Xelagot chess-bug fixed // Bots

1  |

xelag

Apr 29, 2001, 6:34pm
A rare random bug in the check-mate verification code of xelagots caused
some games to deadlock (check was being announced instead of check-mate). I
found and fixed it (hopefully). The current chess scripts are ok, but chess
players should download and install the latest version (X1 2.9999991 and
Av99Bot/SrvcXlgBot 2.991).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

XelaG

xelag

Apr 29, 2001, 6:40pm
should be:

.... should download and install the latest version of the bot (X1 2.9999991
and
Av99Bot/SrvcXlgBot 2.991).

[View Quote]

faber

May 2, 2001, 5:29pm
Hmm, a question comes to my mind.. .why does Xelagot have check-mate verification code and a chess script ?

Wouldn't either a) the bot do chess without the need to be scripted to it or b) (preferably) a chess script also include the
check-mate verification and therefore be the only thing needing an upgrade ?

Just a thought :)

And yes, i still do question your versioning scheme :) "2.9999991" can't be called a version number, i'd say :)

Faber

ps: no offence intended !

"xelag" <xelag at 3dee.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3aec7af1$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A rare random bug in the check-mate verification code of xelagots caused
> some games to deadlock (check was being announced instead of check-mate). I
> found and fixed it (hopefully). The current chess scripts are ok, but chess
> players should download and install the latest version (X1 2.9999991 and
> Av99Bot/SrvcXlgBot 2.991).
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> XelaG

xelag

May 4, 2001, 12:27am
To chess bot verification, no answer really, you should know better than ask
this sort of question, Faber. I do my job my own way, you do it yours :)
The chess engine is hard coded, the script is what you miss in Preston...

Concerning your objection to my numbering scheme, you have already in the
past said that. I do not really care a *f* about that objection, LOL, it is
also my own business and not yours. It suits *me* fine, I make my own bots.
You are free to make yours the way you like.

I have always respected other people's bots and promoted them, and I will
carry on doing so.

No offence intended here either!

XelaG