Field of View (Wishlist)

Field of View // Wishlist

1  |

dion

Aug 31, 2002, 2:48pm
I would like the FOV to change based on the avatar seq that is happening.
That way people could configure their own FOV changes while walking or just
wanderings that the FOV does while standing there without doing anything.
But I would want the world features to allow a spot so that you can iether
force the users to use that FOV feature or allow the users to configure it
for on or off. Some worlds could make use of this FOV feature but it would
have to be forced, otherwise some people might have an advantage just by
turning it off in some worlds. (Pball and/or RPG)

-Dion

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3d70f34d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I would like the FOV to change based on the avatar seq that is
> happening. That way people could configure their own FOV changes while
> walking or just wanderings that the FOV does while standing there
> without doing anything. But I would want the world features to allow a
> spot so that you can iether force the users to use that FOV feature or
> allow the users to configure it for on or off. Some worlds could make
> use of this FOV feature but it would have to be forced, otherwise some
> people might have an advantage just by turning it off in some worlds.
> (Pball and/or RPG)

I requested this at a bunch of TechTalks ages ago, but Roland wasn't even
sure if RW could do it...

Features that FORCE changes that effect the ENTIRE computer of the clients should always be made an option to turn off. Otherwise we will have other incidents where it will be lag centeral, and people will go and deliberatly put min vis upto 200m.

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3d7155a3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Features that FORCE changes that effect the ENTIRE computer of the
> clients should always be made an option to turn off. Otherwise we will
> have other incidents where it will be lag centeral, and people will go
> and deliberatly put min vis upto 200m.

Huh? You know what FOV is, right?

Field Of View... and last time I checked making a huge FOV and drawing a few thousand more Pollys is not good for framerate.

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3d80ebb8 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Field Of View... and last time I checked making a huge FOV and drawing
> a few thousand more Pollys is not good for framerate.

No, but it doesn't effect more than AW, so what's the problem?

Typo alert: I meant "affect".