Stuff (continued) (Wishlist)

Stuff (continued) // Wishlist

1  |

saber mage

Nov 23, 2002, 10:35pm
Sorry i accedentally used ctrl + enter... too used to telegrams... anyway

the last command, using the "grip" expression, would cause the avtar on top
of the object to rotate in the same direction and speed as the object, and
would cause the avatar to move with the object. I am sure this has most
likely been asked in a different form before, but just askin again (you
gotta get this down!!) anyway, another example would be: create move +10 +0
+0 time=10 wait=5 grip, rotate 0 30 0
This would cause the avatar to move with the objects, but not rotate with
it, incase you dont want the user to get dizzy =oP.

One last wish, i would like to retrieve the AW 3.4 SDK for VB. Thanks all,
later.

technozeus

Nov 24, 2002, 2:41am
Ah, okay... so that's what you meant by a "grip" command. Looks like it would actually be more of a parameter than a command, but I see what you mean now. Yes, this has been asked for in many ways... including the ride command I mentioned in replies to two separate threads recently...

November 22nd, 2002
news:3ddeecd7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com
Re: AW Command (Was Simulation Utility)

and

November 16th, 2002
news:3dd61066 at server1.Activeworlds.com
Re: MSolid On: Brilliant idea!

As far as I can recall at the moment though, I think yours is the first one I have seen that mentions the idea of having an avatar optionally be able to move with an object but not rotate with it, or rotate with the object but not move with it, or neither, or both.

TechnoZeus