Bingo Bot // Bots

1  |

yanst

Feb 24, 2003, 6:59pm
Apologies that this is late.

A couple of people are looking for a Bingo Bot. If anyone knows where one
can be obtained, please post it to the group.

Also, regarding the bingo bots that were in use (and may still be in use) in
bingo worlds, it has been said that these are not truly calling random
numbers. Now, I'm not real savvy on programming, am just passing along this
information. (I did pass along this information in an email to Activeworlds
a few months ago; however, don't know if anything has been done to correct
the problem.)

Perhaps someone can get with a programmer to make a Bingo Bot that is
available to not only bingo worlds, but also the kids or whoever else would
like to use one.

"yanst" <ayansta at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e5a87aa at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Apologies that this is late.
>
> A couple of people are looking for a Bingo Bot. If anyone knows where
> one can be obtained, please post it to the group.
>
> Also, regarding the bingo bots that were in use (and may still be in
> use) in bingo worlds, it has been said that these are not truly
> calling random numbers. Now, I'm not real savvy on programming, am
> just passing along this information. (I did pass along this
> information in an email to Activeworlds a few months ago; however,
> don't know if anything has been done to correct the problem.)
>
> Perhaps someone can get with a programmer to make a Bingo Bot that is
> available to not only bingo worlds, but also the kids or whoever else
> would like to use one.

You won't get more bots by posting more posts :-)) What you were told is
probably someone being a bit silly, as numbers generated by computers can
never be totally random, it's all based on maths, but it does try to the
extent it's to generate random numbers. I wouldn't worry about it. Go nag
the AWI about making their bot free or something instead of nagging us.