Citizen status in contacts list (Wishlist)

Citizen status in contacts list // Wishlist

1  |

ferruccio

Jul 2, 2003, 7:53am
If you are going to leave for a long period of time, it would be neat to
insert a little message to why you will be away for so long. Perhaps be able
to right click the citizen in the contacts and look at their status, and see
something like "I am moving, I expect to be back in a month".
People right now just change their name, for example "maki moving" which
allows the danger of having their name stolen.

builderz

Jul 2, 2003, 12:34pm
So you want like an "away message" in AIM or something? Why not just
click on the AFK button so the "AFK" logo appears next to your name on
the contact list, or just close the browser down if you aren't going to
be using it for a while?

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

john

Jul 2, 2003, 3:30pm
No, if it used tool-tip-text to show a msg when u hover over and a "PA"
(perm away) icon instead of AFK, Hideen, On, --- then you cud leave info
like that - not hard 2 do I shud imagine.

~John

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 2, 2003, 7:30pm
I mean if you are going to be gone for a few weeks, or a month or so. It
would be nice having a little info in the contacts list, some symbol next to
your name that tells the person that you will be gone for a long period of
time, and you could access a message telling when you will be back. I am
not talking about minutes and hours, I am talking about weeks/months It
would also be nice to be able to send a telegram to everyone on your
contacts list telling them that you will be gone, without having to spend a
while telegramming each and every person

katerine

Jul 2, 2003, 8:59pm
If I understand correct, the idea is to have something next to the nickname
to say if a citizen has expired.

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit
news:3f034ef1$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I mean if you are going to be gone for a few weeks, or a month or so.
> It would be nice having a little info in the contacts list, some
> symbol next to your name that tells the person that you will be gone
> for a long period of time, and you could access a message telling when
> you will be back. I am not talking about minutes and hours, I am
> talking about weeks/months It would also be nice to be able to send a
> telegram to everyone on your contacts list telling them that you will
> be gone, without having to spend a while telegramming each and every
> person

ferruccio

Jul 2, 2003, 9:07pm
well not expired, just if they are going to be gone for long periods of
time. if they expired, just have a red "X" by their name. if they are just
away for about 6 weeks or so, then put a little chat bubble next to their
name, where you click on it and it gives you info as to how many weeks they
will be gone, and when you should see them back online again.

john

Jul 4, 2003, 10:27pm
That was kinda my idea w/ tool tip text (the thing that shows when u hover
over)