Please pass to beta... (Community)

Please pass to beta... // Community

1  |

lady nighthawk

Jan 28, 2005, 4:56pm
Media file radius seems to be messed up. I haven't changed my media so it
must be browser updates causing this, or perhaps I just never noticed it was
based on visibility according to the tests below:

Here's a sample of my media file ...
activate media bcolor=0 color=skyblue name=radio
url=HTTP://69.51.121.37:8080 "KBBZ Classic Rock" vol=100 radius=500

And yes I think I've heard max radius is 300 or so. But according to these
tests it seems to be more dependent on visibility settings!?

With visibility at 30m...
Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
Once I get to 49N 11W the media stops

With visibility at float (*about 110m* for my connection/computer)...
Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
Once I get to 49N 7W the media stops

With visibility at 200m...
Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
Once I get to 49N 15E the media stops
*likes this one best* but I don't like having my vis on 110-200m, I'd prefer
60m
and have the sound continue to play well beyond what my vis may be

Should media be dependent on visibility? It has nothing to do with
visibility (aside from being attached to an object) ... it's what you hear,
not what you see. I'd like to suggest perhaps a way to have media continue
with repetition ... for instance, if I have the same code in a sign 3m away
then I don't loose the sound because it carries from one to the next and so
on? Can that be done?

LNH

--

chrispeg

Jan 28, 2005, 5:33pm
Hi LNH,

The command you use refers to an object named 'radio'. If this object
becomes out of range, it will stop the media playing. The define media
radius of more than the maximum visibilitiy of 200 meters only affects the
decrease in volume in distance of the played media.
For a full description and to answer your other questions to the media
command you might want to look up
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/media_command.html.

Enjoy and have fun :)
Chris

"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41fa8adb at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Media file radius seems to be messed up. I haven't changed my media so it
> must be browser updates causing this, or perhaps I just never noticed it
> was based on visibility according to the tests below:
>
> Here's a sample of my media file ...
> activate media bcolor=0 color=skyblue name=radio
> url=HTTP://69.51.121.37:8080 "KBBZ Classic Rock" vol=100 radius=500
>
> And yes I think I've heard max radius is 300 or so. But according to these
> tests it seems to be more dependent on visibility settings!?
>
> With visibility at 30m...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 11W the media stops
>
> With visibility at float (*about 110m* for my connection/computer)...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 7W the media stops
>
> With visibility at 200m...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 15E the media stops
> *likes this one best* but I don't like having my vis on 110-200m, I'd
> prefer 60m
> and have the sound continue to play well beyond what my vis may be
>
> Should media be dependent on visibility? It has nothing to do with
> visibility (aside from being attached to an object) ... it's what you
> hear, not what you see. I'd like to suggest perhaps a way to have media
> continue with repetition ... for instance, if I have the same code in a
> sign 3m away then I don't loose the sound because it carries from one to
> the next and so on? Can that be done?
>
> LNH
>

> --

lady nighthawk

Jan 28, 2005, 9:16pm
The object is right beside the sign, for which I have them every 5m or so
spacing. They go out of range regardless of where the next radio object is
and seems to be dependent on visibility settings. Thanks for replying
chrispeg! Hugzzz

LNH

chrispeg

Jan 29, 2005, 1:04am
Look at the "nostart" argument for forwarding a stream from one sign to
another. The "name" argument is not very helpful for these purposes.

1) start a stream
Create sign "Click to start"; active media url=http://my.radio.com:8080
radius=50

2) continue the the same stream, distance to the 1st sign less than 50m
create media url=http://my.radio.com:8080 radius=50 nostart

2) continue the the same stream, distance to the 2nd sign less than 50m
create media url=http://my.radio.com:8080 radius=50 nostart

and so on. You may want to keep the volume at 100% within the given path
following the media-signs by setting radius=200 .

I hope that helps,
Chris

"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41fac7cd at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The object is right beside the sign, for which I have them every 5m or so
> spacing. They go out of range regardless of where the next radio object is
> and seems to be dependent on visibility settings. Thanks for replying
> chrispeg! Hugzzz
>
> LNH

lady nighthawk

Jan 29, 2005, 5:18am
Chris, thank you so much for your time and help ... you rock! Hugzzz

LNH