into space

I have seen Memorials that are nothing more than proclaim a winner in
some race...

YES I HAVE SEEN MANY MEMMORIALS....

But this one is to greive for the many hundreds [THOUSANDS] of people
that died just for being people and the sensless attack on those people
by a bunch of IDIOTS bent on terrorizing everyone for their sick cause.

"alphabit phalpha" <cy-awards at home.com> wrote in
news:3ba18c99 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok...I'm going to get accused of being in Activeworlds waaaaay tooo
> much after this statement...but oh well:)
>
> Rhetorical question for you folks that don't understand;
> What are memorials used for in the real world?
>
> A memorial world can be a place for those that have lost loved ones
> to gather on the Net and share and release.
> It can also be a place for those that are confused and angry to come
> and talk with others and share thier feelings.
> I am hearing of people who hang in AW that have lost loved ones and
> friends. I am hearing fear in the voices of our young adults.
> I am hearing cries from people for an ear to just listen.
> I am fearful myself and finding comfort in talking with others.
>
> Now let's ask that question again....
> Why does this Memorial world exist?

the derek

Sep 17, 2001, 10:36pm
since when is a memoiral meant to help save lives?
are the wwwII memorials bringing dead soldiers
back to life? i think not