Virus/Trojan Etc. Alert (General Discussion)

Virus/Trojan Etc. Alert // General Discussion

1  |

brock

Oct 8, 2003, 6:04pm
Telegram from NelXaga, sent just now:
Hey, check out this 3d plugin, it enhances game graphics by at least 25%,
suprisingly it works with all radeon and nvidia graphics cards! The download
link is here: www.evolution3d.com/setup.exe. Have fun!

Don't download that.
Not sure what it does but don't risk it.

--
Brock
AW: 308723

Owner:
IceFlare Networks
IceFlare Hosting Services
Virtual World Broadcasting Network

so if you have no idea what it does, why do you claim its a virus? shouldnt
you be saying: "Anyone know if www.evolution3d.com/setup.exe is a virus or
trojan?"

-SWE

"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> wrote in
news:3f846ddc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Telegram from NelXaga, sent just now:
> Hey, check out this 3d plugin, it enhances game graphics by at least
> 25%, suprisingly it works with all radeon and nvidia graphics cards!
> The download link is here: www.evolution3d.com/setup.exe. Have fun!
>
> Don't download that.
> Not sure what it does but don't risk it.

Nothing there (404). They'll have a hard time infecting you with a 404
error :-)

It was there. I downloaded it but did not run the program.

Chris

[View Quote]

binarybud

Oct 9, 2003, 6:06pm
ditto here...and it checked out just fine...:)

[View Quote]

john

Oct 9, 2003, 6:15pm
Mebbe its not counted as a 'virus' yet?

~John

[View Quote]

stecloud

Oct 9, 2003, 6:17pm
Sounds like preconceptions, anything that comes from Nelxaga is "bad"
apparently. Prejudiced....