jackbnimble // User Search

1  |

VB-SDK: Getting an Object Number / Co-ords

Jun 17, 2002, 1:11am
I've had some experience with this. First of all, you need an awobject
class module. Put in the basic values like action. Next, create a
collection named AwObjects. In the objectadd and cellobject events, fit
in the following code:

Dim NewObject As New AwObject
Set NewObject = New AwObject

NewObject.Model = sdk.awobjectmodel
AwObjects.Add NewObject, CStr(sdk.awobjectnumber)

For Delete:
AwObjects.Remove sdk.awobjectnumber

Hope that helps!

[View Quote] > after trying some methods I found this method, that works very well:
> create a custom type for objects, example:
> Private Type AwObject
> Model As String
> Number As Long
> Action As String
> Owner As Long
> End Type
> this example only contains a few properties, I recommend putting all of
> them, since not re-specifying all properties of an object in a world where
> you have ED can result in objects changing owner, position, model, action,
> description etc. At least this has happened to me many times. Declare it as
> an array ( Dim Obj(50000) As AwObject ), an array scope of 0 - 50000 should
> be largely enough I'd say, then declare a long that will contain the last
> array index ( Dim ObjIndex As Long ) so we put the objects at the right
> place. then on _EventCellObject increment the array index and set the
> values, like this:
> ObjIndex = ObjIndex + 1
> Obj(ObjIndex).Model = sdk.AwObjectModel
> Obj(ObjIndex).Number = sdk.AwObjectNumber 'and so on...
>
> and when the query is done search through your array like this (declare a
> long called i in the declarations first):
> For i = 0 to ObjIndex
> If Obj(i).Action Like "*name object1*" Then
> NumberOfObjectOne = Obj(i).Number
> End If
> Next i
>
> I hope this helps :-))
>
> KAH

[View Quote]

New BoneClient, Bone SDK, and VB Bone SDK Wrapper released :)

Jun 16, 2002, 6:04pm
One thing i dont understand about bone: WHATS THE POINT? Its supposed to
be BOt NEtwork, but i dont see how bots are supposed to communicate with
it. I understand programming with it, but i dont get how it is to be
used in practical sdk purposes...

[View Quote] > It just means that you can't mail Ima Genius about your problems with it,
> not that it isn't documented. It works almost *exactly* the same way as the
> C++ SDK, same function names, etc.
>
> KAH

Hi

Jun 14, 2002, 7:33pm
Hi! Well, im finally using the newsgroups! *waits for warm welcome*

Hi

Jun 14, 2002, 7:38pm
The first item on my mind is query caching. (I know i didnt spell that right)

I know there is a way to do this since ive seen a website mentioning
this. What im asking is does anyone know a way to save query data
therefor speeding up the next query? My idea is to save the object data
and sequence numbers to a file, and reload it when the app is restarted.

Hi

Jun 15, 2002, 2:34pm
Thanks! I have a contact who will love to hear that as well.

[View Quote] > Bot object queries sure can be saved to a file and be reloaded,
> all bots with building capabilities do that. Format is usually
> the propdump format that Mauz (http://mauz.info) describes on
> her worldbuilders page.
>
> The "sequence numbers", together with the X and Z value of a
> query, can be calculated from the location of the object, that
> is part of the propdump, so actually the feature is already
> implemented, somehow.

[View Quote]

Hi

Jun 15, 2002, 3:01pm
Ok, I believe i have figured out the basics of how to use propdump for
my bots, but two questions remain.
1. How is it possible to get the sequence numbers from a propdump file?

2. In vb how could i split the action,description,and file name using
the corresponding leth data?

[View Quote] > Bot object queries sure can be saved to a file and be reloaded,
> all bots with building capabilities do that. Format is usually
> the propdump format that Mauz (http://mauz.info) describes on
> her worldbuilders page.
>
> The "sequence numbers", together with the X and Z value of a
> query, can be calculated from the location of the object, that
> is part of the propdump, so actually the feature is already
> implemented, somehow.

[View Quote]

Compilers

Jun 15, 2002, 3:36pm
From what ive read in the newsgroups, some c++ compilers have problems
using the sdk. Does anyone know a compiler that will use the sdk without
a problem?

Compilers

Jun 15, 2002, 3:36pm
And free LOL

[View Quote] > From what ive read in the newsgroups, some c++ compilers have problems
> using the sdk. Does anyone know a compiler that will use the sdk without
> a problem?

Compilers

Jun 15, 2002, 5:34pm
ty

[View Quote] > Borland's free compiler will once you've converted the DLL.
> Andras also has the converted libraries on his website :
> http://andras.net/tools.html#dlls
>
> http://www.borland.com
>
> --Bowen--
>
> Have $3... want a website?
> http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Compilers

Jun 16, 2002, 6:21pm
Would you better descrivbe this process plz?

[View Quote] > "jackbnimble" <privacy at plz.com> wrote in news:3C75EE3A.2010908 at plz.com:

> I use MingW, it has no problems with it, but you have to convert the DLL to
> a .a library for it to work (easy process really).
>
> KAH

Compilers

Jun 16, 2002, 8:33pm
Never mind i have it (finally)

[View Quote] > Would you better descrivbe this process plz?