tivoloran // User Search

1  2  |

help with database, please

Feb 10, 2006, 1:38am
I am trying to set up Magsbot with a database, but I keep getting an error
message saying that the provider can not be found and it might not be
installed improperly

The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs and
followed all the instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=Data Source=MyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=False
Table=MyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was working
and the same info I had when it quit working.

help with database, please

Feb 10, 2006, 2:14am
Oh, in case you need to know, my operating system is windows XP.

[View Quote]

help with database, please

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0

I found the problem..the database window settings did not match the .ini =
settings...I changed them and it worked fine...took me a few weeks to =
figure it out, though, LOL

maybe could you make it so the database dialogue matches the .ini file =
by default, please?
[View Quote] Try these settings instead:

Provider=3D
Connect=3DDriver=3D{Microsoft Access Driver =
(*.mdb)};Dbq=3DRPG.mdb;Uid=3DAdmin;Pwd=3D;
Table=3Dplayers
SQL=3D"select * from users.dbf"

[View Quote] [View Quote] The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs
and
followed all the instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=3DMicrosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=3DData Source=3DMyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=3DFalse
Table=3DMyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was
working
and the same info I had when it quit working.

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I found the problem..the database =
window settings=20
did not match the .ini settings...I changed them and it worked =
fine...took me a=20
few weeks to figure it out, though, LOL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>maybe could you make it so the database =
dialogue=20
matches the .ini file by default, please?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"Magine" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:magine at turtleflight.com">magine at turtleflight.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:43f63e3a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:43f63e3a$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>Did=20
you install or uninstall any other software before it stopped=20
working?<BR><BR>Try these settings=20
instead:<BR><BR><TT>Provider=3D<BR>Connect=3DDriver=3D{Microsoft =
Access Driver=20
=
(*.mdb)};Dbq=3DRPG.mdb;Uid=3DAdmin;Pwd=3D;<BR>Table=3Dplayers<BR>SQL=3D"s=
elect * from=20
[View Quote] "Tivoloran" <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
href=3D"mailto:challagar at hotmail.com">&lt;challagar at hotmail.com&gt;</A> =
[View Quote] The funny thing is that for awhile it was working fine, but now it
doesn't....

I deleted everything in my magsbot folder and re-extracted all the files
into the folder for a fresh start.....then I reread Magine's class logs
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->and
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">followed all the =
instructions, but I still get the same error.

I have this in my magsbot.ini file:

Provider=3DMicrosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Connect=3DData Source=3DMyDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=3DFalse
Table=3DMyTable

This is the same information, I think, that I had before when it was
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->working
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">and the same info I had =
when it quit working.

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C63412.926ED2F0--

Auto-AFK

Apr 17, 2005, 2:15am
I think there should just be nothing there, rather than the question mark.
I get tired of answering questions about why i have a question mark by my
name.

[View Quote]

send teleport coords

Apr 17, 2005, 1:55am
I would like to see a feature where you can send a user a bookmark from your
teleport list. This feature would be handy for when you have just completed
a build and you want to share it with your friend, but he or she is either
busy, afk, or offline at the time. You can find out your teleport coords by
opening the teleport.txt file in your AW folder, but this way is kinda
inconvenient.

send teleport coords

Apr 17, 2005, 10:52pm
True, but that is still another work around. Features are supposed to make
work arounds unnecessary.

send teleport coords

Apr 19, 2005, 11:31am
R u sure u "right" clicked, not left clicked? It seems to work fine for
me.

[View Quote]

renaming multiple objects

Apr 30, 2005, 5:56pm
I think a much needed feature is the abilty to rename multiple objects...the
simplest way would be that when multiple objects are selected and all of
them have the same name then the object name box is not greyed out...

a more complex way would be for multiple objects with different
names..perhaps there could be a drop down menu in the place of the object
name field and when a specific name is selected, the name is editable so
that all selected objects with that name will be changed to the new name

It is very time consuming to locate and rename each object
individually......I know bots can do this, but I have no experience with
bots and don't know if i could program one to do it

renaming multiple objects

May 5, 2005, 1:55am
Yes, Strike, I did...I know how to rename objects and upload them. I am an
object maker of many years (not saying a great one, but I have done it a
long time). I was talking about when the object selection dialogue box is
present.

