Reunion (Community)

Reunion // Community

1  |

kellee

Feb 9, 2003, 1:42am
I see the AW reunion is in North Carolina this year?
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/koolccg/reunion2003/run.htm

If any one is interested in getting an Australian Reunion together, please
let me know.

I'd be glad to put anyone up if it was held in Adelaide :o)

Is there any Australians left in AW?

facter

Not many mate...its way too expensive on the aussie dollar....translates to
almost $200 a year, no one back home is really willing to spend so much.

F.

lord perception

Feb 9, 2003, 5:43pm
[View Quote] Ugh...
*downloads hundreds of flame posts and wades through the carnage*

I guess I'm one of the last New Zealanders here,
ActiveWorlds during Both our evening time zones is Dead! As you said in
another post AW GZ is dead as well, only the gate has people. Often I have
to settle for a night of loneliness, and just continue building away hoping
that some day ActiveWorlds will recover. Last Month I gave up that hope, I
just simply can't drag myself to build anymore, I can no longer be bothered
logging into ActiveWorlds much anymore, as every time I do, I'm increasingly
sorely disappointed at the deadness and immediately log off to do other
things..

If you look at it in a brutal view, Since ActiveWorlds is lonely, and it
like building on a stand alone 3D application. A thought occurred to me
that
I should go back to the old days of buying a few strategy games to play in
the usual time before bedtime and replace ActiveWorlds, which actually
doesn't seems like a bad idea. I went through a few local Web sites just to
see what was on offer and probably could buy about 3-6 decent strategy games
(although not the latest hottest new releases, Also at times 70 US can buy
two of those new releases strategy games depending on the currency
fluctuations) instead of spending 70 USD on an AW citizenship.

Well the thing that matters to the AW Community right now...

*** What can WE do about this situation? ***

I've been pondering this for so long now and have yet to think of _anything_
It seems the fate of AW almost relies totally on JP and Rick, no matter how
I try to think. Trying to get people to this place has, for me, been a
dismal failure. Most people will go in, say "Um Okay, whatever...", choke
on the fact that it's 130 NZD and leave never to be seen again.

Some other citizens have even written to newspapers attempting to get them
to look at AW and perhaps write an article giving AW free advertising. But
it seems most go "pffftttt"

If anyone has any ideas on what can be done, let them be heard now.
I'm beginning to think Non-gaming Multi-user 3D has passed it's use by date

Despite me losing interest in the AW, I'm still hoping that one day,
ActiveWorlds will recover. But history has shown us over the long term that
the population is shrinking, 1997 and then in 2002. so I don't know...

--
On another matter, if people want to contact me, It's better to E-mail
perception at orcon.net.nz rather than telegram me now as I hardly log in much

absolute monarch

Feb 10, 2003, 4:53am
Well, I'm an Australian. ^_^
One of the few left. All my friends left, it costs too much, I'm only
staying on through generous donations.

--
Absolute Monarch
338508

wizard myrddin

Feb 10, 2003, 5:20am
Pity was not in April when I come to states

[View Quote]

lord perception

Feb 10, 2003, 7:05am
"absolute monarch" <absolutemonarch at sapphireestates.cjb.net> wrote in
message news:3e474c5c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well, I'm an Australian. ^_^
> One of the few left. All my friends left, it costs too much, I'm only
> staying on through generous donations.

Same here, They are all gone now. Any new friends I make never stick around
for long.

I'm still running on my own cash and any cit extensions I can be bothered to
pick up, However I've decided that I'm going to pull the plug and let my
citizenhip expire in September as I hardly use ActiveWorlds now. I'm
guessing now, it's my turn to pack up my belongings, head for the Exit and
be on my way back down the Information superhighway.

I do however intend to be back, But only when I hear news that ActiveWorlds
is making it's come back and that the community is growing again (if it ever
does).

Anyway, how is Sapphire City coming along? What are you up to in
ActiveWorlds these days?

rowey

Feb 12, 2003, 5:29pm
Im Aussy but no way in hell Im driving all the way to Adelaide lol, you can
come upto NewSouthWales =D
Im also here by donations, too expensive otherwise =)