world surver problem (General Discussion)

world surver problem // General Discussion

1  |

data21

Sep 16, 2001, 3:03pm
Is anyone having problems with the world surver not reconnecting when you
loose your internet connection?
Its the newest version available to the public that's doing this.
Here is what's going on.
When my internet connection gives me the boot, the world surver will try to
reconnect to the universe.
When it dose this it opens a ton of dial up connections instead of using the
1st one it brought up.
Then it performs an illegal operation then shuts down, never reconnecting.
Sence there is no "BUG" news group I just posted it here.
So if anyone here is having the same problem and have found a way to fix it,
please let me know.
Thanks :-)

PS. This only happens on dial up connections.
I had someone test it with a cable and a DSL connection manually
disconnecting to see what happens.
Seems only dial up gives this problem.

Also bots will use the 1st connection and reconnect, so will the AW browser,
this seems to be a bug in the world surver.
I gess the people at AW don't check things over a dial up connection.
I think they should as many of us still have a dial up and STILL can't get
anything better.
DSL and cable internet is NOT in my area yet. Why you ask? Well here it is,
the stupid phone company is to cheap and lazy to install the new lines into
my town. :-(

jfk2 builder

Sep 16, 2001, 3:28pm
I don't know about AW but the other night when i was setting up that
Memorial To The Events from the last week in DREAMLAN World 69s 3w
0.01a 180... Anne, Thundercloud, JFK2 and many others were there at
DLPGate and Dreamland was connecting & disconnecting about once every 5
- 10 min like clockwork. It was very distracting and i couldn't quite
finish my thing i was doing in DREAMLAN World because of it. But i
don't know if that has any ties to AW or not. It reminded me of what
one of my recent friends told me was happening to Broadway World where
it would lose connections umpteen times. and that was what was
happening the other night to Dreamland Park Universe.

"data21" <dbmiller at kiski.net> wrote in
news:3ba4db7c at server1.Activeworlds.com: