Alphaworld (Community)

Alphaworld // Community

1  2  |

budweiser

Jun 3, 2001, 1:46pm
does anyone know if the gurus in aw plan on expanding alpha world?

wing

Jun 3, 2001, 2:15pm
Impossible. If you can't find free land, you're an idiot. 90% of Alpha is undeveloped.
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 3, 2001, 3:16pm
Hi Budweiser:)

I have heard that if AW Prime (Alphaworld) were laid out on paper it
would be the size of sounthern california. It's pretty darn huge!
Have you heard of the vevo map that Phillips made for in here?
It's pretty cool...plus it's a past Cy Recipient for The September 1998
round:)
The URL is http://www.vevo.com/ if you haven't seen it:)

builderz

Jun 3, 2001, 3:17pm
If you mean "expanding" as in expanding Alpha World's ground zero, I
doubt it. They haven't made any significant changes to it for quite some
time. If you mean "expanding" as in making more land available to build
on, then I doubt they will do that either. To the best of my knowledge,
Alpha World is the largest single world in the Active Worlds universe.
There is ample land there that people can build on. You just need to
know where to look.

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

[View Quote]

s p a r k

Jun 3, 2001, 3:48pm
http://www.vevo.com
And if can't fine any free land there, your are blind, hell, there's so much
land there and I have a huge chunk of it *smirk*
~S p a r K
BzzzT!

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jun 3, 2001, 3:57pm
Bring on Inactiveworlds 4!!!, whoohoo!!!!

Free streaming porn in this one for all your kiddies, LMAO

[View Quote]

daphne

Jun 3, 2001, 4:16pm
*yawn*, marcus

[View Quote]

agent1

Jun 3, 2001, 4:28pm
Unless they use a bigger data storage unit in their uniserver and clients, they can't.

wing

Jun 3, 2001, 4:34pm
Yet another filter. Goddamn.
[View Quote]

moff piett

Jun 3, 2001, 4:34pm
Nope, no plan to expand it. Still tons of room in that tired old
cartoonish lap filled world.

But you may look forward to a new build world in the future. Perhaps one so
new and large as to replace AW as the main build world with a totaly new
object path.

tony m

Jun 3, 2001, 5:25pm
filtered. next?

[View Quote]

eep

Jun 3, 2001, 8:05pm
Not Southern California but ALL of California.

[View Quote] > I have heard that if AW Prime (Alphaworld) were laid out on paper it
> would be the size of sounthern california. It's pretty darn huge!
> Have you heard of the vevo map that Phillips made for in here?
> It's pretty cool...plus it's a past Cy Recipient for The September 1998
> round:)
> The URL is http://www.vevo.com/ if you haven't seen it:)

eep

Jun 3, 2001, 8:07pm
Eh, Shamus' (and AWCI et al) has/have been feeding that line to us for years...

[View Quote] > Nope, no plan to expand it. Still tons of room in that tired old
> cartoonish lap filled world.
>
> But you may look forward to a new build world in the future. Perhaps one so
> new and large as to replace AW as the main build world with a totaly new
> object path.

wing

Jun 3, 2001, 8:21pm
Plus some of Nevada. Actually, if AW's meters were more like real meters we would have the same usable landmass, but with doors 5
meters wide...

[View Quote]

moff piett

Jun 3, 2001, 8:56pm
They've made quite a lot of tangible progress on it. Object path is
finished, everything is ready to go. All the people at awcom involved with
it are just waiting for the highest ups to get their heads out of their
asses and give them the ok to open it.

eep

Jun 3, 2001, 10:58pm
What's the object path? I'd like proof...

[View Quote] > They've made quite a lot of tangible progress on it. Object path is
> finished, everything is ready to go. All the people at awcom involved with
> it are just waiting for the highest ups to get their heads out of their
> asses and give them the ok to open it.

moff piett

Jun 4, 2001, 12:27am
don't worry, the objects are there and very nice (for a public build world
set). It's just a matter of "red tape" now. They had an elaborate bot
system idea a few months ago but that fell through due to roland's time
constraints and technical problems I think. Since then they had it on hold,
I think they want to do something more interesting than just a gz and free
space. Although of course there will be free space. Something about lots
getting larger the farther away from gz, and more support for towns and
such (ie a functional highway system). Although what will become of the
final world we can only guess.

eep

Jun 4, 2001, 12:46am
Ah, yes, no proof, no pudding. Reminds me of Jetta Lewis' vapourware program (which ended up being just yet another empty AW universe server). I'll believe it when I see it...

