Thread

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (Sdk)

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION // Sdk

1  |  

veleno

Nov 15, 1998, 5:32am
whenever I run a AWbot program where I do some string managing, my bot
is killed and I get
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Dumping stack trace to bot.exe.core

what is really returning this error?

walter knupe

Nov 15, 1998, 9:49am
Veleno,

Veleno schrieb in Nachricht <364E8395.132FCDD1 at hiwaay.net>...
>whenever I run a AWbot program where I do some string managing, my bot
>is killed and I get
> Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> Dumping stack trace to bot.exe.core
>
>what is really returning this error?
>

What do you mean by "what is really returning this error?"

When you encounter an STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION while doing string
manipulations I guess its the system preventing your program from running
away. So it would help alot if you'd post what string manipulations you do.

Walter

edward sumerfield

Nov 16, 1998, 2:01pm
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
Further to Walter's comments. It is your operating system giving you this
error. Your program is trying to write to memory that it is not allowed
to. It was kind enough to create you a core file which can be used to work
out where in your code the problem occurs (as long as the corruption was
not to bad).
<P>Bottom line, as Walter said, your code is wrong, post it and we will
take a look.
<P>Edward Sumerfield
[View Quote]

dalthan

Nov 16, 1998, 8:08pm
Something else about this problem. I've been running my bot pretty much
all afternoon, but every once
and a while, the bot will kill itself dumping to core, even when nothing
has changed in his surroundings... the core dump reads:

(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) Exception trapped!
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception C0000005 at 10047A35
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception: ax 339CF958 bx 339CF958
cx 339CF958 dx 53
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception: si 253F898 di 15 bp
253F6AC sp 253F6A8
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) Stack trace:
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x253F3B8, pc =
0x1000A26C
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x253F4DC, pc =
0xBFF76780
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x253F500, pc =
0xBFF858F3
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x253F598, pc =
0xFFECBAD7
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x253F6AC, pc =
0x1004A918
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 5: sp = 0x253F8E4, pc =
0x10049FC0
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 6: sp = 0x253F8FC, pc =
0x10046D5C
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 7: sp = 0x253F968, pc =
0x402225
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 8: sp = 0x253FB14, pc =
0x40207E
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 9: sp = 0x253FB28, pc =
0x10006B59
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 10: sp = 0x253FE0C, pc =
0x10006B6C
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 11: sp = 0x253FE18, pc =
0x4037A2
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 12: sp = 0x253FE28, pc =
0x40103A
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 13: sp = 0x253FE38, pc =
0xBFF88E93
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 14: sp = 0x253FF78, pc =
0xBFF88D41
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 15: sp = 0x253FFF4, pc =
0xBFF87759
(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) End of stack trace (more stack
frames may be present)

Now... the meaning of this, to me, is absolutely nothing....
Can you guys tell me anything?

[View Quote] > Further to Walter's comments. It is your operating system giving you
> this error. Your program is trying to write to memory that it is not
> allowed to. It was kind enough to create you a core file which can be
> used to work out where in your code the problem occurs (as long as the
> corruption was not to bad).
>
> Bottom line, as Walter said, your code is wrong, post it and we will
> take a look.
>
> Edward Sumerfield
>
[View Quote]

walter knupe

Nov 16, 1998, 8:26pm
A Stack backtrace like that is meaningless without a debuggee with symboled
attached to it (or otherwise available to the program popping up the stack
backstrace...

the only common number here is c0000005 wich is share violation.... same
thing as in this thread before.

so the same things apply... try to post code fragments, but if the crash
appears to be appearing by random, there's not much what we can do here from
remote...

Walter



Dalthan schrieb in Nachricht <3650A272.A0FC27E6 at hiwaay.net>...
>Something else about this problem. I've been running my bot pretty much
>all afternoon, but every once
>and a while, the bot will kill itself dumping to core, even when nothing
>has changed in his surroundings... the core dump reads:
>
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) Exception trapped!
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception C0000005 at 10047A35
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception: ax 339CF958 bx 339CF958
>cx 339CF958 dx 53
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception: si 253F898 di 15 bp
>253F6AC sp 253F6A8
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) exception is:
>STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) Stack trace:
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x253F3B8, pc =
>0x1000A26C
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x253F4DC, pc =
>0xBFF76780
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x253F500, pc =
>0xBFF858F3
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x253F598, pc =
>0xFFECBAD7
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x253F6AC, pc =
>0x1004A918
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 5: sp = 0x253F8E4, pc =
>0x10049FC0
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 6: sp = 0x253F8FC, pc =
>0x10046D5C
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 7: sp = 0x253F968, pc =
>0x402225
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 8: sp = 0x253FB14, pc =
>0x40207E
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 9: sp = 0x253FB28, pc =
>0x10006B59
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 10: sp = 0x253FE0C, pc =
>0x10006B6C
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 11: sp = 0x253FE18, pc =
>0x4037A2
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 12: sp = 0x253FE28, pc =
>0x40103A
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 13: sp = 0x253FE38, pc =
>0xBFF88E93
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 14: sp = 0x253FF78, pc =
>0xBFF88D41
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) frame 15: sp = 0x253FFF4, pc =
>0xBFF87759
>(E:\ACTIVE WORLDS\SDK\DINGO.EXE 1000) End of stack trace (more stack
>frames may be present)
>
>Now... the meaning of this, to me, is absolutely nothing....
>Can you guys tell me anything?

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn