I Know 'Cos I Was There (Community)

I Know 'Cos I Was There // Community

1  |

gandalf

Nov 1, 2002, 10:52pm
I Know 'Cos I Was There
by Gandalf

You could see them on the horizon
Their torches in their hands
They were off towards the newsgroups
The Flamers and their Band

With mad intent and fits of rage
They were ready to start the war
Boo-ing and Hissing at people they met
Regardless of the Law

Personal attacks thrown back and forth
This was not a happy sight
We all prayed and hoped and wished and wanted
That it'll be over tomorrow night

Oh Lord how wrong we all were
As we all clicked to log in
The Flames seemed to be growing
The flamer's wanting to win

And so there seems no end to it
The shouting and moaning
I wish we could all get along
Without the wingeing and growning

All these problems aren't that bad
I'm sure we can work it out
Afterall we are a community
And there really is no need to shout

I know We call ourselves a community
But some don't really care
They'll try and cover this flame war up
But I'll know, 'cos I was there

alphabit phalpha

Nov 1, 2002, 11:02pm
That was really pretty Gandalf...thanks for sharing:)
Hugggs:)
Bit:)

technozeus

Nov 1, 2002, 11:17pm
Yes, great piece of work there. :) Very descriptive, and rather artistic at that.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

linn

Nov 1, 2002, 11:41pm
yes very good poetry however it's a lil hard to tell who's side this is on

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 1, 2002, 11:47pm
Doesn't look like it takes sides at all to me... I took it as a personal recount of a historic event.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

linn

Nov 1, 2002, 11:52pm
you just don't know HOW historic this will be in the end

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 2, 2002, 12:04am
true

[View Quote]

binarybud

Nov 2, 2002, 1:19pm
TROLL!

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Nov 2, 2002, 1:29pm
Well.... All I have to say is.. BRAVO!!!! Nice work gandalf :)

LG
[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Nov 2, 2002, 1:30pm
Oh and in response to linn... I really dont think he intended sides...
merely an aboservation of the events.. and a rather good one :)

LG

"gandalf" <Gandalf at madactor.co.uk> wrote in
news:3dc32fce at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I Know 'Cos I Was There
> by Gandalf
> [...]

Good one Gandalf! And Linn, don't be so black and white in your world
perception, a post doesn't need to take a "side"... Outsiders that come in
and read this must run away screaming, and think we're a bunch of crazy
freaks.