crash on entry (Community)

crash on entry // Community

ok, i need help with my world (Tikiland), it's really starting to piss me
off now. almost 3 out of every 4 people who enter my world (tikiland) crash.
it actually got to were i couldn't even enter my own world for like a week.
not sure whats wrong with it, i don't think it's the objects, because
sometimes the crashes aren't instant, it sometimes only when you start
moving, and sometimes as soon as i switch from the aw window (well was, i
personally don't crash anymore).
Well, anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it, my world is
Tikiland by the way

-SWE

77

Oct 22, 2005, 4:15am
you may have to reinstall the AW world server tool, unless you are hosted by
someone else and not on your computer.
[View Quote]

chrispeg

Oct 22, 2005, 4:29am
The texture mask "pleaf1m.bmp" appears to be a 32bit format, RGB + alpha channel.
Renderware supports 24bit bitmaps, no alpha channel.

"The toolkit provides reading and writing functions for the BMP image format.

BMP stands for Bitmap, and is a standard Microsoft Windows image format. Supports
paletted, 24 bit RGB color, and greyscale images. This format does not support alpha
channels."

Chris

Development Department
Activeworlds, Inc

"SWE" <swe at swehli.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4359d0c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ok, i need help with my world (Tikiland), it's really starting to piss me off now.
> almost 3 out of every 4 people who enter my world (tikiland) crash. it actually got to
> were i couldn't even enter my own world for like a week. not sure whats wrong with it, i
> don't think it's the objects, because sometimes the crashes aren't instant, it sometimes
> only when you start moving, and sometimes as soon as i switch from the aw window (well
> was, i personally don't crash anymore).
> Well, anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it, my world is Tikiland by
> the way
>
> -SWE

aaa, thanks. didn't know that. guess i better get to changing all my masks
then :)

-SWE