Re: Random crashing (General Discussion)

Re: Random crashing // General Discussion

1  |

bastillion

Nov 5, 2001, 7:43pm
*FIRST* Sorry to cross-post this, but I am unable to post into the Beta
Newsgroup where I found it.

I have been having this same problem for quite some time.

It used to happen almost constantly.. then I reformatted my hard drive,
re-installed Windows 98, installed the lastest (last)
driver set for my video card, and then only upgraded to DirectX 7.0 as I
think that 8.0a did not work with my video card
which is now defunct.

Since doing the above, I now crash only a few times.. and I too can avoid
completely crashing sometimes.. by using Task Manager
and ending aworld.exe... BUT NOT ALWAYS (Most of the time it's a complete
FREEZE)

AW Browser 3.2 Build 397
Gateway Celeron 333
192mb RAM
VooDoo3 3000 PCI (16MB) (Using Last Driver Version Released)
Windows 98 (Not sure if it's 2nd Edition)
3.45gb left on AW's hard drive
DirectX 7.0
MSN 56k Internet Access
*wonder if this might be the problem... as they haven't been really
reliable in other areas*
Ensoniq Built-in Sound Card (SoundBlaster PCI64)
Internet Explorer 5.0 (With updates for it)