jeremy booker // User Search

1  |

Re: world light source control bot

Jul 21, 1999, 4:13pm
ok...so maby they don't have more important things...but can't u just be =
happy with it the way it is....and u know, i don't blame roland 4 not pay=
ing attition to you.....it's probly because u've been complaining to him,=
and smearing his name in the dirt....and i have deleted multiple objects=
before...press shift, then right click on a couple objects...and press d=
elete, you can also move or rotate all the slected objects....so maby the=
light sorce is next in line, eh? they have their own set of priorities,=
maby u wouldn't understand why they want it done it that order...but i'm=
shure there's a reason...

[View Quote] > Ah, yes, more important things...like what, hmm? File transfer, ejectio=
n, a color command, and other crap? World light source control is just ON=
E of MANY things on my improvements list at http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/improv=
e.html. Now, I'm not saying those other things that've been implemented a=
re nice and all, but to what priority are they added to AW? AW's so-calle=
d priorities seem a tad skewed. And I've seen Roland's list of AW bugs/im=
provements (the last one from 10/26/98) and can tell you that maybe 5-10%=
of the things on it have been done. I'd post "The List" here but Roland =
has asked me not to (although with the way he's been treating me lately--=
completely ignoring me--I may just post it just so everyone can see how s=
tagnant AW's development truly is... (Ask him if you don't believe I have=
it.) I've been in AW for over 2 years now, Jeremy, so I know AW's develo=
pment history for over half of its existance.

> AWCI just doesn't seem to add what the MAJORITY of its users want. For =
example: custom avatars. This was rumoured to be added to AW 2.1 way back=
when it was in beta and before. Where is it? Multiple object copy was al=
so another lie. Roland said this would be implemented "soon" after multip=
le object select/delete was. Where is it? I'd say at least being able to =
delete multiple objects should take priority before being able to transfe=
r files through AW, eh? These are just 2 examples of the MANY times thing=
s like this have happened since I've been in AW. And this is just yet ano=
ther example of how AWCI doesn't listen to what its users want.

[View Quote] --

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

bot request/addition

Jul 31, 1999, 12:12am
hey, eep...insted of bitching to us about what we should do...how bout' u get a C++ compiler, and make your own freekin bots....all of this stuff u talk about is easier said than done....

[View Quote] > If one of the existing bot programmers (like Faber or Ima) could add this to their bots, that'd be great. Otherwise, I guess yet another bot program. Anyway, what I want is a bot to be able to change multiple objects properties (actions/description) at certain times at the same time. For example, I want my streetlights in Hole to dim, turn off/on at certain times, simulating a day/night cycle.

--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

bot request/addition

Jul 31, 1999, 12:12am
hey, eep...insted of bitching to us about what we should do...how bout' u get a C++ compiler, and make your own freekin bots....all of this stuff u talk about is easier said than done....

[View Quote] > If one of the existing bot programmers (like Faber or Ima) could add this to their bots, that'd be great. Otherwise, I guess yet another bot program. Anyway, what I want is a bot to be able to change multiple objects properties (actions/description) at certain times at the same time. For example, I want my streetlights in Hole to dim, turn off/on at certain times, simulating a day/night cycle.

> Faber's Preston doesn't let me do this too easily or well so I need something more complex. Faber also doesn't seem to want to work to enhance Preston's functionality, so its development stagnates much like AW's does, which is a shame (annoying, actually).
>
> This is also why I think bot functionality should be built-in to AW instead of having to rely on external, 3rd-party developer programs. If anything, a more enhanced script language should be added to the actions to allow for SDK functionality within AW.

--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

What's wrong with my code

Aug 1, 1999, 7:53pm
I'm using Visual C++, i was trying to compile the sample greeterbot i
got these errors while linking:
--------------------Configuration: GreeterBot - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_term
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_destroy
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_wait
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_state_change
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_enter
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_login
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_string_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_int_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_create
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_event_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_init
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__aw_say

GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_string
Debug/GreeterBot.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

GreeterBot.exe - 14 error(s), 0 warning(s)

any ideas?
--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150

What's wrong with my code

Aug 1, 1999, 10:45pm
i linked to the aw.h file using #include "aw.h" is that it, and how do i
include the aw.lib?

[View Quote] [View Quote] --

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

another prob

Aug 3, 1999, 12:24am
i'm agian using VC++, and the sample code, modifed slightly :). I'm
getting an error 454 with is aw_build_mismatch...i have checked,
rechecked and checked agin, all of my .lib, .dll, and .h files, they are
all build 15...plz explain my problem.
Thanks,
JerMe

--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150

another prob

Aug 3, 1999, 10:00pm
i can't do that on my system, i have older bots, that need their version of
the aw.dll, i extracted the SDK build 15 directly to the folder i was using,
and i liked to the .lib in that directory only, i'm shure, i'm thinking that
the aw.lib or aw.dll are not actually build 15, because they aren't
working...i'll try one more time...and i'll rewrite the bot, but i'm shure
that's not the prob.
Thanks,
JerMe

[View Quote] > How do you check if an aw.dll is build 15 ?

--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150

another prob

Aug 3, 1999, 11:48pm
ok...thanks...i got it working

[View Quote] > i can't do that on my system, i have older bots, that need their version of
> the aw.dll, i extracted the SDK build 15 directly to the folder i was using,
> and i liked to the .lib in that directory only, i'm shure, i'm thinking that
> the aw.lib or aw.dll are not actually build 15, because they aren't
> working...i'll try one more time...and i'll rewrite the bot, but i'm shure
> that's not the prob.
> Thanks,
> JerMe

[View Quote] --

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

WOOHOOOO i got the SDK sample proggy working all by myself

Aug 3, 1999, 10:01pm
ok, tell me how...now i'm getting mad...i think i need a new comp...with a
newer version of win98

[View Quote] > Yep, nicely done :)

--

AW: JerMe cit#296967