Re: "aw_static.lib" // Sdk

1  |

faber

Jan 15, 2001, 4:24pm
Reply to "sdk" group since "beta" is read-only for me

This error is not really harmless. It means the code chunks you try to link
together ask for DIFFERENT conflicting runtime-libraries, as in
one code part asks for libc (static), while the other asks for msvcrt
(dll-version).

If you ignore this error you really can get very very strange side effects.

To avoid this error you have to either

a) agree on a runtime library, say all use "libc", a library author has to
attach a note to his lib explaining his runtime choice or
b) tell the linker to ignore your project settings except for explicitly
given library names as in /NODEFAULT:xxx this may lead to
unresolved-externals error or aswell to odd side effects.

Faber

news:3a5ddc7d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...