Quite Place (Off-Topic Post) (Community)

Quite Place (Off-Topic Post) // Community

1  |

m a k a v e l i

May 31, 2001, 1:55pm
This is off-topic by a mile, but I figured there may be at least one mature
person in here.

Question: What place (in r/l) can you go for "quite time" so you can think?

Restrictions: Every person who uses the bathroom as a place to go will be
blocked.

Again, sorry for the off-topic, I just need to think.

alphabit phalpha

May 31, 2001, 1:56pm
I like to climb a tree and think:)

gamer

May 31, 2001, 2:05pm
hmm...why not go and sit in the middle of a field full of corn? (at harvest
time) rofl...sorry couldnt resist :o)

btw. whats wrong with having a quiet time in the bathroom? Its a good place
to think about stuff, LMAO ;)

-Gamer

Well, since the bathroom's out... ;P

I prefer a nice clear winter night and wandering around in my 6 acre
yard. In the winter, you can cut the silence with a knife and it's
perfect for getting the philosophical juices flowing. :)

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Contributing to off-topicness, and proud of it!
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

leaf

May 31, 2001, 2:36pm
Well for "Quiet" time , yes not "quite" as you put it lol, I just sit next
to a stream in the park. Its very relaxing :)

Leaf
[View Quote]

azazael

May 31, 2001, 4:30pm
What sort of geography do you have round you?

For me hill tops do the trick, so long as it's of the beaten track. Deep
woodland is also a fair compromise

Regards
Az

[View Quote]

rough diamond

May 31, 2001, 4:50pm
Do you live in a city? I've found that smack dab in the middle of the road
suits me fine. It's a little loud at first, but quiets down quickly.
-RD
[View Quote]

kmissile583k

May 31, 2001, 7:50pm
Whereever mine is, its definately not in this newsgroup.

wing

May 31, 2001, 8:12pm
Curling up with that special someone and watching some crapassed FOX special (World's scariest police videos XXXV for example) is
always nice for quiet time. That is, until someone gets shot. If I want to be ALONE, kick on some shoes and drag myself out into the
wheat/corn/ragweed field next to my house and go lay out in the middle of a clear spot and watch the chemtrail planes or watch a
storm on the horizon (sometimes attempt lightning photographs) or stare up at the stars.

And what's wrong with the bathroom besides the fact that it smells like... Well... Shit in there?
[View Quote]

m a k a v e l i

May 31, 2001, 9:54pm
I live in Missouri (In the US for those who don't know).

Middle of the state, nothing but flatlands.

It sucks living in this place.

[View Quote]

wing

May 31, 2001, 11:02pm
Not as bad as Hereford, MD. Out here we have nothing but redneck farms and teenagers like myself.
[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 1, 2001, 12:41am
Well.... If you are in AW... I go to Beta world to think. It's so nice
and for the most part tottaly un-laggy as in many other worlds...
Nice place for me to think...
PROVIDED you say the HELL OUT OF GZ there...
Geesh.... The GZ there will be the death of most people...
TO ALL OF MY ENEMIES... PLEASE GO TO GZ OF BETA WORLD.....
AND LET THE GZ BLOW OUT YOUR MINDS... THAT WILL HELP ME A LITTLE.
But to all of my friends... Please STAY out of the gz of Beta World.

m a k a v e l i <tupacisdabest at aol.com> wrote in
<3b166954$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>This is off-topic by a mile, but I figured there may be at least one mature
>person in here.
>
>Question: What place (in r/l) can you go for "quite time" so you can think?
>
>Restrictions: Every person who uses the bathroom as a place to go will be
>blocked.
>
>Again, sorry for the off-topic, I just need to think.

jfk2

Jun 1, 2001, 12:45am
What is wrong with BED... That is a super good place to think...
AND PLAY A LITTLE LMAO
And with me..... Ahhhhhh...... Thinking about if i could
ever get one of my enemies in my bed.... Ahhhhhh......

