Pollen (Community)

Pollen // Community

1  2  3  |

facter facter@awsupport

Jul 24, 2001, 7:09pm
Free public building outside of the 50 nsew zone has been re-instated.

--
Facter
Active Worlds Support
Activeworlds.com
support at activeworlds.com

what r u talking bout? in the world AW?if so wasnt there always free public
building?
if ur talking bout something else and im the only one who doesnt understand
can someone please expliain it to me?
[View Quote]

deconstructor

Jul 24, 2001, 11:03pm
He's talking about his world, Pollen.
It's a nifty world, go check it out.

Deconstructor

Facter's world is named Pollen.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Jul 25, 2001, 12:32am
lmao.. ur so funny..

[View Quote]

eep

Jul 25, 2001, 2:49am
Shyea, if you like drug-induced mindfucks and having a headache all the time, sure...

[View Quote] > He's talking about his world, Pollen.
> It's a nifty world, go check it out.

Ohhhh,so thats what the subject ment! well he could have said in
Pollen,because i dont know about you guys, but i dont instantly know what
world every aw employee owns!
[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Jul 25, 2001, 1:02pm
[View Quote] Well you know Eep, not everyone is interested in milk bottles, some people
like things a little different =)

F.

[View Quote]

brandon

Jul 25, 2001, 2:18pm
i didnt know he owned that world but seemingly the subject of the whole
thing is Pollen (which i know is a name of a world) i knew what he was
talking about

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jul 25, 2001, 3:24pm
Facter, I liked the world. I am not too much into orange, but the overall
effect is very nice.

[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Jul 25, 2001, 3:33pm
[View Quote] I change it around all the time, thanks for the comments =)

F.

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 25, 2001, 5:23pm
Give up while you're ahead, if you are that is :-)

[View Quote]

eep

Jul 25, 2001, 5:51pm
Um, I have ONE milkjug (not a bottle, you uncultured bafoon). I model realistically; you model...well, wackily. <shrug>

[View Quote] [View Quote]

moff piett

Jul 25, 2001, 7:14pm
atlease he doesn't rely on the shamefull crutch that are alpha world objects
in his world. There's nothing I respect more than a world with zero aw
objects. Even if it is a wierd trippy place I don't like. I don't like
it.. but I can respect it far more than any place with alpha world yuck. If
I see a 2d wall edge or pp16... I usualy just leave the world in disgust.

facter

Jul 25, 2001, 10:07pm
> Um, I have ONE milkjug (not a bottle, you uncultured bafoon). I model
realistically; you model...well, wackily. <shrug>

You need to lighten up, I was joking around.

F.

[View Quote]

eep

Jul 25, 2001, 10:41pm
Well you won't find hardly any objects in Cubed and Hole (and of those you do I've usually MUCH improved). Mauz and I made most of the other objects...

[View Quote] > atlease he doesn't rely on the shamefull crutch that are alpha world objects
> in his world. There's nothing I respect more than a world with zero aw
> objects. Even if it is a wierd trippy place I don't like. I don't like
> it.. but I can respect it far more than any place with alpha world yuck. If
> I see a 2d wall edge or pp16... I usualy just leave the world in disgust.

eep

Jul 25, 2001, 10:43pm
<shrug> I wasn't. YOU need to start taking things more seriously and get out of the little box you live in.

[View Quote] > realistically; you model...well, wackily. <shrug>

> You need to lighten up, I was joking around.
>
> the time, sure...
> people

epp for fuk sakes do us all a favour and stop with the insults on the NG. it
doesnt make anyone think ull cool or shit,justs makes everyone relise how
immature someone ur age can be! so if u dont have something which doesnt
insult everyperson who ever used the NG to say,then just sit down and shut
up!

SWE [ no hard feelings :) ]

say what? give up bout what?
[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 26, 2001, 12:17am
Nevermind, airplane joke.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jul 26, 2001, 12:39am
Do you have anything worth seeing (like in AW) that doesn't come in 3 or 4
letter attacks?

[View Quote]

john viper

Jul 26, 2001, 12:41am
Is there something particularly wrong with not sticking to the norm? This
is virtual reality, you know, not reality. You choose to be realistic, that
is fine. He chooses to be quite a bit less realistic, and whilst it is
extremely... orange... I find the change in scenery from the everyday stuff
that I can get plenty of in R/L to be rather pleasant.

And how can you be certain the builds in Pollen world are not realistic?
I'll be the first to admit that I highly doubt this one, but how do you know
that there is no alien world out there somewhere that looks just like his
world?

Anyways, the moral of the story here is that object modelling is a form of
art, and some art critics probably have pocket notebooks full of phrases
like "Art is a form of expressing emotion" or some psychiatric stuff like
that. Either way, whilst I do not think all art is necessarily beautiful...
(that "Scream" painting has never particularly tickled my fancy...) I still
have respect for it, and I think it is a very agreeable fact to say that
Facter has been fairly original in his world, and does not need to be bashed
down for just having a little fun.

