aworld1 file (Community)

aworld1 file // Community

1  |

rypp

Jul 24, 2001, 10:28am
Long time ago i downloaded a file named aworld1.exe from the Outerworlds
Dungeon world. This file made me start the Activeworlds browser twice on my
computer. Does anybody know if there is an upgraded version of the
aworld1.exe file somewhere out there? A file that works with AW 3.1?
Please let me know if you know where to download the file. :-)

rypp

gamer

Jul 24, 2001, 2:09pm
Simple to do, but as far as I know Illegal....so prolly not the best thing
to discuss in AW Monitored NewsGroups :o)

[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Jul 24, 2001, 2:30pm
[View Quote] I do have to state here that modification of the Activeworlds browser
software is a violation of your user agreement, and is actually illegal =)

Facter
AW Support

mike zimmer

Jul 24, 2001, 6:11pm
Well, would it be illegal if a program made duplicates of the AWorld.exe and
ini's to allow you to open more then one browser?

[View Quote]

agent1

Jul 24, 2001, 6:13pm
That's not what opens more than one browser. You have to hex-edit the file and change the "Window Class" of the browser. AW checks when it starts if there's another running and if it finds it's Window Class, then it won't run.

mike zimmer

Jul 24, 2001, 6:25pm
Yea! Good cause I didn't want to go searching my hard drive for all the
files and taking them out :-)

actually, if you start 2 browsers in a special way, you can get both
running... without any illegal editing, etc...

agent1

Jul 24, 2001, 7:14pm
Yes, I heard you could do that, but it would have to be done fairly fast I think.

if you start them up at the same time, and HAVEN'T got the PW saved and
press the logon button more or less at the same time, you're there...

KAH
PS. most ppl can do it...

[View Quote]

rypp

Jul 24, 2001, 8:12pm
Woah............ I had no idea it was illegal to use the aworld.exe file...
Why haven't AWCOM made a file like this? To open two browsers at the same
time is pretty useful for me becase i can see how the avatars i make/change
looks in realtime. Two browsers at the same time is useful in many ways
when it comes to testing out stuff you make or whatever. It is useful if you
need to be in two different universes at the same time as well. I really
miss this option and i sure hope AWCOM reconsider and make such a file in
the future.
How could i know it was illegal to use it?? Thanks for telling me...i
think!
Doh.........

rypp

"kah" <kah at kahbot.com> skrev i melding
news:3b5dea1c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> if you start them up at the same time, and HAVEN'T got the PW saved and
> press the logon button more or less at the same time, you're there...
>
> KAH
> PS. most ppl can do it...

[View Quote]

tony m

Jul 24, 2001, 10:02pm
just a nitpick:
[View Quote] >Woah............ I had no idea it was illegal to use the aworld.exe file...

it is not illegal to actually USE aworld.exe, or Rick and JP would
have to sue everybody including themselves. it's illegal to -edit- it;
its very much OK to use it =)
- Tony M.

mike zimmer

Jul 24, 2001, 10:26pm
You know, there is a program at come.to/concept that "clones" AW, it
duplicates the AW Browser and necessary files, AND it is VERY legal :-)

[View Quote]

agent1

Jul 24, 2001, 10:34pm
Uhh... it likely does the hex-editing and is therefore not legal...

mike zimmer

Jul 24, 2001, 11:54pm
No, it duplicates the AW Browser and needed files. It DOES NOT edit the
aworld.exe file AT ALL. It would just be like installing AW more then once

[View Quote]

agent1

Jul 25, 2001, 12:03am
That wouldn't let you run more than one copy of the browser at once.

mike zimmer

Jul 25, 2001, 1:26am
http://www.awteen.homestead.com/files/2AW.jpg

and the program I used to do it:
http://www.awteen.homestead.com/files/cloner.jpg

need I type more?

AW is coded to freakin not allow 2 browsers at the same time! if it isnt
edited its impossible! and if it only duplicated the stuff u need,u can
install AW twice and it would work the same!
SWE
[View Quote]

american police

Jul 25, 2001, 11:17am
He's using Concept's cloner program...
[View Quote]

agent1

Jul 25, 2001, 11:41am
Yes, he already told us that. The program has to edit the browser for it to be able to run to copies at once.

mike zimmer

Jul 25, 2001, 5:23pm
NO!
Get in your head little boy, it duplicates the necessary files for AW to
run, then puts its in a new folder called clone1, clone2, ect... That's it!
No editing the program at all!
[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 25, 2001, 5:24pm
Therefore, it is not running on the SAME files that my other AW browser is,
so I can open two at once.

[View Quote]

wing

Jul 25, 2001, 5:32pm
Unfortunately, do to the way AW is designed, it is IMPOSSIBLE to function without editing the application, simply because each
program uses the same Windows class and AW's code says that if the class is already in use, a browser instance CANNOT be opened. The
only possible way is to CHANGE the class on each copy.

that has nothing to do with it... the browser searches for another app
having the same title at startup, if that exists, it exits... if you have
installed browsers for more than 1 universe (downloaded it from the uni
website) you'll see that you can only be in 1 universe at a time, maybe you
should try to verify your facts first next time...

tony m

Jul 25, 2001, 6:32pm
see comments below...

[View Quote] >that has nothing to do with it... the browser searches for another app
>having the same title at startup

nope. it searches for its window class.
- Tony M.

agent1

Jul 25, 2001, 7:21pm
Alright, then why do you need to use that program? Copy your Activeworlds directory by hand and try running two copies... won't work.

well then how cme u cant get AW and OW or VS to work at the same time?

u mgiht not know it,but for sure it changes the code,might change it with
out u knowing,but it does,it has to,so stop saying it doesnt,it cant just
duplicate the files,wont work,never
[View Quote]

the derek

thatwas an edited program... therewas a later version that didnt only run
2 at once but was "cracked"
edit (you can only have TWO total though... havent figured that one out)
[View Quote]

the derek

also if you want to see your avatarchange just use a bot that can change
ITS avatar...
if you try to make a cracked browser...iveheard that its not hard if you
know how to use a hex editor... but im pretty inexpierenced with them.
tried changin stuff in oneof my simcity files... hehe screwed up a load
of crap so i ahvent bothered with them for a while.