new avatars in AW world! its about time (Community)

new avatars in AW world! its about time // Community

1  |

duskbat

Nov 8, 2003, 12:09am
yes or no

lets keep cedric, grey, and all of them but wouldnt a few new modern
avatars be nice for AW and other public worlds? maybe animal avatars of
more aliens and nice looking ppl. there.com and second life have new
avatars :) real life gets 10000s new avatars every day! Oh I dont now
if its true what i hear but aw world might be to unstable to support new
avatars. We have to let awi know or they will just think we will riot
if they add new avatars. either way lets still riot!

Duskbat R. Rabbit

light form

Nov 8, 2003, 6:21am
Yes

LF

[View Quote]

sw comit

Nov 8, 2003, 6:51am
Yes, but we're talking about adding new avatars not replacing are we?

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Nov 8, 2003, 8:11am
More to the point is what ever happened to the Skinned avatars? remember
last year the new improved features. Now this would be a vast improvement to
get away from the present avatar catalogue.

Or perhaps it was a pipedream that never bore fruit!

"wizard myrddin" <wiz at nomail.com> wrote in
news:3facc13b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> More to the point is what ever happened to the Skinned avatars?
> remember last year the new improved features. Now this would be a vast
> improvement to get away from the present avatar catalogue.
>
> Or perhaps it was a pipedream that never bore fruit!

I think it's all there, it's just that nobody knows how to use it. HamFon
said he was going to write documentation on it and get it out before he
left, but this doesn't appear to have happened.

Without documentation, any such major feature is completely useless, and a
waste of precious time.

KAH

wizard myrddin

Nov 8, 2003, 2:34pm
If my memory serves me correct wasent this the reason for the price hype? to
employ programmers, I think 6 where mentioned at that time.

perhaps Hamfon was the only one that understood it to write about it, not
take 2 years, TZ wrote the new help files why not get him to do it? he has
the academic qualifications to understand.

It just seem a dam shame a important new feature if left on the sideline
because no on can give time to write the instructions up.

[View Quote]

duskbat

Nov 8, 2003, 11:56pm
Enzo may we have new avatars for AW world and keep the original ones
too!! please

[View Quote] > If my memory serves me correct wasent this the reason for the price hype? to
> employ programmers, I think 6 where mentioned at that time.
>
> perhaps Hamfon was the only one that understood it to write about it, not
> take 2 years, TZ wrote the new help files why not get him to do it? he has
> the academic qualifications to understand.
>
> It just seem a dam shame a important new feature if left on the sideline
> because no on can give time to write the instructions up.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Nov 9, 2003, 1:10am
yes