Idea for Bots. // Bots

1  |

carlbanks

May 30, 2002, 2:15pm
1 program which you can put all ur bots n and you can minizmie program so
you don't have alot of bots out on taskbar and such.

"carlbanks" <Virtualcarlbanks at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3cf6502d$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> 1 program which you can put all ur bots n and you can minizmie program so
> you don't have alot of bots out on taskbar and such.

I guess you COULD do this, but I don't support taking over control of other
apps, maybe you should consider running your bots on a different machine
(use it as bot server).

KAH

carlbanks

May 30, 2002, 2:30pm
I don't have another machine. if I did I would be also be buying a P_500
world.

[View Quote]

carlbanks

May 30, 2002, 2:32pm
Not everyone is old enough to have a job.
Also my parents would never buy me another machine.

[View Quote]

dion

May 30, 2002, 2:34pm
buy a cheapie thing. Go on ebay and buy a 133mhz pentium for $100 :-P
Probably closer to $50. You don't even need a monitor for it.

But anyway, Xelagot allows you to put 3 bots on it and will minimize to the
taskbar :-)

[View Quote]

brant

May 30, 2002, 8:30pm
I second that. Simply hook it up to an existing monitor and install VNC on
it (search download.com if you don't know what this program does). Then
disconnect the monitor and return it to its original location, hook up both
computers to the Internet connection through a local network, and
everything's set - all of this can probably be done for about $75 plus
another $25 shipping using eBay.

[View Quote]

dion

Jun 1, 2002, 5:51am
and if you get pcAnywhere, you won't need to connect it to a monitor if/when
things go wrong or you want to change somthing ;-)
www.symantec.com