help: looking for a world... (Community)

help: looking for a world... // Community

1  |

dbrute

Mar 27, 2001, 6:48pm
i wanna build a nice little retreat for myself and a friend or two.
something zen, something romantic. any suggestions for a really special
world to do it on?

thx

--
art you!

d'brute
"Boogie when it's time to boogie; snooze when it's time to snooze."

http://www.vuduvalley.net/
Fax: 530-464-3013

gamer

Mar 28, 2001, 4:37am
Well the Gorean worlds are certainly a nice atmosphere for that osrta
thing...To bad the neighbors will prolbaly want to make you their sex slave
:|

Take a look around, if you find a nice world with a suiting atmosphere.
Contact the owner and ask if you can have a little land :o)

--
-Gamer

"youth is a wonderful thing...
....its a shame it was wasted on the younge."

[View Quote]

jfk2

Mar 28, 2001, 4:44am
If it's a retreat you want... I'll be the first to suggest you DO not want
either Broadway OR NewYork Worlds.
But you'll be surprised at what AWTeen can do OR even AW [Alpha World]
can do for you. There are many HUGE build areas on both worlds.
And you might even want to consider WildAW for your builds too.

BUT remember... If you go tooo far out in the wilderness & you don't have
a start object piece handy. BOTH AW [Alpha World] AND AWTeen will allow you
or one of your friends to drop a build bot in there to help you get started.
WildAW does not allow for bots in there. So like me... You push your
object piece from somewheres to where you want to start building.
It's a pain... But well.... That's what happens.

And if it's the push object to where you need it. Best to use some
wall, or sign5 object piece for that. You can see the thing even from
a good far distance 120 meters out. And much better than using
a walk, street, or any other flat object.

d'brute <dbrute at vuduvalley.net> wrote in <3ac0fc9f at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>i wanna build a nice little retreat for myself and a friend or two.
>something zen, something romantic. any suggestions for a really special
>world to do it on?
>
>thx
>
>--
>art you!
>
>d'brute
>"Boogie when it's time to boogie; snooze when it's time to snooze."
>
>http://www.vuduvalley.net/
>Fax: 530-464-3013

nornny

Mar 28, 2001, 9:55am
I always found !Friends to be a nice atmosphere. :) Island paradise if you
ask me. :)) It's privately owned however and building is allowed to only a
few people due to its size, but, tell Steller, the owner, of your situation
and if there's any land left, I'm sure she'll give you a plot of land to
build on. :))

Nornny

[View Quote]

black rose

Mar 28, 2001, 12:41pm
umm they planted several hundred seed objects in WildAW and you can use
those. They tourist on them and can easily be deleted after you're done with
them. They're scattered all over WildAW so I don't know where you were
dragging your object to but you had to have missed all of them.
[View Quote]

jfk2

Mar 28, 2001, 11:45pm
Gee... Then someday i'll be happy to sho you where there isn't any
seed objects. Usually I prefer the ends of the world. As in Beta World...
When I found that Beta world allows for both Tourist & Cit to build here
I went for it. It's only 5000km nswe big and yes... They had a seed object
placed at about 500n 500e all around the place... BUT the place i picked
didn't have a thing. 5000n 5000e = The Corner of the world... I had to drop
a bot in there and make a piece... The on top of that build the darn
perrimiter roads so you can tell what you can't build past before i even
started the build. There were no nothing out this far.
But because of the way Beta world was... I learn a heck of alot about
bots on that world real fast. Still have about 1 dozen test sites here
where i practiced being very naughty to my best friend [Had he known what
i was up to.... Geee.... I would have been strung up fast] But it all
paid off in the end really nice... So i could host his world...
[Extreamly Lucky Me... At least i didn't have to BOT copy the world...
I could use the propdump file instead]

PS... If you come into Beta World and see a perimiter road all the way
around the outer edge of this place... Well... I did the road so people
starting their build out in the boonies had something to start off with.

AND the same
held true on WildAW... WildAW is 1000km nswe And I was lucky to find a
peaceful place 1000s 600e = One side at the edge of the world...
And absolutely nothing to get started. The closest property was 1000s 75e
and so i created one big sign5 colored cyan to see it & pushed
it all the way in.

black rose <brose_42 at hotmail.com> wrote in <3ac1f812 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>umm they planted several hundred seed objects in WildAW and you can
>use those. They tourist on them and can easily be deleted after
>you're done with them. They're scattered all over WildAW so I don't
>know where you were dragging your object to but you had to
>have missed all of them.

kellee

Mar 29, 2001, 7:59pm
[View Quote] kellee

kellee

Mar 29, 2001, 7:59pm
[View Quote] kellee

wing

Mar 29, 2001, 10:37pm
If you're referring to the ANNOYING grid of tourist trees every 20m over a
large portion of the world, I took the liberty of deleting them all to make
way for some property of mine. Took out the WHOLE mess.