gamer <Gamer at active-worlds.co.uk> wrote in <3b166bae at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>hmm...why not go and sit in the middle of a field full of corn? (at harvest
>time) rofl...sorry couldnt resist :o)
>
>btw. whats wrong with having a quiet time in the bathroom? Its a good place
>to think about stuff, LMAO ;)
>
>-Gamer

jfk2

Jun 1, 2001, 1:07am
Well... You can sit smack dab in the middle of I-690 EAST BOUND LANE
and near where i live... And then i'll hear the sirens come & go...
It'll quiet down alot though.... Just after that first big SMACK...
You won't hear a thing after that. Believe me... It'll be very quiet
after that. That i'm sure of.
Ohhh.... Try and do it about 5pm anytime Monday - Friday late afternoon...
That is the best time to relax.

If you can do that for me.... I should see that you are having a nice
quiet time smack dab in the east bound lanes from my apartment building at the
5th floor level...
So remember... EAST BOUND LANES about 5 pm on I-690 near GZ of
Syracuse, NY... about 1 mile from GZ of Syracuse [Near Crouse Ave &
Erie Blvd. East]
Heck.... I just thought about it a little... If someone was ever to stand
smack dab in the middle of I-690 at about 3am in the morning at the east
bound lanes... AND used a baseball & bat and aimed it correct...
WELL... It might bounce off the parking lot roof & then go flying into
my apartment 5th floor window. THEN it would miss my PC completely...
BARELY miss the tv... Miss the kitchen as well...
And then it gets a little scarry..... If it hits right... I get it in bed...
OTHERWISE i get it in the bathroom if i didn't close the door.
And since i live alone... I don't always close the door.
Hmmm.... so maybe the kitchen or sitting at my pc is safer than anything
else in here.

rough diamond <joshua_trask at capecod.com> wrote in
<3b169284 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Do you live in a city? I've found that smack dab in the middle of the road
>suits me fine. It's a little loud at first, but quiets down quickly.
>-RD

Go south. That's not flat. =P Now Kansas. It's ALL flat. ;)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

syntax

Jun 1, 2001, 2:59am
You ain't seen flat until you visited Saskatchewan, Canada. Boring!
--
Syntax
syntax at earthcorp.com
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

agent1

Jun 1, 2001, 10:20am
LOL :) At least Manitoba has the occasional flood scare ;)

Quite place? do you mean quiet place or have I missed something?
quiet place: your bed, under the covers

m a k a v e l i

Jun 2, 2001, 2:46am
I meant quiet, the stress gets to me sometimes.

[View Quote]

s p a r k

Jun 2, 2001, 3:13am
Sitting in a High tree, going to pass out from the city air...
I HATE the city (memphis) TO much violince, NOT enough wilderness...
Or nice people
.... I could go on... But Nah.

~S p a r K
The Lightning Electrition!
(Don't ask, just made it up)
<snip>

alphabit phalpha

Jun 2, 2001, 3:26am
Your in Memphis Spark?

[View Quote]

s p a r k

Jun 2, 2001, 4:32am
Yes :(
Why?

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 2, 2001, 4:48am
Cool!...Were in Nashville:)

[View Quote]

s p a r k

Jun 2, 2001, 6:08pm
lol ^_^

[View Quote]

m a k a v e l i

Jun 3, 2001, 12:16am
Thanks everyone for the places suggested, although none worked, because I
have none lol.

No wilderness, trees; I have nothing where I live.

Thanks for not flaming me for the off-topic post. (Specifically talking to
Eep)

syntax

Jun 3, 2001, 1:47am
Well, you did state that it was an off-topic post that pretty much avoided
any kind of flamage from Eep or anyone else. wtg :-)
By the sounds of it, you live in the desert. Did you try burying yourself
in sand? Wait, that doesn't help. Whenever I bury myself in sand, I get
itchy. O_O lol :-P
--
Syntax
syntax at swcity.net