Graphical glitches (Community)

Graphical glitches // Community

1  |

wing

May 21, 2001, 9:09am
This has been driving me nuts for some time, but I figure it's restricted to my equipment because of it's attributes. Every once in
awhile my entire 3d pane will blink from normal to white to normal again. There seems to be no pattern to it, happening anywhere and
at any time. My system specs:
Duron 700 at 1200 on KT133a chipset
256mb high performance RAM
SB Live Platinum 5.1
Hercules 3d Prophet II MX (GeForce II MX) PHYSICALLY MODIFIED to unlock the features of the Quadro 2 MXR.

WinME running Quadro 2 MXR Detonator 3 drivers. (Please note, I did NOT change chipsets on my video card, the Q2MXR uses the GF2MX
chip but has additional features unlocked)

Doesn't do this in other D3D programs, but they are fullscreen.

jfk2

May 21, 2001, 1:56pm
Guess what... I have the exact thing happen to me.
On my P2 366 mhz 128 megs ram, VooDoo 3 card [with latest drivers],
INTEL motherboard, 5 HD's 4 of them 7.5 gigs & 1 of them 2.1 gig &
15 in monitor, & 2 cd-roms [one a burner for all my MP3's & leached software]
AND i only have WIN98se[second edition] running a few servers...
Happens every once and awhile...
BEST SOLUTION... Turn off your browser... and turn it back on again.
That usually clears things up until you start to run out of your WINDOWS
resources again. You might want to pay closer attention to what might be
happening just prior to everything going white on you. In my case the names
over the avatars heads turn all white & if i refuse to do anything about
it then [YOU SEE Just In... I don't even listen to my software waring me to
turn it off & back on again... How do you possibly think i might listen
to some of your rants & raves...] eventually
it will turn the AW Browser all white. I've found that to happen every once
and awhile... But i'm the sort that will put my PC through it's paces until
i lock her up [YES... That means i lock myself DEAD COLD and have to sit
through a 5 drive scandisk startup] That may explain why when i go dead
and the worlds i host go too... It's usually more than a few seconds
before any of them are back on-line again.
HERE IS A HINT::: To see if I'm on-line to AW in some way... Check to see
if any one of these are in your browser... RPG, PETZCITY, ELYSIUM [that last
one is Chucks Party & I both own it]...

wing <bathgate at prodigy.net> wrote in
<3b08f76b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>This has been driving me nuts for some time, but I figure it's
>restricted to my equipment because of it's attributes. Every once in
>awhile my entire 3d pane will blink from normal to white to normal
>again. There seems to be no pattern to it, happening anywhere and at any
>time. My system specs: Duron 700 at 1200 on KT133a chipset
>256mb high performance RAM
>SB Live Platinum 5.1
>Hercules 3d Prophet II MX (GeForce II MX) PHYSICALLY MODIFIED to unlock
>the features of the Quadro 2 MXR.
>
>WinME running Quadro 2 MXR Detonator 3 drivers. (Please note, I did NOT
>change chipsets on my video card, the Q2MXR uses the GF2MX chip but has
>additional features unlocked)
>
>Doesn't do this in other D3D programs, but they are fullscreen.

wing

May 21, 2001, 2:25pm
[View Quote] Toooo much infoooooooooooooooooo. Dammit, I love bragging about my system and I even manage restraint on these issues.

> Happens every once and awhile...
> BEST SOLUTION... Turn off your browser... and turn it back on again.
> That usually clears things up until you start to run out of your WINDOWS
> resources again. You might want to pay closer attention to what might be
> happening just prior to everything going white on you. In my case the names
> over the avatars heads turn all white & if i refuse to do anything about
> it then

Sounds like you're running on empty, while on the other hand I'm running on full :) And mine goes away after a frame or two.

>[YOU SEE Just In... I don't even listen to my software waring me to
> turn it off & back on again... How do you possibly think i might listen
> to some of your rants & raves...] eventually
> it will turn the AW Browser all white.

Leave it!

> I've found that to happen every once
> and awhile... But i'm the sort that will put my PC through it's paces until
> i lock her up [YES... That means i lock myself DEAD COLD and have to sit
> through a 5 drive scandisk startup]

Press X to skip scandisk, it never does any good anyway. And if your PC comes to a dead stop on it's own, it means it has nowhere
near the hardware capacity you need, and some program of yours has a memory leak.

>That may explain why when i go dead
> and the worlds i host go too... It's usually more than a few seconds
> before any of them are back on-line again.
> HERE IS A HINT::: To see if I'm on-line to AW in some way... Check to see
> if any one of these are in your browser... RPG, PETZCITY, ELYSIUM [that last
> one is Chucks Party & I both own it]...

No wonder you're so messed up, your one of the cute little Petz kiddies. Blech, I knew I had tasted this level of immaturity before
and now I know it was my girlfriend before she got the idea to grow up. Blech. And no jfk, I will NOT have sex with you.

I think I'm on the verge of discovering that WinME is eating up my VRAM, I'm now getting a variety of Windows GUI glitches, icons
being substituted for other icons (.txt icon is Outlook icon right now) and when I pop in a Win98 boot drive and switch to the
correct drivers I have no problems whatsoever.

jfk2

May 21, 2001, 2:58pm
Can you say PRESTON BOT... Even the newset version of it i suspect have
the same problems as the PRESTON v31 had...
The newest version is PRESTON v33

And yes... while the scandisk to you might not do any good...
I found out once that it did fix some 3000 crosslinked files...
But that was when i had 4 instances of a ftp program running under
4 different names1,2,3,4.exe and i was pulling down from 4 different
ftp sites someones directory loaded to the moon of MP3 files... And i should
go cold dead right in the middle of that...AND to top that one off...
I was in the middle of my SoundBlaster Live Wave Editor [it edits
something.wav files] doing a really excellent hack job to the tune
sometimes_-_Britney Spears = My special HACK version is so perfect you
can't tell the crossovers to another musical piece i edited in there...
And it happens twice. From the vocal version into a WAVE enhanced MIDI version
and back again to the vocal version. and right in the middle of all of that...
And that scandisk really helped me out there.

wing <bathgate at prodigy.net> wrote in <3b094167 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

I'd be interested to know how you physically modified your 3d card. ;)

SW Chris