Question about searches // Bots

1  |

the architect

May 31, 2003, 3:32am
Hey all, another question.

First off, I am using Java, through the SDK provided by AX Logic
(http://www.axlogic.com/aw/).

I have a bot that does a 5x5 query. First, I tried looking (for a
specific object which I *know* is right there) by Description. Didn't
work. then, I tried looking by Model. Nope. Then, just out of
curiosity, I used AWObject.allObjects, which should basically be a hit
on *every* object. For each object found, I have the bot speak the
model string. I noticed that several objects aren't being found at all.

Any idea why I might miss objects when I don't constrain my search? I
mean, they are right beside my bot.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

"the architect" <user at domain.invalid> wrote in news:3ed83e57$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> First off, I am using Java, through the SDK provided by AX Logic
> (http://www.axlogic.com/aw/).
>
> I have a bot that does a 5x5 query. First, I tried looking (for a
> specific object which I *know* is right there) by Description. Didn't
> work. then, I tried looking by Model. Nope. Then, just out of
> curiosity, I used AWObject.allObjects, which should basically be a hit
> on *every* object. For each object found, I have the bot speak the
> model string. I noticed that several objects aren't being found at all.
>
> Any idea why I might miss objects when I don't constrain my search? I
> mean, they are right beside my bot.

Show us your code. BTW, this is a question for the SDK group. I don't know
what AWObject.allObjects would be, seems like some sort of Java-wrapper
speicific thing?

KAH

milesteg

May 31, 2003, 11:57pm
I can't help you with AX Logic, I use my own java wrapper.
But I am surprised you can't find your object by description.
are you sure you compare to the right String?

Regards,
MilesTeg