HELP with Trojan (Community)

HELP with Trojan // Community

1  |

shia

Jul 22, 2003, 12:51pm
Can someone tell me how to remove this awtoolkit trojan from my computer...I
read all the posts but no one mentions the registry changes and AW is not
responding to my emails.

"shia" <cabaround at cox.net> wrote in
news:3f1d4f62$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Can someone tell me how to remove this awtoolkit trojan from my
> computer...I read all the posts but no one mentions the registry
> changes and AW is not responding to my emails.

It probably just adds some entries in
HKEY_(LOCAL_MACHINE|CURRENT_USER)\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run[Once|Service|etc]

An easy way to find them (although they're of no danger if you got
rid of the files) would be to search the registry for the filename(s)
the trojan was dumped as. Just use regedit (be warned, if you edit
the wrong entries you could screw some things up, make sure it's
only stuff pertaining to the trojan).

KAH

shia

Jul 22, 2003, 1:29pm
I'll try that...thanks
[View Quote]

themask

Jul 22, 2003, 6:20pm
I've been watching my taskmanager and since then my damned unpacket RAN it,
i haven't seen it come back from the dead.

e n z o

Jul 22, 2003, 7:16pm
What email address are you sending your questions to? The address is
support at activeworlds.com

shia

Jul 22, 2003, 11:30pm
Thats the one...