Active World's bait and switch operation (Community)

Active World's bait and switch operation // Community

1  2  |

foxmccloud

Apr 13, 2001, 8:40pm
I agree with you nornny :)
I guess marcus is just trying to find reasons to hassle AW :)

marcus... if they have stated in an email to you that you could have a 20$ discount when not wanting the extra citizenship, or
something... then show the email to the NG... if not, sorry but you're TOTALLY wrong. AW has no obligation to do what you think they
should do, when they didn't clearly state they would, neither in their site, nor in e-mail.

Fox Mc Cloud

"nornny" <Nornny at snet.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3ad6171c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Excuse me marcus for being so unprepared in my following statements, I
> haven't read thoroughly the posts in this thread.
>
> But you seem pretty anal over the fact that you're getting a citizenship or
> multiple cits for a world. :) I'm assuming that the cit is not part of what
> you're paying for, but rather just a "freebie" to entice more prospective
> world owners. That free cit can't be transferred as a renewal to your cit
> because for one, I doubt awcom has a way of doing that and if they did, it
> would take more time than just handing one out. And two, the cit isn't for
> you silly, it's for you to give to a friend, a tourist of your world, or for
> an account used for building if you have a building team. When you're
> getting multiple cits, you can prolly use it for all three reasons I
> explained up there. :))
>
> I guess the cit is just a kind gesture passed down in the AW social ladder.
> :)) But what you're paying for is the world, I don't believe any of the
> money you're using to pay is going for the citizenship(s) account. Just an
> extra. :))
>
> As for the bouncing from contact to contact thing, that's not what the cit
> is usually used for, unless you're using it as a secret identity. :)
> Usually, you put building privs, ps privs, and other world privs on that new
> cit and you log in with a priviledge password to use it. :)) That's what
> I've seen being done in other worlds.
>
> Nornny

facter

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0

Sure, heres the link to the website =3D)

http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/

F.

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3AD7600D.4FFAE045 at yahoo.com">news:3AD7600D.4FFAE045 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>what is with you and that card game? sheesh.. what is it anyway=20
<BR>ahhhhhhh this is driving me crazy tell me nowwww! <BR>hehehe =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sure, heres the link to the website =3D)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/">http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/</A></F=
ONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>F.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0--

m a r c u s

Apr 14, 2001, 4:43am
LOL, I am not hassling them.

They responded eventually to my emails, and gave me a reasonable answer for
how they do business.

Because it doesn't run in sync with my personal views doesn't mean it isn't
worth bringing up in here to discuss the matter. After all, they were the
ones who showed me how to post here. I have never used Outlook before, so I
didn't know how to even sign on to a newsgroup.

Yes I am being anal. If I want to use several programs and budget myself, I
need to know where my money is going to. 20 here, 20 there adds up
eventually. I am proposing ways to consolidate services and offer more from
Active Worlds side, thus reducing overall costs on the citizens, you and me,
and at the same time making more money from us because they are offering
things I don't need to get elsewhere.

Saying that I want to post a message here, and saying that I want to pay
$200 to Active Worlds for what I think is a fair price considering what I
asked for is in NO way hassling, haggling, maybe. If you don't like it,
move on. I don't have time to defend my words to everyone that misreads the
intent.

[View Quote]

flagg

Apr 17, 2001, 8:03pm
Hi everyone,

Free citizenships that come with a world have no value in regards to the
price of a world. It is assumed that most people that purchase a world are
already citizens.

The free citizens are intended for the new world owner to give to there
friends and family, though they can use them for whatever they like.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. Thanks for time and for
supporting Activeworlds.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

casay

Apr 18, 2001, 12:57am
Nice to see another employee in here :-)
Thanks Flagg!
Casay
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Apr 18, 2001, 4:12am
woohoo flagg! seems you and facter are the only ones who give a damn about what we have to say..

--
- JBell