[View Quote]

quoted grams

Dec 18, 2005, 12:17am
There should be some way to have the telegrams quoted in the replies...it is
confusing to gram somebody and get a reply a few hours later or days later
and you forgot what it was you said to them to begin with

Preferred world(s) at login...

Feb 8, 2006, 4:39pm
Why not go further than that and have a worlds list come up so you can
teleport straight to any world that is running, rather than go to your
default start every time....this would be especially handy if the browser
crashes and you don't want to have to go to your start world before going
back to the world you were last in.

[View Quote]

Preferred world(s) at login...

Feb 8, 2006, 4:44pm
Didn't think of this til I had already hit the send button. It would be
even better if the whole tabs window would appear at start up. This way,
you don't have to run the 3D portion of the software if you, say, just want
to leave a gram with someone saying you won't be on later, or whatever the
case may be.

[View Quote]

Have Terrain0 be a different file name set in the World Features

May 5, 2006, 11:36pm
Actually, it is more like 500.

http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?terrain

[View Quote]

Joining worlds side by side

May 16, 2006, 1:11am
"From what I've read (I can't play with them until 4.1 finally makes its
debut to the public), Zones could enable this to a large extent in a single
world. Zones are there to be exploited and I think they provide a better
discrete environment than SL does. The object paths issue is always going to
be there unless zones can override the world OP."

I have played around with the zone feature briefly in another universe and
unfortunately they are too limited to allow for such things as the ability
to have their own sky-box, OP, etc.

[View Quote]

More zone feature

Jun 11, 2006, 3:54pm
Whereas the idea of having zones that behave differently than the rest of
the world is appealing, I was expecting them to have more features.

There should be alot more features to make the zones complete, SOME of them
could include:

Allowing a different Home Page URL (enabled or disabled by the CT) - This
could be useful for markets where you would like the home page of the
merchant to not accidentally over ride the home page of their neighbor.

A rating system - This could allow worlds to have multiple areas of varying
ratings so that adults can have a place to themselves without making the
entire world off limits to under age kids. This, of course, would not work
unless the zone feature were server side rather than client side because of
the visibility limitation.

Seperate rights - This feature would have to useable by only a CT or their
bots/priv holders. It would be useful for quests where entering a certain
area would be dependant upon the person completing a prerequisite first.
Or, it could be used for seperating a part of the world off for private
development meetings.

Ability to change the sky/backdrop/etc. - This feature would be great for
fantasy worlds where they have different dimensions and such, like stepping
into a portal, but not having to leave the world.

Ground ambience/diffuse - It kind of defeats the purpose if you can make a
zone pitch black and block world light, but not be able to have a realistic
ambience from light sources within the zone.

Of course, some of these features could be simulated by a bot, but some
world owners are bot illiterate and don't have access to a bot programmer
willing to set up their world for such features.

More zone feature

Jun 19, 2006, 3:07am
Prolly by downloading the zone skybox, but not applying it yet, as soon as
the zone comes within range of the user, then switching from the world
skybox to the zone skybox once the zone is entered and then switching back
once the zone is exited.

[View Quote]

AFK status visible

Jun 17, 2006, 11:27pm
Double Ditto
[View Quote]

AFK status visible

Jun 17, 2006, 11:27pm
Double Ditto
[View Quote]

AFK status visible

Jun 17, 2006, 11:27pm
Double Ditto
[View Quote]

mover seqs

Jul 1, 2006, 11:11pm
I don't know if it has been requested, but it is a pretty basic need. How
about mover specific seqs, not for the avatar using the seq, but the seq
itself? It looks kind of silly riding around on a stiff legged horse,
doesn't it?

mover seqs

Jul 1, 2006, 11:14pm
err, that was a typo...I meant to say "the mover itself", not "the seq
itself"

[View Quote]

Mister Potatoe Head avs

Jul 1, 2006, 11:13pm
I would like for AW to implement an av system like in StageCoach Island
where the user can select from a variety of choices for skin color, hair,
eye color, clothes, and accessories.

editable location parameters

Jul 2, 2006, 1:21am
I would like the location parameters in the build dialogue box be useful for
more than just information. We should be able to type in a new coordinate
and the object move to that coordinate instead of moving the object one
click at a time.

editable location parameters

Jul 3, 2006, 3:55pm
there must be a bug in it....I wasn't thinking before and just remembered
that I was using someone's privs before...but, she is also a caretaker, so
it shouldn't have made a difference. It is probably a security measure,
but is a bit too strict.

[View Quote]

SimPlaza Download Yard

Apr 24, 2005, 6:28pm
I visited Spyder, but all I got were the ground object and clouds and little
black triangles.

[View Quote]

Sword Fighting

Dec 15, 2005, 2:59am
I am looking for a listing of sword fighting maneuvers with descriptions of
each. If any of you are sword fighting fans, please help me with your own
personal knowledge or your favorite resources.

I am in the early stages of planning an RPG world and am doing research on
sword fighting moves for combat gameplay. So far, I have only been able to
find pages detailing combat moves specific to their respective RPG games and
pages which discuss sword fighting in general terms (no descriptions of
specific moves).

What I need is a listing of the names of as many moves as possible, ranging
from the most basic to the more advanced, with a short description of each
and the defensive moves that can counteract each one successfully (along
with its description). And, I would prefer these moves to be real sword
fighting moves, not fictitious ones used in RPG games--I can make up my own
additional moves based on the real ones.

Any resources that you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Sword Fighting

Dec 16, 2005, 11:31pm
I am looking more for premedieval mediterranean region (ie, Roman, Greek,
etc) style since Medieval is way over done in role play. Hehe, I may be
showing my ignorance though. For all I know they could be the same style
:o)

Interesting site, but a bit too much information than I am looking for. I
do appreciate the resource, though. I will bookmark it for sure :)

As to your question about what kind of world it will be: well, it will be an
alien world with no earthly relationship (not an alternate reality like
AWRPG or Arcadia which share much of Earth's folklore and mythology and
customs in medieval times). It will be a world of the "unclad
warrior".......umm.....I think I have said too much already....

Thanks, again.

[View Quote]

Sword Fighting

Dec 17, 2005, 7:55pm
That is exactly what I am trying to do...

Well, actually, the world is inspired by my favorite sword fighter of all
time, John Carter of Mars (though it is very different than Mars in some
ways).

I do not believe there is a related "era" in Earth's history that I can use
to describe the culture and customs of the world.

But, for the purpose of gameplay in the world, I was hoping to find a list
of "generic" sword fighting moves to use for combat. Well, I still am not
able to find anything like that, so I might have to revise my gameplay
procedure some how so as to omit specific descriptive actions.

[View Quote]

"Sneak peak" at AW 4.1 (different universe)

Jan 14, 2006, 3:34am
Sweets, can you not see that once the AW community gets the AW 4.1 version,
they will be able to make their own customizations. You are looking at the
product of the client and how they chose to set it up. When talented
world builders get these features to play with, imagine what they will be
able to do.

Take another look at the project and think in terms of potential: what
COULD be done with it, not what HAS been done with it.

[View Quote]

"Sneak peak" at AW 4.1 (different universe)

Jan 14, 2006, 3:34am
No, they want the kids money because they will be going to college soon and
be getting all sorts of offers for credit cards (Wells Fargo credit card
among many others)

When I started college I was bombarded with pre-approved credit cards. In
fact, they sent me legitimate credit cards and all I had to do was call and
activate them. I didn't have to fill out any paper work whatsoever. Just
call and go to the mall.