[View Quote] > don't worry, the objects are there and very nice (for a public build world
> set). It's just a matter of "red tape" now. They had an elaborate bot
> system idea a few months ago but that fell through due to roland's time
> constraints and technical problems I think. Since then they had it on hold,
> I think they want to do something more interesting than just a gz and free
> space. Although of course there will be free space. Something about lots
> getting larger the farther away from gz, and more support for towns and
> such (ie a functional highway system). Although what will become of the
> final world we can only guess.

moff piett

Jun 4, 2001, 12:58am
I had some very nice pudding on this topic.

just in

Jun 4, 2001, 3:52am
I heard similar stories for *informed* sources

regards, Justin

[View Quote]

gamer

Jun 4, 2001, 4:34am
Moff is right Eep...if its proof you want...this is the best I can do. A cit
named Catbert was working for AWCOM last summer. He's 16 and get the job
becuase he's E N Z O's cousin.

Well I met him when he first started and we became good firends. At serveral
points through the days I spent with him he mentioned AWCOM's plans for a
new world when 3.1 comes out. A new massive build world with new obs and 3.1
avatars (but that that time we though it would be AW4 not 3.1)

Then just nearing the end of last year...I was in contact with Gand for a
few week's when I was planning to have him make me ssome objects (when I was
too damned crap to make em myself) and when we were chatting he said that
his main project at that times was creating a whole new object path for
Active Worlds, using an adavanced 3D engine that would allow objects to
glow...as stanard...without any commands...and ypu can specify which parts
of the objects glow.
Also with VRML intergration it would allow movement (although VRML was
dropped before the release of 3.1 so that ones out the window).

Thats all he told me...I asking him more but he was quite secretive...At
that time 3.1 wasent out so I didnt know lighting would become a day to day
command...

However we 'still' have yet to see some descent 3.1 enhanced avatars using
the supposedly supported skin system...

Did you enjoy your pudding Eep? :o)

-Gamer

new rendering engine??? never, ever! but it's truly just one of those
special RWX commands (the ones with #! in front of them)...

eep

Jun 4, 2001, 11:07am
<yawn> Wow, this bullshit almost has as much flavor as Jetta's spiel. VRML was dropped YEARS ago, in case you're new to AW (which you obviously seem to be). There is no new "advanced 3D engine" (and, no, RW 3.1 doesn't count). Objects already CAN "glow" through the use of the prelight command.

If this world exists, simply tell me the object path and I'll check (and verify) it out for myself. Otherwise shut up.

[View Quote] > Moff is right Eep...if its proof you want...this is the best I can do. A cit
> named Catbert was working for AWCOM last summer. He's 16 and get the job
> becuase he's E N Z O's cousin.
>
> Well I met him when he first started and we became good firends. At serveral
> points through the days I spent with him he mentioned AWCOM's plans for a
> new world when 3.1 comes out. A new massive build world with new obs and 3.1
> avatars (but that that time we though it would be AW4 not 3.1)
>
> Then just nearing the end of last year...I was in contact with Gand for a
> few week's when I was planning to have him make me ssome objects (when I was
> too damned crap to make em myself) and when we were chatting he said that
> his main project at that times was creating a whole new object path for
> Active Worlds, using an adavanced 3D engine that would allow objects to
> glow...as stanard...without any commands...and ypu can specify which parts
> of the objects glow.
> Also with VRML intergration it would allow movement (although VRML was
> dropped before the release of 3.1 so that ones out the window).
>
> Thats all he told me...I asking him more but he was quite secretive...At
> that time 3.1 wasent out so I didnt know lighting would become a day to day
> command...
>
> However we 'still' have yet to see some descent 3.1 enhanced avatars using
> the supposedly supported skin system...
>
> Did you enjoy your pudding Eep? :o)

jfk2

Jun 4, 2001, 12:16pm
For those of you who can't find any land in Alpha World...
Start building at Summer Estates or SummerVille. I'm sure OneSummer
be happy to demolish that build and allow you to build your place...
OR start building in Justin Place...
He [Just In] won't mind either.
In his case i just happen to have BOT COPIED THE ENTIRE THING TOO...
As recent as 2 days ago. [[[I think i just opened my mouth a little wide
here as well when it comes to BOT COPY THINGS]]]
And then i'm sure you will find all the land you will ever need or want.

