Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it (Community)

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it // Community

1  2  3  4  |

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 11:53pm
Primate me ^_^

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 11:58pm
Awww, as for what it was for? I told you: to see what you would do. I get a
good laugh at watching you get mad so easy. You win the award for least
self control. Your the one that should be "evolving" I say.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 24, 2001, 1:47am
i insanely agree with you.. i spent hours sorting my avatars.dat list.. if
there was something with a GUI you don't even know how much less time it
would have tooken..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 24, 2001, 1:47am
*applauds*

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

eep

Feb 24, 2001, 5:11am
Then they should have left the ones alone in which larger versions weren't available. They replaced some with entirely new ones (which I think most are better), however. But to mindlessly resize 128x128 to 256x256 does nothing except waste memory and download time.

[View Quote] > None of the original textures WERE larger...that is, not what was brought into AW. Almost every texture in AW was stolen from somewhere else. :)

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 24, 2001, 5:12am
Uh huh...they you wonder why I flame you and other idiots who simply fuck with me to get a laugh. Back into the filter you go, twit.

[View Quote] > Awww, as for what it was for? I told you: to see what you would do. I get a
> good laugh at watching you get mad so easy. You win the award for least
> self control. Your the one that should be "evolving" I say.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 24, 2001, 5:34am
oh that hurts...

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------BE6D5332E5703B152A2C9B4C

aaaaaw - poor sw commit *g

sw comit schrieb:

> oh that hurts...
>
> --
> SW Comit
> swcomit at swcity.net
> Mayor of SW City
> http://www.swcity.net
> President of Community Linkage Commission
> http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------BE6D5332E5703B152A2C9B4C--

j b e l l

Feb 24, 2001, 6:08am
OMG!!! EEP MADE A MISTAK! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!?!?! "they you wonder"
dear god no.. i can not live another day..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 24, 2001, 6:13am
lol.. i made one too mistak=mistake

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

datedman

Feb 25, 2001, 11:42am
Um hell yah, and it generally looks crappier too. :)

[View Quote] > Then they should have left the ones alone in which larger versions weren't available. They replaced some with entirely new ones (which I think most are better), however. But to mindlessly resize 128x128 to 256x256 does nothing except waste memory and download time.

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 25, 2001, 1:11pm
You wouldn't happen to have any of the original versions at higher resolutions or uncompressed formats (BMP, TGA, TIF, etc), would you, Rus? I'm specifically interested in fall_g but will take any others. I've telegrammed AWCI people numerous times about this but they never respond.

[View Quote] > Um hell yah, and it generally looks crappier too. :)

[View Quote]

datedman

Feb 25, 2001, 4:04pm
No as I say, they were stolen from elsewhere, mostly by Danny who no longer works with AW and who probly wouldn't have saved the originals anyway.

[View Quote] > You wouldn't happen to have any of the original versions at higher resolutions or uncompressed formats (BMP, TGA, TIF, etc), would you, Rus? I'm specifically interested in fall_g but will take any others. I've telegrammed AWCI people numerous times about this but they never respond.

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 25, 2001, 5:23pm
Well, I know some come from Criterion RW 2.1 demos, and others from 3D Studio Max, but some I haven't seen before. AWCI still has SOME originals (metal1 and tree7 I recall offhand) though...ah well.

[View Quote] > No as I say, they were stolen from elsewhere, mostly by Danny who no longer works with AW and who probly wouldn't have saved the originals anyway.

[View Quote]

datedman

Feb 25, 2001, 11:13pm
Um, well I hate to disappoint ya but I don't think any of the texture maps were created in-house. A lot of the objects were stolen too, and Cy as well.

[View Quote] > Well, I know some come from Criterion RW 2.1 demos, and others from 3D Studio Max, but some I haven't seen before. AWCI still has SOME originals (metal1 and tree7 I recall offhand) though...ah well.

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 25, 2001, 11:17pm
I don't give a shit if they were stolen. I'm hardly disappointed by it either. ;P But AWCI has to have the original, uncompressed (non-JPG) BMPs/TGAs/whatever of most of the textures...

[View Quote] > Um, well I hate to disappoint ya but I don't think any of the texture maps were created in-house. A lot of the objects were stolen too, and Cy as well.

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 2:05am
well, not if they were stolen in the jpg format...

Fox Mc Cloud

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3A99AD83.9679DAAD at tnlc.com...
> I don't give a shit if they were stolen. I'm hardly disappointed by it
either. ;P But AWCI has to have the original, uncompressed (non-JPG)
BMPs/TGAs/whatever of most of the textures...

[View Quote]

datedman

Feb 26, 2001, 4:25am
They do not.

[View Quote] > I don't give a shit if they were stolen. I'm hardly disappointed by it either. ;P But AWCI has to have the original, uncompressed (non-JPG) BMPs/TGAs/whatever of most of the textures...

[View Quote]

eep sum@1.com

Feb 26, 2001, 1:13pm
Duh! You ain't AWCI; Dataman used to be (well, COF) and perhaps Facter knows and/or can find out...

[View Quote] > well, not if they were stolen in the jpg format...

> "eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> 3A99AD83.9679DAAD at tnlc.com...
> either. ;P But AWCI has to have the original, uncompressed (non-JPG)
> BMPs/TGAs/whatever of most of the textures...
> maps were created in-house. A lot of the objects were stolen too, and Cy as
> well.

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 3:07pm
I know that, I was just referring to your "AWCI has to have the original,
uncompressed (non-JPG)
if they were stolen in the jpg format... But as you know i'm not AWCI and
don't know if it's the case or not (although dataman seems to say so). It
was no offence, just a thought :o).

Fox Mc Cloud

"eep" <sum at 1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9A7160.2EA0424C at 1.com...
> Duh! You ain't AWCI; Dataman used to be (well, COF) and perhaps Facter
knows and/or can find out...

[View Quote]

wing

Feb 26, 2001, 8:30pm
Doesn't surprise me in the least. They'll just continue modifying the
modified ones losing image quality each time until it all goes to hell
instead of converting directly from the originals.

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

eep

Feb 26, 2001, 8:52pm
Do you not know how to read, Fox? I already stated that AWCI changed SOME of the then 128x128 textures to 256x256 and didn't simply RESIZE them like they did SOME others. I'm just curious if they missed some (fall_g, etc) since they're not thorough and consistent at other things (except being inept). Pay attention and read more carefully before you respond to my posts.

[View Quote] > I know that, I was just referring to your "AWCI has to have the original,
> uncompressed (non-JPG)
> if they were stolen in the jpg format... But as you know i'm not AWCI and
> don't know if it's the case or not (although dataman seems to say so). It
> was no offence, just a thought :o).
>
> "eep" <sum at 1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9A7160.2EA0424C at 1.com...
> knows and/or can find out...

john viper

Feb 27, 2001, 12:36am
Yes, I like this idea. I see two options, either make all the current
objects under a different name then somehow go through the AW database and
change everything around (kinda intrusive if you ask me) or make an entirely
new object set - could be the same objects, with a prefix or something like
that. Maybe this would also be a good chance to get a naming convention
down -- they tried that and it seems to have fallen through IMO

-John Viper

[View Quote]

chucks party

Mar 5, 2001, 9:42am
I think all the objects should be replaced with the new liteable objects. It
will not effect older builds in anyway whatsoever. Only if you put a create
light brightness=100 next to it, lol Besides AW already has light
restrictions in the world settings that should not effect any old builds
whatsoever, someone would have to literally build 20 meters away and set out
to destroy the look of someones build to accomplish that, lol So I say
change them ALL :)

[View Quote]

eep

Mar 5, 2001, 8:05pm
That's not entirely true. With "texturemode lit" added, objects facing light sources (including the single world light source) will be brighter on one side than on the other facing away from the light source. However, surface .5 .3 0 (standard settings for AlphaWorld objects) won't make that much of a difference for light reflectivity. However, it WILL make a difference on objects that did not HAVE "texturemode lit" on them before since they will now look slightly darker on one side, but this won't be as drastic and damaging as some people (Lara et al) think.

Anyway, I would recommend using at least surface .5 .5 0 or .5 .75 0 or even .5 1 0 (like I do in Hole and Cubed, but AW 2.2 users see white on the sides facing the light because the lighting has changed in AW3+).

[View Quote] > I think all the objects should be replaced with the new liteable objects. It
> will not effect older builds in anyway whatsoever. Only if you put a create
> light brightness=100 next to it, lol Besides AW already has light
> restrictions in the world settings that should not effect any old builds
> whatsoever, someone would have to literally build 20 meters away and set out
> to destroy the look of someones build to accomplish that, lol So I say
> change them ALL :)

[View Quote]

chucks party

Mar 7, 2001, 4:27pm
I still say change them all, look at what happened to 3.0 users with the
mask commands, if we can tolerate that then 2.2 and 2.3 browser people might
have to tolerate a little glare on white objects I guess. Eventually
everyone gets use to their environments once it's done it's done. I say deal
with it, LOL

[View Quote]

eep

Mar 7, 2001, 8:05pm
I say people shell out the measly $50 for an adequate enough 3D card (3Dfx Voodoo3, for example) and upgrade to AW3+ and be done with it. Most 3D games don't even support software rendering anymore so why should AW? Oh, right, I "forgot": AW is still YEARS behind most 3D games...

[View Quote] > I still say change them all, look at what happened to 3.0 users with the
> mask commands, if we can tolerate that then 2.2 and 2.3 browser people might
> have to tolerate a little glare on white objects I guess. Eventually
> everyone gets use to their environments once it's done it's done. I say deal
> with it, LOL

[View Quote]

rolu

Mar 7, 2001, 8:07pm
[View Quote] And buggy. I can't run aw3+ here on my laptop, since it always crashes. 2
runs fine. I do have hardware support, which works fine for other games.

rolu

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------F57B03965BA7D20EEB84A3B8

I use NT4 and will continue using it as long as possible, so I cannot
use AW3.x either - not before there will be OpenGL support. The reason
why I don't "upgrade" is that I don't want to loose the quality that NT4
has after several bugfixes - I would have access to all windows
versions. Running Linux as second OS would be an option as I worked on
Unix in several projects - but not any of NT5, 2K, 98, CE, ME as long as
I can avoid it.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------F57B03965BA7D20EEB84A3B8--

wing

Mar 7, 2001, 11:23pm
Hopefully XP won't be the overhyped bug-ridden POS that Win2k and ME have
been. And if they dumb it down anymore, I'll still be using 4 year old
software (Win98) until it's no longer supported by what I need to do.
[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  |