What's wrong with my code // Sdk

1  |

jeremy booker

Aug 1, 1999, 7:53pm
I'm using Visual C++, i was trying to compile the sample greeterbot i
got these errors while linking:
--------------------Configuration: GreeterBot - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_term
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_destroy
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_wait
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_state_change
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_enter
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_login
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_string_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_int_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_create
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_event_set
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_init
GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__aw_say

GreeterBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__aw_string
Debug/GreeterBot.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

GreeterBot.exe - 14 error(s), 0 warning(s)

any ideas?
--

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150

sparrow

Aug 1, 1999, 10:05pm
[View Quote] That sounds like you didn't link AW.LIB with your project. If you
haven't already, try putting AW.LIB in your project. If you have already
done that, I would suggest messing around with the position it's in. For
example, try making it a dependant of your main code. Or try making your
own code a dependent of it. Just mess around with it. As you can tell,
I'm not very professional in the way I do things... :)

--
-Sparrow
I am a fluffy cheese-head.
E-mail: terreo at geocities.com

jeremy booker

Aug 1, 1999, 10:45pm
i linked to the aw.h file using #include "aw.h" is that it, and how do i
include the aw.lib?

[View Quote] [View Quote] --

AW: JerMe cit#296967
IM: JerMe150
ICQ: 32700123

wampa1

Aug 1, 1999, 10:54pm
in Visual C++ you click
Project --> Add to project --> Files...

then find the AW.lib file and click OK
[View Quote]

walter knupe

Aug 2, 1999, 4:53pm
Its actually better for a foreign lib, such as aw.lib, to be put under

Project/Settings/Linker/Object libraries (just put or add aw.lib in
that edit field)

Walter aka Faber

Wampa1 <Wampa1 at email.msn.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 37a4ec50.0 at homer...
> in Visual C++ you click
> Project --> Add to project --> Files...
>
> then find the AW.lib file and click OK
[View Quote]

tom russell

Aug 3, 1999, 2:17am
That would mean putting aw.lib in this directory, right?
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib

I've been thinking about how to make a .dll(or .lib) out of Ed Sumerfield's
AWCPP C++ framework, and I'm thinking that it would go in this directory, so
this kind of straightened that out for me. Thanks.

Tom Russell

[View Quote]

walter knupe

Aug 3, 1999, 7:49pm
Well that or keep in in the same directory as your project files.

Which is what i do. Even old bots with old aw.dlls compile and run fine this
way, if you have aw.h, aw.lib and aw.dll in the project directory...

Walter aka Faber

37a66d01.0 at homer...