help with database, please // Bots

1  |

tivoloran

Feb 10, 2006, 1:38am
I am trying to set up Magsbot with a database, but I keep getting an error
message saying that the provider can not be found and it might not be
installed improperly

The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs and
followed all the instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=Data Source=MyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=False
Table=MyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was working
and the same info I had when it quit working.

tivoloran

Feb 10, 2006, 2:14am
Oh, in case you need to know, my operating system is windows XP.

[View Quote]

magine

--------------090105000201040608090403

Did you install or uninstall any other software before it stopped working?

Try these settings instead:

Provider=
Connect=Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RPG.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;
Table=players
SQL="select * from users.dbf"

[View Quote] >Oh, in case you need to know, my operating system is windows XP.

[View Quote]
--------------090105000201040608090403

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
Did you install or uninstall any other software before it stopped
working?<br>
Try these settings instead:<br>
<tt>Provider=<br>
Connect=Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=RPG.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;<br>
Table=players<br>
SQL="select * from users.dbf"<br>
</tt><br>
[View Quote] [View Quote] The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->and
</pre>
<pre wrap="">followed all the instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=Data Source=MyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=False
Table=MyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->working
</pre>
<pre wrap="">and the same info I had when it quit working.

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->

</pre>

--------------090105000201040608090403--

tivoloran

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0

I found the problem..the database window settings did not match the .ini =
settings...I changed them and it worked fine...took me a few weeks to =
figure it out, though, LOL

maybe could you make it so the database dialogue matches the .ini file =
by default, please?
[View Quote] Try these settings instead:

Provider=3D
Connect=3DDriver=3D{Microsoft Access Driver =
(*.mdb)};Dbq=3DRPG.mdb;Uid=3DAdmin;Pwd=3D;
Table=3Dplayers
SQL=3D"select * from users.dbf"

[View Quote] [View Quote] The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs
and
followed all the instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=3DMicrosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=3DData Source=3DMyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=3DFalse
Table=3DMyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was
working
and the same info I had when it quit working.

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I found the problem..the database =
window settings=20
did not match the .ini settings...I changed them and it worked =
fine...took me a=20
few weeks to figure it out, though, LOL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>maybe could you make it so the database =
dialogue=20
matches the .ini file by default, please?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"Magine" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:magine at turtleflight.com">magine at turtleflight.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:43f63e3a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:43f63e3a$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>Did=20
you install or uninstall any other software before it stopped=20
working?<BR><BR>Try these settings=20
instead:<BR><BR><TT>Provider=3D<BR>Connect=3DDriver=3D{Microsoft =
Access Driver=20
=
(*.mdb)};Dbq=3DRPG.mdb;Uid=3DAdmin;Pwd=3D;<BR>Table=3Dplayers<BR>SQL=3D"s=
elect * from=20
[View Quote] "Tivoloran" <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
href=3D"mailto:challagar at hotmail.com">&lt;challagar at hotmail.com&gt;</A> =
[View Quote] The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->and
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">followed all the =
instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=3DMicrosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=3DData Source=3DMyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=3DFalse
Table=3DMyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->working
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">and the same info I had =
when it quit working.

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0--

magine

--------------060302010501070708020704

The database dialog loads the settings from the .ini, so I'm not sure
what you mean....but I'm glad you got it working.

[View Quote] > I found the problem..the database window settings did not match the
> .ini settings...I changed them and it worked fine...took me a few
> weeks to figure it out, though, LOL
>
> maybe could you make it so the database dialogue matches the .ini file
> by default, please?
>
> "Magine" <magine at turtleflight.com
[View Quote]
--------------060302010501070708020704

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
The database dialog loads the settings from the .ini, so I'm not sure
what you mean....but I'm glad you got it working.<br>
[View Quote] "Tivoloran" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"