Eep....and his f*cking mouth (Community)

Eep....and his f*cking mouth // Community

1  2  3  |

builderz

Jun 1, 2001, 10:35pm
Maybe I should have been more clear. When I typed "here" in my prior
message, I was referring to the United States of America and its First
Amendment. However, I realize that there are many users in these
newsgroups that are not located in the USA. On the other hand, many
other countries do have freedom of speech. But my point still remains:
we basically CAN say/post whatever we want to "here" (in this newsgroup)
since no one actually enforces the charter. Heck, I remember when people
posted warez serial numbers in this group a while back. I can only
imagine what a potential investor would be saying about AWCI if they
actually took the time to read a few months worth of posts here...

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 1, 2001, 10:42pm
Those Usenet netiquette links would be of more use if users of the
newsgroup would abide with the charter. But again, since no one actively
moderates this newsgroup (and as we have seen in other people's posts),
people that do not possess proper Usenet newgroup netiquette DO and HAVE
posted here. In essence, since no one enforces the charter, not everyone
thinks they should abide to it (hence the cursing and other "rude"
postings contained in the NG).

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

[View Quote]

friendpa

Jun 1, 2001, 11:06pm
I do have to say something POSITIVE about Eep. When I was a newbie, I used to
stand and watch Eep build in Saxon...I felt he was very creative and built very
realistically. I love realistic builds. He was very patient with me allowing
me to hang around and ask somewhat stupid questions at times. I have to credit
him this much.......he was very patient with me explaining to me how to "dump my
cache" and only hauled off on me after I asked him the third time!!! LOL
*uncontrollably holding back a "smilie"

FriendPA

[View Quote] > eep probly bloacked my posts too so i dont think he even got this whole
> message...oh well i dont really care about him anymore
[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 1, 2001, 11:45pm
I'll answer on here that i don't cuss & swear at the newbies. I was one
myself. I'm more apt to cuss & swear to someone that is a CIT faster
because they should have brains BUT DON"T ACT LIKE IT or they want to wage
war... AND that is where i get info before i strike... or i simply ignore
some not so new old timers that allow the ngs to go to their heads...
Since i've had the pleasure of NGS for many yrs... I can control the
stupidness of some of the people that post in here almost daily to those
that post in here when their temper gets a little heated. It simply
goes in one eyeball & right out the other as they rant & rave & threaten
PK's and everything else... THEY [NOT NAMEING NAMES] are the real
dummies & not some newbei who dosen't really know what is happening yet...

brandon <bandit_9111 at bigfoot.com> wrote in
<3b17e142$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>"Fuck off. If you want to "have fun" go to another newsgroup and shit in it.
>Leave AW's alone or face my wrath, newbie. And don't bother replying since
>you're now filtered."
>
>Im very Pissed becuase its sad that his life has turned into swearing and
>insulting everyone he thinks to be "newbies" even though thats just what he
>may call them. AW isnt a place for his mouth ether. Posting a funny joke or
>something like that doesnt hurt anyone but cussing at them is not right at
>all. Its not like hes the "master" of AW's newgroup ether so im not afraid
>of his "wrath". I just think someone like that should get off their drugs or
>whatver they are taking becuase they are meesaed up in the head, seems like
>the only logical explaination.

jfk2

Jun 1, 2001, 11:50pm
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!! If i think that means what i think it does... YIPPIE!!!
I have been cleared of any wrong doing even when i might have said a word
or two about one of the posters here... YIPPIE!!!!!!!

builderz <sawran at yahoo.com> wrote in <3B17F310.DFAB5E49 at yahoo.com>:

>If you think his language is bad now, you should have seen him years
>ago. If you don't like what he has to say, I suggest you filter him in
>your newsreader. Everyone here is entitled to their freedom of speech,
>which includes the right to curse or not to curse. Some don't mind it,
>other do. Some don't agree with what Eep has to say, others do. What Eep
>says may or may not go against the community charter, but since AWCI
>hasn't appointed an "official" moderator to enforce the charter (Facter
>reads this newsgroup, but his official job description does not include
>moderator), in my opinion, swearing in these newsgroups is fair game.
>
>Builderz
>Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
>http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
>PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

eep

Jun 2, 2001, 4:07am
<chuckle> If you don't want "my mouth" in AW's newsgroups don't go quoting my EMAILS to you, dorkwad.

