Thread

Xelagot script to eject when ppl swear (Bots)

Xelagot script to eject when ppl swear // Bots

I need a Xelagot script that can eject ppl if the say certain words (a
little like the wordlist, but instead of playing a sound, it ejects the
person). This is to get rid of ppl swearing at GZ. If you sometime have sayd
"shit" on AWGate GZ, you know what I mean. Or if there is no script like
this, how do I make one?

KAH

anduin lothar

Nov 9, 2000, 8:02pm
Kah, first of all don't use a bot to eject people when saying a certain
swear word. The bot only picks up the swear words and not the content of
what is actually said...
For example if someone decides to say, God Damn, it's a Nice day today....
Shit, this world is nice! It would eject them, how rude!

Some country's don't have the same meaning for swear words, EG: DAMN in US
is a swear word which doesn't mean a thing in Australia. In Australia we use
DAMN all the time for anything, doesn't mean a thing.

It is different however if someone is cussing at a particular person and
putting them down by going off their heads and swearing at them and abusing
them. That's a different matter. But unfortunately bots have no way of doing
that what so ever... That would explain why world owners would rather have
actual citizens as staff to monitor chat than using bots like AWGate does
which is really bad.

Anyway think about it before using these type of bots.

Anduin Lothar

"kah" Wrote: --==>
> I need a Xelagot script that can eject ppl if the say certain words (a
> little like the wordlist, but instead of playing a sound, it ejects the
> person). This is to get rid of ppl swearing at GZ. If you sometime have
sayd
> "shit" on AWGate GZ, you know what I mean. Or if there is no script like
> this, how do I make one?
>
> KAH

xelag

Nov 9, 2000, 8:09pm
I agree 100% with Anduin Lothar: bots should not be allowed to take
decisions like this. If a human, after cosidering a case, decides a bot must
eject a certain person, that's ok with me, but the human decides, not the
bot :)

XelaG

[View Quote]

tony56

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C04A68.5BBC5FA0

I agree with Anduin Lothar, because I am a world co.-owner & I know that =
security comes first. But a basic bot can't determine the context of the =
swear word used, as posted by Lothar. Now an Artificial Intelligence bot =
might be able to, but it will need to be highly complex. I think you =
should just use a Xelagot or whatever to watch over (but not eject) your =
world.

--=20
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"
[View Quote] XelaG

[View Quote]

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C04A68.5BBC5FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D1>I agree with Anduin Lothar, =
because I am=20
a world co.-owner &amp; I know that security comes first. But a basic =
bot can't=20
determine the context of the swear word used, as posted by Lothar. Now =
an=20
Artificial Intelligence bot might be able to, but it will need to be =
highly=20
complex. I think you should just use a Xelagot or whatever to watch over =
(but=20
not eject) your world.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)<BR>"Freedom: That's What The=20
Government Wants You To=20
Believe!"<BR>____________________________________________________________=
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>xelag &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:xelag at 3dee.nl">xelag at 3dee.nl</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a0b20ac at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a0b20ac at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
agree 100% with Anduin Lothar: bots should not be allowed to =
take<BR>decisions=20
like this. If a human, after cosidering a case, decides a bot =
must<BR>eject a=20
certain person, that's ok with me, but the human decides, not =
the<BR>bot=20
:)<BR><BR>XelaG<BR><BR><BR>"anduin lothar" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:uswf at centercom.com.au">uswf at centercom.com.au</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a0b1eff at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a0b1eff at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
Kah, first of all don't use a bot to eject people when saying a=20
certain<BR>&gt; swear word. The bot only picks up the swear words and =
not the=20
content of<BR>&gt; what is actually said...<BR>&gt; For example if =
someone=20
decides to say, God Damn, it's a Nice day today....<BR>&gt; Shit, this =
world=20
is nice! It would eject them, how rude!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Some country's =
don't=20
have the same meaning for swear words, EG: DAMN in US<BR>&gt; is a =
swear word=20
which doesn't mean a thing in Australia. In Australia =
we<BR>use<BR>&gt; DAMN=20
all the time for anything, doesn't mean a thing.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; It is =

different however if someone is cussing at a particular person =
and<BR>&gt;=20
putting them down by going off their heads and swearing at them=20
and<BR>abusing<BR>&gt; them. That's a different matter. But =
unfortunately bots=20
have no way of<BR>doing<BR>&gt; that what so ever... That would =
explain why=20
world owners would rather have<BR>&gt; actual citizens as staff to =
monitor=20
chat than using bots like AWGate does<BR>&gt; which is really=20
bad.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Anyway think about it before using these type of=20
bots.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Anduin Lothar<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
"kah"=20
Wrote: --=3D=3D&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I need a Xelagot script that can =
eject ppl if the=20
say certain words (a<BR>&gt; &gt; little like the wordlist, but =
instead of=20
playing a sound, it ejects the<BR>&gt; &gt; person). This is to get =
rid of ppl=20
swearing at GZ. If you sometime have<BR>&gt; sayd<BR>&gt; &gt; "shit" =
on=20
AWGate GZ, you know what I mean. Or if there is no script like<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
this, how do I make one?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; KAH<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C04A68.5BBC5FA0--

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------FA9A2BEA532DC2B56CC6FA68

An idea for an intermediate solution :

make the bot log the names and the sentences that contain the words you
want to block, then look through them and add ppl. to the world eject
list if necessary.

Funny things can happen with dull eject bots :

A friend of mine owns a (german spoken) world, he has (had?) an eject
bot that did not even test for word limits - so words containing
eject-words made the bot eject someone.
The bot ejected his owner several times because of typos - the owner was
very confused but it was very funny for the other visitors :)

Ananas
--------------FA9A2BEA532DC2B56CC6FA68

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FA9A2BEA532DC2B56CC6FA68--

anduin lothar

Nov 10, 2000, 10:58am
Actually good idea... Get an Xelagot or any bot at all to log a specific
word. Not just one word but the acctual full sentence of what the person
said which included that swear word. So you can read the log and see for
yourself if it's just a usual swear word or he/she cussing at somsone else
and abusing them, and if thewre is actually someone else in the world.
When you have read the log you can see their name and maybe even citnumber
if a citizen... That way you can speak with them later on or ban them if
needed.. Be sure to let them know what they did wrong first of course.
Anyway you could get any bot to watch over the world, doesn't even have to
be suspiscious... IE: Get a BLIMP avatar and do advertisements like I'm
currently doing with my copies of Xelagot and making it do the blimp
movement and telling people to send over advertisements for the blimp. As
well as it logging everything everyone says (Besides whispers).

Anduin Lothar

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The USWF, There's No Better Place!
Contact: uswf at centercom.com.au
Web-Page: www.geocities.com/uswf_head
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[View Quote] --
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"

well, I'm thinking of trying to make a script that recognizes frases, not
just the word. Of course (even if I've caused myself trouble that way) i'll
test this on myself. if I get this to work allright, I'll give the script to
everybody that wants it (but don't await yourself that this is going to
happen in this century LOL). but when I think of it, just reviewing the
chat-log and then add ppl to the eject list afterwards is better than just
kicking them out instantly.