s p a r k <crazyglue3 at hotmail.com> wrote in
<3b1a7889 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>http://www.vevo.com
>And if can't fine any free land there, your are blind, hell, there's so
>much land there and I have a huge chunk of it *smirk*
>~S p a r K
>BzzzT!

jeiden

Jun 4, 2001, 12:59pm
You do know that unless you were the one who build the stuff, that Just In
can sue your ass.
[View Quote]

gamer

Jun 4, 2001, 1:06pm
New? ROFL...Yeah ok...maybe I don't know as much as I'd like about the
technicalities of AW. But I'm definatly not new...Ive been kicking around in
AW on various cits since early 1998...and before you say..I know you've been
around longer...

And don't tell me to shut up...until this forum is renamed to 'Eep's BS'
I'll exercise my right to to intergect into subject I want if I think I have
relavent information to add...

Oh and when I mentioned about the advanced engine with glowing objects, I'm
quite aware that you can predefine where an object or part of an object
glows and its properties...its obvious you can't read becuase as I mentioned
at that time I'd never even heard of glowing objects and lighting etc...The
ligthing commands were kept pretty secretive...well I had'nt heard of them
and I had been keep up to date on the 3.1 progress. So the mention of it by
Gand was the first I'd heard of it...

I'm not going to get into an arguement with you...becuase I know I can't win
with you...you relentlessly argue your point until the other person gives
up...hell, from what I've seen you practically enjoy it...so I won't give
you the satisfaction...

Hey Epp! (deliberate typo)

Smile!

-Gamer

jfk2

Jun 4, 2001, 1:24pm
Yes... I do know that Just In could sue my ass...
But lets see just what he would get from my ass...
The State Attorney General for New York has been filing papers on me for
years for not paying my hospital bill... And every summer since 1995 they
have been sending me the Summons To Appear In State Court to answer
the charge of not payment to my hospital bill... I simply toss that CR*P
into the trash can and never bother to attend. And then i have a few
dozen bill collectors that have summoned me to court... I do likewise...
Toss their summones into the trash heap. By now 06/04/2001 i could
really wallpaper every inch of where i live and then some...
BUT Just In would want to get some money from me...
OK... This is what Just In would get from me...
The courts can't even get it from me... So i suppose Just In would have
a little better luck...
In NEW YORK STATE at least this happens....
My income is less than 15,000 per year... And my income is SSD
To someone NOT in the USA that means Social Security Dissability Income.
So now this is what Just In would get in a court of law...
And most likely i wouldn't bother to attend it... $0.00
WHY... Any income that you get from Welfare, Workmans Comp, SSD, SSI,
Social Security up to $15,000 per year can not be touched [pay creditors or
being SUED]
SO Just In would pay big money... And in Australia that is about DOUBLE
what us USA people pay for a lawyer... ONLY to end up with $0.00
Is not exactly what i would call very smart. What would be smarter thing
would be for me to send Just In ohhhhh..... $2.00 USA = about $1.00 Australian
money and he could bet the horses or the kangaroos or something... And if
it comes out the winner... Keep the cash.

jeiden <tgrenier1 at mediaone.net> wrote in
<3b1ba25f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>You do know that unless you were the one who build the stuff, that Just
>In can sue your ass.
[View Quote]

jeiden

Jun 4, 2001, 1:32pm
He your lucky that they are really putting an effort into it or your ass
would be in jail instead of sitting around all day being a broke imbecile.

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 4, 2001, 1:49pm
Ohhh.... I forgot to mention here... Everytime i get these notices...
I've called up the lawyers that want to put me on BANKRUPCY...
And i ask them... And in the USA you can get a FREE 1st consoltation...
Well... That is what all of them have told me right along...
My income is too low for the state or the creditors or anyone [included
people sueing my butt] to collect anything.
SO yes... I'll be nice and very kind and give Just In some $$ and he can
wager it or invest it in Stocks or something... If he makes a killing...
HE gets to keep the cash. The most i could possibly help him out with is
about $10.00 = about $5.00 Australian money.

jeiden <tgrenier1 at mediaone.net> wrote in <3b1ba9fa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>He your lucky that they are really putting an effort into it or your ass
>would be in jail instead of sitting around all day being a broke imbecile.

[View Quote]

jeiden

Jun 4, 2001, 1:54pm
Hey that lawyer must have been on crack cause if you can't pay you goto
jail. Its that simple.