xelagon offline (Community)

xelagon offline // Community

1  2  |

nornny

Aug 22, 2001, 10:54pm
w00t w00t. :) Go Flagg, I think it's the right decision, and keep on doing
it if anyone else is offended by a badly named world. :))

Nornny

I'm no lawyer or political scientist, but I believe, for everyone's benefit,
that the term "freedom of speech" is often miscontrued as the freedom to say
anything you want. Rather what "freedom of speech" means is the freedom of
intelectual speech. That means no libel against an individual. Period.

A corporation is also granted certain rights and privelages just like a
regular person. So AWCom, for example, can reserve the right to terminate
any world if they want, as long as the action doesn't violate the First
Amendment. This is most likely the reason IMO that there are Gor worlds
running in the AW universe. However in most cases their decision would
probably hold up in court.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong in any way, please. :)

SW Chris
[View Quote]

radon

Aug 23, 2001, 4:46pm
why would it leave a big hole in the bot community??

[View Quote] > yeah... and it could be a purchased world, like USWFSUX that appeared over a
> month ago... when I asked the owner (I'm USWF staff) why he didn't like the
> USWF and tryed to make the best out of it, by getting him to tell me what
> was wrong and so we could fix it and the world taken down... but obviously
> this person doesn't like listening to reason... replyed in a rather rude
> way... I hope the AWC will take down both worlds. Also, noone reviews the
> names when worlds are purchased, wich is bad and allows this to happen
> -(( I hope the world gets removed quickly, if you left it would make a huge
> hole in the community, especially the bot community :-((((((
>
> KAH

because the Xelagot is probably THE most used bot, and XelaG is a very
talented bot programmer...

jfk2 builder

Aug 24, 2001, 2:24am
Nah.... That would be stupid...
Throughout all of my bickering to certain people in the NGS... I would
not go so low as to get any world called BwaySux. That is the lowest
form of HATE you could ever have in AW... And i don't even posses that
stupidity or that much hate.

"syntax" <sfris at swcity.net> wrote in
news:3b83f7c4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I think someone should make an AWcomSuX world and see how fast that
> gets taken offline.
> --
> - Syntax -
> www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 24, 2001, 2:41am
Let me see if i get this right...
If this world name dosen't bother me... It sould be allowed to say as
it's my Freedom to have it. FukUALL world, FukAWCOM world, ShitOnAW
world, CrapOnAW world... Names like that. Although the names don't
bother me... OK.... I'll be a Sport Here...
Look.... JFK2Sux world, SuxJFK2 world... etc...
Ok.... I still don't mind that. To me... It's the same as someone
making a opinion about me and although i may not like what they say
about me... They have the right to say it. But i'm not the one that
will STOOP to that level of creating a name for some world i ever own
either. People that have enough brains and common decency don't stoop
to such idiotic stupidity behavior to state an opinion about someone or
something.

"bcg" <Aquisclone at aol.com> wrote in
news:3b842632 at server1.Activeworlds.com: