url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------6EE44EDF42A25A4DC7D07C6A--

facter facter@awsupport

aarrgghhh

hehehe

F.

> facter schrieb:
news:3A93DDB8.747507A8 at oct31.de...
sorry
the

wing

Feb 21, 2001, 6:18pm
AWGZ wouldn't be the best place IMO. Too many cits that can't move would
most likely vote (caused by the Juno effect and now the Calgari thing is
going to bring more). Of course, Calgari's users are probably a bit smarter
than Juno's. Perhaps a website poll would be more effective. Put a sign up
at AWGZ notifying those there of it's presence, ask object yard operators to
put it up, etc.

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 21, 2001, 8:12pm
good idea. Just change it and keep a backup, if it turns out to break stuff
you can always put it back if you want.

rolu

YOU FOOL! have you ever seen the difference between walk029.rwx and
landa.rwx (I'm not talking about size)? they're REALLY different, but they
still use the same texture, grasso.jpg... I KNOW that that screws up, I've
tryed myself!

KAH

eep <no at 1.com> skrev i meldingsnyheter:3A9311F7.972FBE63 at 1.com...
> Andras is correct; the "l" should be a SUFFIX, not PREFIX. Otherwise
object names will be a pain to remember and won't sort alphabetically
correctly.

> However, I still think AWCI world objects should be lit by default without
creating an ENTIRE new set of objects, which is just silly to me, especially
when builds will be ENHANCED, not "destroyed" because of having lit objects.

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 22, 2001, 8:06pm
i tried it too.. way different..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

myrth

Feb 22, 2001, 9:41pm
thats because landa has different uv's... that has nothing to do with
texturemode lit.. but I suppose uv's might be too complex for you...

-Myrth

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 22, 2001, 10:37pm
Know much about objects, Kah? Doesn't seem like it. AW's objects are going to need to have their surfaces changed if they want to be able to reflect light more realistically. Currently, most AW's objects are .5 .3 .1. They should at least be increased to .5 .5 .1 (though specularity has no effect in AW3+, but AW 2.2 users--yes, they still exist--can still see it) or a higher diffusion so light is reflected more. I use .5 1 0 but in AW 2.2 polygons facing the light source are white, but in AW3+ they're simply brighter. So I figure .5 .5 0 or even .5 .75 0 is a good tradeoff if AWCI wants to support AW 2.2 more (which they probably should since not everyone has a 3D card--hard to believe as that may be).

Oh and the correct subject reply prefix is "Re:" not "SV:".

[View Quote] > YOU FOOL! have you ever seen the difference between walk029.rwx and
> landa.rwx (I'm not talking about size)? they're REALLY different, but they
> still use the same texture, grasso.jpg... I KNOW that that screws up, I've
> tryed myself!
>
> eep <no at 1.com> skrev i meldingsnyheter:3A9311F7.972FBE63 at 1.com...
> object names will be a pain to remember and won't sort alphabetically
> correctly.
> creating an ENTIRE new set of objects, which is just silly to me, especially
> when builds will be ENHANCED, not "destroyed" because of having lit objects.
> with an "L". ;-)
> necessary changes on AW's objects (even on Yellow and Mars and etc) You know
> me - I'll write a tool to do that in no time :) This tool will add the "l"
> prefix to the object as Lara proposed (or how about adding it as a suffix?
> Like walk029hl.rwx? - maybe it will lead to confusion? It is up to you folks
> to pick the best naming method!) We should keep the names as short as
> possible (Darned BI!!)
> texturemode lit command to them (and they did not have it before). IMO it is
> a dangerous action!! Zillions of beautiful constructions will be screwed up
> badly!
> the objects statistically it will affect about 7,000,000 existing objects
> inworld!!!
> introduce another sets of objects with those commands added!
> something
> are
> task and
> work.
> want to, I

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------11A401BC1112C72DE76E635A

RWX files must either be binaries or you must be a masochist if you deal
with them ;)

[View Quote] > ...

a lot that I don't directly refer to

smile or grin but don't flame, this is not an offense
--------------11A401BC1112C72DE76E635A

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------11A401BC1112C72DE76E635A--

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 2:09am
I agree with eep too. I don't want to replace my thousands of floor
objects...

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 2:14am
"Alphaworld wasnt built in a day you know...."
bleh you could build it in a day if you were superman =P

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------94D401F2340C785E92F7E472

a bot ... a propdump ... and editor ... a bot

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------94D401F2340C785E92F7E472--

eep

Feb 23, 2001, 4:41am
Until there's an RWX Modeler worth using that gives me the control editing them in text files does, perhaps. However, a GUI to add avatars (and their SEQs, sounds, etc) to a world would be MUCH more user-friendly and easier to use than having to edit avatars.dat.

[View Quote] > RWX files must either be binaries or you must be a masochist if you deal
> with them ;)

[View Quote] Anything can be offensive: your smiley is offensive, your "schrieb" vs "wrote" is offensive--as is your condescending "I'll translate it for you" bit--simply change the word and don't be such a prick about it. Your "Aw:" subject line prefix is offensive. Your lack of actually QUOTING something I wrote is offensive. Your bad punctuation is offensive. In short, Ananas, YOU are offensive, so if you don't want to be flamed for your offensiveness, simply don't BE offensive.

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 4:57am
Eh? If your referring to using a bot to replace the objects. that'll work,
but how many people in AW will know how to do that? Doesn't seem far that
you'd need knowledge in bots for AW's actions.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 4:58am
Also I really don't see what the big worry about is. AWTeen replaced all
their objects and the world looks fine...