[View Quote] > "Fuck off. If you want to "have fun" go to another newsgroup and shit in it.
> Leave AW's alone or face my wrath, newbie. And don't bother replying since
> you're now filtered."
>
> Im very Pissed becuase its sad that his life has turned into swearing and
> insulting everyone he thinks to be "newbies" even though thats just what he
> may call them. AW isnt a place for his mouth ether. Posting a funny joke or
> something like that doesnt hurt anyone but cussing at them is not right at
> all. Its not like hes the "master" of AW's newgroup ether so im not afraid
> of his "wrath". I just think someone like that should get off their drugs or
> whatver they are taking becuase they are meesaed up in the head, seems like
> the only logical explaination.

eep

Jun 2, 2001, 4:09am
I take plenty from a lot of putzes in the newsgroups (AW's and Usenet's), sport.

[View Quote] > Is it really all we can ask for? If eep is going to dish out some heat, he
> might as well take some too.

[View Quote]

eep

Jun 2, 2001, 4:10am
I won a Cy for that? I was never notified I won...

[View Quote] > I think Eep's Cy Award awarded in June 99.... I believe,can help explain
> Nornny and anyone else's defense for Eep:);
> Write in category
> Citizen we can't live with but can't live without

s p a r k

Jun 2, 2001, 4:29am
Did Eep ever reply to this? If not, what was the reason for it? You deserved
to be ignored Brandon, but I like reading senseless posts
[View Quote]

s p a r k

Jun 2, 2001, 4:34am
Oppses, I spoke to soon, Sorry Eep :)

[View Quote]

beardo

Jun 2, 2001, 5:50am
Well spoken!

Beardo

[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 10:55am
We were referring to language and politeness, btw his website has got a
lot of broken links he should go check
as far as it concerns building there are over 900 worlds online today
and I saw some very impressive works made by not so popular persons for
this NG 'course.
icey

[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 11:18am
True..until one has proof to the contrary, btw I think it's better to
know and then decide what to do than ignore and do whatever...you never
know, you know?:)
icey

[View Quote]

nornny

Jun 2, 2001, 11:33am
All the links seem to be in place for me, at least the important ones to his
tuturials and philosophies. If you mean links to outside sites, probably, I
didn't check those.

I guess evryone who is new here is so hardpressed on a person's personality
that they forget that you can always ignore the personality, but you can't
ignore the accomplishments. Eep never starts up something unless it's
justified, and everyone ELSE usually goes into a tithy and cause larger
flame wars then we could ever need. Just take his brash advice and never
talk to him again if you must. It's very hippocritical to say that he bashes
people too much, when this whole thread is devoted to getting him bashed.

Eep without his upfrontness wouldn't be Eep. VERY bad without Eep. I mean,
without Eep, nimwits rose in this newsgroup almost 50%. 1 out of 4 of you,
I'm predicting, joined AFTER the Facter/Eep war, and have no understanding
of what went on there.

While YOU complain about Eep, he's constantly knocking on AWCOM's door to
provide new and improved features and not stupid fun stuff like move and
rotate. I mean, none of us has a resume compared to Eep, and none of us has
the right to kick one of the most important members of the community out of
here, unless you think you're just as good as he is. He's hindered and
angered by incompetence, nothing more. We're not here to be nice-nice and
exchange birthday posts. Eep's kind of hardened us to hte reality that this
newsgroup can do something, if we're as upfront as he is. I was quite
disappointed he stayed so quiet and let so many newbies get by so easily so
now they think they can post anything stupid because the charter or some
rule allows it.

I've been an avid Eep supporter. You deserve whatever Eep throws at you half
the time because you replied to him, knowing what he'll do. If you haven't
figured it out, he doesn't HIDE any of his annoyances.

Nornny

PS. This has GOT to be the 10th or 20th debate post this week that has been
debated 10 times over in the past. Does anyone research anymore?

[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 11:44am
Prolly...