And this is not to say, either, that you are less of an artist because your
world closely resembles realistic objects in Reality. After all, making all
of those life-like textures would require a patience unknown to me, and as
for the structures themselves... wow. Sounds on everything! That must have
taken forever!

As you can see, you both have ways of artwark. Yours is more concrete, more
down to earth, more "realistic" if you will. Other people are more
abstract. Not everything has to be in its perfect place for them, and this
is fine and dandy. Really, its all good...

-John

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in news:3B5F21EF.31E13D95 at tnlc.com:

> Um, I have ONE milkjug (not a bottle, you uncultured bafoon). I model
> realistically; you model...well, wackily. <shrug>

Jeff Tickle (John Viper, #296714)
jviper at jtsoft.net
http://www.jtsoft.net

lol, k
[View Quote]

wing

Jul 26, 2001, 4:12am
Eep, not all of us are as.. Grounded as you. Most of us have a sense of humor even under the most serious circumstances.
[View Quote]

chucks party

Jul 26, 2001, 5:59am
Well just like my world Elysium or RVR World, they are takes on people's
imaginations and using their own textures and colors to make a place that is
inviting and interesting. Landscapes are nice but very much a plenty. Some of us
like to step into a place and be taken away by it's sheer genius and design and
art value than to see things we can go outside and see everyday, lol It's all in
the mind's eye. If every world looked like Alpha and there was no other choice I
would probably not even be here in AW, lol Which is another good reason to make
worlds cheaper so people with modest incomes can afford a world too cause really
there is nothing like it, and to those of you that say more dead worlds, BS!
It's not about dead worlds, it's about having your own world where you can
upload what you want and create what you want. The value of that is great to be
able to do and I still go to other worlds to see other cit owned worlds and
other AW owned worlds because cit owned worlds are the koolest thing AW has
going for it and AW owned worlds are the only places where you can hold huge
events and not have to pay thru the nose and give your right arm to do it, lol
So, Elysium stays an 8 people only world, they want to charge me about 10
dollars per person. I'm on a fixed income and can't afford to upgrade it to hold
more people and I haven't figured out a way of charging people to get in, lol,
so it's not about having the people there that's for sure, for me, it is being
able to express myself and build in ways I could never build on an AW owned
world. But I don't allow tourists in Elysium either, maybe if AW gave me some
credit for recruiting people that just came in and liked it so much to buy a cit
and get a world then I might consider letting tourists in, but at this point
they don't pay for anything I do and just end up taking up space in my world
where a paying cit should be able to get in, that's the way I feel about it. I
must get up to 20 tourists a day that try to get into Elysium and can't, but if
I could upgrade my world for let's say $2 per person instead of $10 I might be
able to do it or give us world owners an opportunity to have tourists get
citizenships and use us as a reference and credit us with some AW money let's
say, to upgrade my world with, lol I think that sounds fair, but I'm not going
to help get tourists to join when AW does nothing for me. In a years time I
could probably double the amount of people they have in AW now, but there just
is no incentive for me to do it. They aren't giving world owners the credit they
deserve for getting people to give up their 20 bucks a year and become a cit, AW
doesn't do it, we the cits do it and I try to ignore tourists as much as
possible because they have no monitary value to me like it does for AW, that's
the problem in a nut shell. If AW gave me $1 for every tourist I signed up to
get a cit I would have a world that would hold more people and AW would be $19
dollars richer for each one I signed up. But the way it is now, it's not worth
my time and effort helping tourists at all. Like I said, I basically ignore
them, lol Anyone else feel this way?

eep

Jul 26, 2001, 6:44am
<chuckle> This from a twit who can't even spell/type correctly. Drive through, lamer.

[View Quote] > epp for fuk sakes do us all a favour and stop with the insults on the NG. it
> doesnt make anyone think ull cool or shit,justs makes everyone relise how
> immature someone ur age can be! so if u dont have something which doesnt
> insult everyperson who ever used the NG to say,then just sit down and shut
> up!
>
> SWE [ no hard feelings :) ]

you don't like "Scream"? *chocked* *screams* ;-))
Hmmm... Ppl are quite different, cuzz I rather like realistic worlds...

eep

Jul 26, 2001, 6:47am
<shrug> Not my fault some people are weak. :) Ever heard the expression "laughter is the best medicine"? Think about it: if you need to make jokes about things a lot you might be sick in the head a bit (humor has been known to alleviate pain)...

[View Quote] > Eep, not all of us are as.. Grounded as you. Most of us have a sense of humor even under the most serious circumstances.
[View Quote]

icey

Jul 26, 2001, 2:47pm
LOL:) this is a good one

[View Quote] > <chuckle> This from a twit who can't even spell/type correctly. Drive through, lamer.

[View Quote]

icey

Jul 26, 2001, 2:48pm
....all the pains?:) heh

[View Quote] > <shrug> Not my fault some people are weak. :) Ever heard the expression "laughter is the best medicine"? Think about it: if you need to make jokes about things a lot you might be sick in the head a bit (humor has been known to alleviate pain)...

[View Quote]

1  2  3  |