On a last note. (Community)

On a last note. // Community

1  |

facter facter@awsupport

Feb 9, 2001, 12:17pm
I may still post in here relavant information if I believe it necessary.

I, will not myself, join in any discussions - if there is a post, there will
be no follow-up replies to it.

Newsgroup charter will be enforced, and moderation of insulting, and
derogatory posts will be followed.

For myself, I apologise that the efforts I sought were of dissatisfaction to
the community.

Please direct support questions to me via email at support at activeworlds.com

Be good to each other, and enjoy your stay in Activeworlds.

Facter.

j b e l l

Feb 9, 2001, 1:07pm
on please, don't give me that... if all these people weren't just sheep and
following among the others you wouldn't have seemed to "dissatisfy" them..
you were taking a step beyond the call of duty, in attempt to help AW and
it's community, and I commend you for that, you will always be welcome
everywhere I am, facter, your human just like the rest of us, only I feel
you are better then a lot of the people here, you were willing to stand up
to eep, make good points without being insulting, and when it is all said
and done have kept your word and original points, even after much insult and
slander.

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

nornny

Feb 9, 2001, 6:35pm
Exactly, please post your replies. If there's anthing that can show us what
AWCOM is really all about (instead of all the stereotyping and ignorance
usually seen around here), it'd be replying with personal opinions and
subject matters. :)

Besides, Eep's toned down, WHAT do you have to be afraid of now if you stay
honest? Unless you're not being honest...

Nornny

[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Feb 9, 2001, 6:45pm
[View Quote] Nothing at all, because I am honest - my being afraid or dishonest was
never an issue - it was the way I wanted to be treated by members of this
newsgroup that was.

Now that this has been settled, there is no problem.

Fletcher Anderson
AW Tech Support

> Nornny

[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 9, 2001, 8:23pm
Ahhhhh don't leave, I like AWCI presence =(

I dunno what all you guys have against facter anyway. His vote got a little
crazy, but so what? Look at the NGs history...there's never a day without
fighting and flaming and stuff like that, and all you guys seems to be
channeling the fault towards him...

You say he's "divided" the community. How? Our opinions towards eeps and
how he is differ. We all have different thoughts towards issues.

Plus, I hardly think this'll effect us a week from now, it'll be yesterday's
news.

And as for you Facter, if I didn't know better, your not posting anymore
because your embassrassed at the reponse towards your idea. I was kinda
excited to see people from AWCI getting involed. I saw Hamfon in bots, you
in community, and Roland is responding to nearly every post in beta.

If anyone could explain to me how Facter has permantly damaged the community
here, let me know, because I think you guys are all over reacting.

Oh, but there still is a problem. You are leaving, and you'll be sorely
missed.

I'm not going to preach, but if you want a good example of a backfired
"community", head on over to http://www.xwlegacy.net/ This little haven of
the Star Wars gaming elite is a hell hole. I was a staff member there
before political infighting, like this whole Eep situation only much much
much much worse, drove me away.

Before then, I've been in many situations on the losing side that have been
as bad as this (losing side meaning the side that didn't agree with a
certain person who decided he wanted to control everything). Activeworlds
and its newsgroups are heaven compared to them.

It's just a bump in the road, Facter. Please don't leave. :(

SW Chris

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 9, 2001, 10:10pm
yes.. very sorely.. an AWCI staff member is what us "the little guys" need
to insite our whishes to the management "the big guys" The big guys will
just ingore and bump along the little guys untill they have sat in the shoes
of the little guys, facter, a big guy, coming to see what the little guys
are all about is definatelly a step in the right direction, something we
need to get our whishes and complaints commuted to the big, big guys so us
little guys don't get blown over. Facter can help detour us from the path
of getting squished by the big guys giant shoe of egotism, thus making us no
longer people looked down upon by the big guys.. it'll make all of us just a
little bit bigger, ourselves.. (wow.. i wonder if that was as confusing to
read as it was to tyep..)

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

eep

Feb 10, 2001, 1:07am
Wouldn't something from last week be last week's news?

[View Quote] > Plus, I hardly think this'll effect us a week from now, it'll be yesterday's