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------4098AF338E32FED3D1AC18C5

For all private worlds that use the standard AW OP it would be a good
solution to have one optional path with the objects replaced. For AW
world - not sure, make people vote would be the best instead of risking
hundreds of mad builders. A decision that came through a vote is better
to take than not beeing asked at all, although still some will be mad,
in either case.

The bot/editor idea was just for you as you talked about thousands of
floor objects *g

sw comit schrieb:

> Also I really don't see what the big worry about is. AWTeen replaced all
> their objects and the world looks fine...
>
> --
> SW Comit
> swcomit at swcity.net
> Mayor of SW City
> http://www.swcity.net
> President of Community Linkage Commission
> http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------4098AF338E32FED3D1AC18C5--

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------D67FE2E971B8DB013F9F3742

ok, ok - flame if you like - you don't like smiling people, you don't
like foreigners, you don't like newbies, you don't like people who work
with text files, you don't like people who have different ideas than you
- is there anyone left you like (not counting yourself) ?

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------D67FE2E971B8DB013F9F3742--

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 6:06am
Ahhhh, if the whole thing came out a disaster, it's not like they can't put
it back to how it was before.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com
[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 23, 2001, 6:08am
LMAO, he got all mad at me when I sent him a telegram that said nothing but
"O_O" just to see what he'd do. Anyone else woulda thought nothing of it.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------BBE87DCAD2713AFD911A9A2D

hm - that's sure a good thought

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------BBE87DCAD2713AFD911A9A2D--

eep

Feb 23, 2001, 9:09am
I don't like idiots, Ananas. You continually act idiotic towards me. I don't like YOU, Ananas. Stop being an idiot. Suck filter, twit.

[View Quote] > ok, ok - flame if you like - you don't like smiling people, you don't
> like foreigners, you don't like newbies, you don't like people who work
> with text files, you don't like people who have different ideas than you
> - is there anyone left you like (not counting yourself) ?
>
> eep schrieb:

eep

Feb 23, 2001, 9:10am
And what was the point in sending such a telegram except to be a twit, SW? Duh. Attempt to evolve, primate.

[View Quote] > LMAO, he got all mad at me when I sent him a telegram that said nothing but
> "O_O" just to see what he'd do. Anyone else woulda thought nothing of it.

CAN'T YOU SHUT UP??????!!!!!
Ananas sure isn't a twit, but YOU are!!!! You have to attack all the ppl
that do good things for the community, do you???? I might even put you on a
filter, wich I hate to do!

KAH

eep <eep at tnlc.com> skrev i meldingsnyheter:3A9643FF.B96B8B37 at tnlc.com...
> I don't like idiots, Ananas. You continually act idiotic towards me. I
don't like YOU, Ananas. Stop being an idiot. Suck filter, twit.

[View Quote]

wing

Feb 23, 2001, 11:51am
We lived through the texture changes, we can live through the addition of
lights.

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

eep

Feb 23, 2001, 1:41pm
Totally; hardly anyone bitched when most of AW's textures were mindlessly resized to 256x256 instead of getting the original, larger versions and resizing them down to 256x256 like they should've been. AWCI obviously needs to go back to image editing 101 and learn about pixelation.

[View Quote] > We lived through the texture changes, we can live through the addition of
> lights.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7F617E16BF190A299F5C9390

sigh, if you only would do that - you tried it once but you don't seem
to have too much experience with your netscape

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7F617E16BF190A299F5C9390--

datedman

Feb 23, 2001, 2:21pm
Hrrrm didn't Dennis Miller say that tolerance is the ability to pretend that you don't think everybody but yourself is a freakin moron? ;)

[View Quote] > ok, ok - flame if you like - you don't like smiling people, you don't
> like foreigners, you don't like newbies, you don't like people who work
> with text files, you don't like people who have different ideas than you
> - is there anyone left you like (not counting yourself) ?
>
> eep schrieb:

datedman

Feb 23, 2001, 2:25pm
The problem is that, like colorizing old movies, you are changing things that were created with a different scheme in mind.

[View Quote] > If anything having objects reflect light more realistically will ENHANCE AlphaWorld, which already looks too fake as it is with all those solid colors and hardly any light shading. The real world (or virtual like AlphaWorld mimicks) ain't so flat-shaded and UNshaded.

> So, no, it DOESN'T make sense not to make AlphaWorld (and other worlds) objects more realistically lit, which is why I recently redid all my object surface settings and why Hole and Cubed look even MORE realistic because of it!

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 23, 2001, 2:57pm
Well, that's why Facter said a test world with probably AlphaWorld GZ in it will be done to show what it'll look like before it's applied to all of AlphaWorld. He and AWCI (according to him) don't think AlphaWorld will be affected much by the change since .3 diffusion isn't that much light reflection in AW3+ anyway.

[View Quote] > The problem is that, like colorizing old movies, you are changing things that were created with a different scheme in mind.

[View Quote]

datedman

Feb 23, 2001, 11:27pm
None of the original textures WERE larger...that is, not what was brought into AW. Almost every texture in AW was stolen from somewhere else. :)

[View Quote] > Totally; hardly anyone bitched when most of AW's textures were mindlessly resized to 256x256 instead of getting the original, larger versions and resizing them down to 256x256 like they should've been. AWCI obviously needs to go back to image editing 101 and learn about pixelation.

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  |