encraoches when object change // Sdk

1  |

the derek

Jun 9, 2002, 1:11am
when i do aw_object_change it says its encroaching. im 100% SURE its not
encroaching so dont ask if i checked to see if its building on someone elses
property. i dont know why its doing this

grimble

Jun 9, 2002, 8:37am
if you're definitely using the same citnum privs for the bot as has placed
the other objects there then I can't see what the problem can be. Wrong cit
is the usual problem with this as aw adds the replacement object before
deleting the old one.

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3d02c766 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> when i do aw_object_change it says its encroaching. im 100% SURE its
> not encroaching so dont ask if i checked to see if its building on
> someone elses property. i dont know why its doing this

I've had some weird trouble with updating objects (in VB, I don't know if
this is a VB wrapper related thing) if I don't set all the object values
again, instead of just changing the one I want to change, it has fun
changing citnum to the citnum of objects nearby, model, etc, etc. Have you
set all the object properties (especially the position/rotation, model and
owner properites)?

KAH

the derek

Jun 10, 2002, 1:14am
yeah i was just about to test that when i got around to it, cause i saw it
on the c++ sdk docs. im pretty sure its cause im not updating the
object_owner. i guess this is one of the problems with vb :/
thanks