[View Quote]

wing

Jun 2, 2001, 12:14pm
Bleh, if he can't stand AW's groups cuz of you, I doubt he'd survive Usenet except for pokemon groups, which is probably where he
belongs.
[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 12:20pm
Yes and I will hardly see you in a professional usenet group either that
'adult pokemon's':)

[View Quote]

eep

Jun 2, 2001, 12:58pm
[View Quote] > btw his website has got a lot of broken links he should go check

It does? Show me...

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 1:00pm
Yes sure ..it's a pity there are some..give me a few time i will surf
again and point out some for you
icey

[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 1:39pm
http://www3.adnc.com/~brit/
http://gel.urstudios.com/
http://www.earthlink.net/error/404.html
http://a3d.com/
http://www.3dfx.com/developers/sdk.html
http://webhome.idirect.com/~jymbob/renderware/
http://worldoss.com/
http://www.zdnet.com/techlife/
here are some ...

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 2, 2001, 2:21pm
Please see my comments below:

[View Quote] This used to be Ron Britvich's website (the original lead programmer of
Active Worlds). Eep probably still offers a link to it in case Mr.
Britvich ever decides to come back to it and update it.

> http://gel.urstudios.com/

Mr. Britvich used to be affiliated with this. Their website has moved to
http://www.mutationlabs.com/gel/.

> http://www.earthlink.net/error/404.html

Definitely should be removed.

> http://a3d.com/

Didn't they get acquired by Creative Labs and/or go bankrupt?

> http://www.3dfx.com/developers/sdk.html

3dfx has also been blown out of the water.

> http://webhome.idirect.com/~jymbob/renderware/

Remove this one.

> http://worldoss.com/

This one as well should be removed.

> http://www.zdnet.com/techlife/

This ZDNet link works for me.

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 2:51pm
This ZDNet link works for me, yes it works but leads to a homepage that
hasn't anything to do with what was linked for, on a website broken
links should be always avoided if you think some may be updated later
you just replace it when it is. Anyway...I just had a quick look at,
there are others and I do not have the time to surf longer actually
Have a good day
icey

[View Quote]

wing

Jun 2, 2001, 3:00pm
Huh? alt.comp.hardware.overclocking and it's subgroups are some pretty common places to find me, asking and answering questions
about these wonderboxes and how to make them worth what you paid. Of course I use my real name there, hiding behind a screenname
isn't neccessary there.
[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 3:01pm
Of 'course there you curse and curse and curse and curse ..touche:)

[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 3:31pm
btw I think I have found interesting oldies about this surfing the
net...
http://www.mutationlabs.com/gel/gelteam.html
http://www.online-magazine.com/britvich2.htm
http://www.ccon.org/conf98/report/rolandreport.html
http://www.multimania.com/nmf/cof/events/meeting.html

[View Quote]

wing

Jun 2, 2001, 3:39pm
Forgive me, but what the HELL are you talking about? Language barriers suck.
[View Quote]

icey

Jun 2, 2001, 3:45pm
I am not sure what you are talking about..anyway I have better to do
now:)

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 2, 2001, 4:02pm
You want to know a little secret...
BUT you just described someone I know and everyone knows in this NGS
from time to time...
NOW i'm NOT going to name any names here...
BUT if anyone who has seen me and several umpteen posts back...
And for a NGS it seems like the dark ages...
You will know who i'm thinking about.
AND i have excellent reason to think that.

moria <moria at colony.co.uk> wrote in <3b181608 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>sorry Alpha, theres no explanation thats good enough..
>
>Just because the guy can earn an award does NOT give him justification
>to be abusive, racist, be intollerant and verbally terrorise people.
>
>The charter should not even need to be enforced as it is basically
>common courtesy and decency. The fact its not enforced does not give
>someone the right to abuse it, only those who don't care about anyone
>but themselves would even think that. I know many groups where a
>charter is not enforced, but because people respect others, theres no
>need to enforce it, in fact a charter shouldn't even be necessary.
>
>Hitler did a stunning job of lifting Germany out of a depression and won
>awards, like the granting of the Olympics, in many respects he was a
>brilliant man, then his true colours showed those that showed him as
>racist, abusive and started terrorising, being totally intollerant of
>anyone who didn't agree with him, and attacking anyone who did not fit
>into his own ethos... sound familiar?
>
>I seem to remember that he wasn't allowed to get away with it
>
>Although he had many supporters (which someone like that relies on, as
>ultimately they are a bully and need others to support them), common
>decency won out in the end. All the support does is prolong it, and
>tends to come from the younger people who can be influenced by what
>seems to be something new and radical, when in fact its just plain
>stupid and unfortunately those that tag along and try to emulate rarely
>see what others think of them until its too late, and then when suddenly
>they need help, people remember.
>
>Moria

