NewAW Question (General Discussion)

NewAW Question // General Discussion

1  |

alphabit phalpha

Oct 23, 2002, 1:04pm
Is there going to be items to purchase like groceries and dinners and
clothes etc?
If not a TON of money could be spent on things like NEW outfits!
I'm certainly bored with this plain old black outfit and the semas are
fraying!...lol
Anyways...not sure what all the plans are...but making it more IRL with
HAVING to purchase EVERYTHING...maybe even gowns for the Cy ceremony...would
be such fun:)
Oooooh....guys who propose VR could even purchase diamond rings for their
fiancees!
My goodness...we could go on and on and on!
:)

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> wrote in
news:3db6ba96$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is there going to be items to purchase like groceries and dinners and
> clothes etc?
> If not a TON of money could be spent on things like NEW outfits!
> I'm certainly bored with this plain old black outfit and the semas are
> fraying!...lol
> Anyways...not sure what all the plans are...but making it more IRL
> with HAVING to purchase EVERYTHING...maybe even gowns for the Cy
> ceremony...would be such fun:)
> Oooooh....guys who propose VR could even purchase diamond rings for
> their fiancees!
> My goodness...we could go on and on and on!

Buying clothes is a good idea! Since bots can override your choice of
avatar in 3.4 this would be quite easy to implement too. The bot would just
change your avatar back to whatever you wore before changing if you haven't
bought the right to use that avatar.

KAH

wizard myrddin

Oct 23, 2002, 1:25pm
Sounds like the sims

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 23, 2002, 1:32pm
Yeah disable av list and store shows pics of av's and you can change to your
av choice. This would rock

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 23, 2002, 1:42pm
Maybe sounds like the Sims...but it aint AW:)
Can one learn bot programming and 3d modelling in Sims?
Can you create and upload your own textures in Sims?
I have seen a lot of posts comparing AW to other chat programs that offer 3d
but still fail to see the comparison.
For me...AW offers expression of creativity at it's fullest.
Anyways...just my 13 cents worth:) (13 cause thats my lucky number:)

carlbanks

Oct 23, 2002, 2:24pm
Yeah sims is basically a game where you have no freedom.

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 23, 2002, 2:24pm
Tho you can upload textures.

[View Quote]

d a n

Oct 23, 2002, 3:35pm
Roomers say there will be a sims online which may take by storm. Allowing
you to live your life over the net :-\

---
D a n

[View Quote]

john

Oct 23, 2002, 4:44pm
I thought (& once suggested at TechTalk) that the op has a list of textures
an av can use and then you can change "clothes"..... this would be a
brilliant thing and very easy to implement!

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 23, 2002, 5:00pm
Yea would rock.

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Oct 23, 2002, 5:02pm
Would be much better if someone would write up deatils of skinned avatars so
at least some members can use this option in creation. But then Hammy has
gone :-(

ya, InvasisManuveur (or however he spells his name) has it, hes on beta, the
lucky bastard, lol. thats one of the reasons he left aw(well, he said
something like that)

[View Quote]

nornny11

Oct 24, 2002, 9:17am
Those aren't rumors. lol. The Sims Online is expected to be released within
a few months. :))

And it will be sorta like NewAW, from what I hear about NewAW, just in a Sim
way. :) I actually have followed TSO a lot closer than NewAW, but the
concepts are similar. Put sims/avatars in a world, and let them do real
worldy things. :) Of course, both the programs in general AND specifically
have VERY different focuses and centers, they are by NO means the same or
can ever be compared. :)

--
From the Newbie's Guide to the AW NG:

"Nornny11 - The original wishy-washy man, this one can actually insult you
and compliment you in the same breath, and in the end say absolutely
nothing! What a talent!"
[View Quote]

anduin

Oct 24, 2002, 10:40am
An identity claiming to be known as "kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> scribed the following <Xns92B0ABC7A2B9Bkahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201> in general.discussion:

>Buying clothes is a good idea! Since bots can override your choice of
>avatar in 3.4 this would be quite easy to implement too. The bot would just
>change your avatar back to whatever you wore before changing if you haven't
>bought the right to use that avatar.

Avatar list can be disabled in 3.4 :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)

anduin

Oct 24, 2002, 10:42am
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3db6ddde at server1.Activeworlds.com> in general.discussion:

>Roomers say there will be a sims online which may take by storm. Allowing
>you to live your life over the net :-\

Umm, there IS a Sims Online... It's currently in Beta testing and is due for public release really soon.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

anduin

Oct 24, 2002, 10:43am
An identity claiming to be known as "alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> scribed the following <3db6c369 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in general.discussion:

>Maybe sounds like the Sims...but it aint AW:)
>Can one learn bot programming and 3d modelling in Sims?
>Can you create and upload your own textures in Sims?
>I have seen a lot of posts comparing AW to other chat programs that offer 3d
>but still fail to see the comparison.
>For me...AW offers expression of creativity at it's fullest.
>Anyways...just my 13 cents worth:) (13 cause thats my lucky number:)

You can model and import models into The Sims. This isn't possible in Sims Online though, not unless it's added to an expansion pack which others would have to purchase also.

--
,,,,,