jfk2

Jun 2, 2001, 4:26pm
though he may not be the politest
person in the world, in my opinion, he has done numerous things for the
community. = That describes this other person to a letter "T" as well...
YES... I have heard by many this person is also BRILLIANT in object creation
as well. But polite... HA... He wouldn't know what that word means.
Especially when it comes to HUMANS... Polite as far as one object fitting
correct where it's supposed to be he knows all to well.
BUT i am NOT going to give names... And when that person reads this...
They will know who i mean & ALL without giving out any names.
But yes... In some ways... I will back that person. I will support that
person as a world owner by far. At least he dosen't use TOURIST TRAP BOTS
to boot out all the tourists in his world. True... He [and some of the
other world owners] may at times decide to BOOT certain people out...
I would still vote for him as a better world owner than someone else i know...
[NO... I don't care for Tourist Trap Bots Either]
And yes... I have actually seen him comment that he wished a certain
place did not exist so he could win a CY which to me is the wrong way to
take it. I would prefer to do the best & if by chance you get it...
Then it's a super huge happy reward. But if you do so just to get a CY
and get turned down... Then you might be just plain bitter about the whole
thing. Great people are those that strive for excellence in a community &
if they are lucky enough will get an award. They don't go
and do something in hopes of getting that award & if turned down... Go
off on a binge... If you have the correct attitude you will most certainly
win & if noit you will lose.
BUT yes... This person in many ways i will defend BUT he only posts here
once & awhile... BUT when he posts again... I'm sure most of you will
recognize who i've been YAPPING about.
NO... It is NOT CHUCKS PARTY...
It is someone else...

builderz <sawran at yahoo.com> wrote in <3B183290.232352ED at yahoo.com>:

>I was "defending" Eep because even though he may not be the politest
>person in the world, in my opinion, he has done numerous things for the
>community. Take one look at his website (located at
>http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/). His history page, RWX scripting page, and
>improvements page alone are excellent and contain vast amounts of
>valuable information. What other citizen (besides possibly Mauz and/or
>Dataman) has created an Active Worlds related website as extensive as
>this? You have to give Eep credit for this. Although I suggest he takes
>an anger management course, you can't deny what he has brought to the AW
>community (both good and bad).
>
>Eep is also never afraid to confront the staff of AWCI and tell them
>their faults and/or offer suggestions. He also tries not to let Active
>Worlds become too "stagnant" (as he likes to call it) and pushes for
>change/reform. Additionally, he has enough guts to inform other posters
>here that lack common sense their faults. And for some strange reason,
>whenever Eep gets himself involved, the "trouble poster" usually
>goes away or learns from the experience. If you don't believe me, read
>some posts made by Eep over the past years in these newsgroups. He and
>Mauz have also created the great worlds of Cubed and Hole and they are
>two very intriguing worlds. I would gladly host both of them free of
>charge at any time. Eep has been around the community since 1997 (if I
>recall correctly) and knows what is going on here.
>
>I could continue with even more reasons why I respect Eep in the
>community, but I think you have read enough. By the way, who told you
>that I "don't like him?"
>
>Builderz
>Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
>http://www.stuffx.com/aw/
>PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

jfk2

Jun 2, 2001, 4:37pm
I'll volunteer to be the MODERATOR in here. I know just how to keep
everyone up to par in here.
1 - ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ACTED LIKE BABIES IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS GET BANED FOR
6 MONTHS...

Hmmmm..... geee..... It looks like i just shot out everyone including
myself... hmmmmm Geee.... I never had that before....
Well..... At least i cleaned up the AW's Newsgroups