how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn... (Community)

how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn... // Community

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

andras

Feb 7, 2001, 9:04am
<plonk>

[View Quote]

nornny

Feb 7, 2001, 9:52am
Who needs to when you show such authority and dignity as Facter does. :)
He's like The artist formerly known as Prince, who can be distinguished as
just a symbol. :) Besides, it shows his down-to-earth side rahter than the
support side. It's all in the name. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

holistic1

Hey Goober, you hold him and I'll get the bar of soap.&nbsp; Obviously,
Eep needs his mouth washed out with soap.&nbsp; Bad eep, now go sit in
the corner till dinner.
[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Feb 7, 2001, 11:34am
you know if eep doesnt lay the heck off they will just freeking take the
news groups away from every one.
and i dont think any one here except maybe eep wants that to happen.
[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Feb 7, 2001, 11:50am
Eep - if you dont stop flaming so much and causing a continuous disruption
in these newsgroups, you will be filtered out - so, consider this a warning
as to your conduct here in this newsgroup.

On a side note, I dont know where you get the "this month" thing from, I
will continue to post in here - I have posted in here since before you even
*got* to AW, so I dont understand where your logic is in lumping everyone
that works here in one big group - I havnt changed, but then, nor have you.

Flaming, personal attacks against posters, be they members of AWCI or of the
public, derogatory remarks or posts with the intent of causing disruption
will be either moderated, or result in the poster being banned from this
group. I'm sorry, I am going to be really leniant here, but this is a
warning. I think I will post the newsgroup conduct guidelines again just for
everyone to read again.

Now, there are still apparently some issues with the network switch, hell,
we are working with MPL on it - if I was to say I myself was happy with the
situation, then I'd be a liar - none of us are, but we are doing what we
can - what more can we do but try to rectify the situation ? It seems it is
an intermittant problem, so we do whatever we can do fix it, like we always
do.

You know guys, I was off ill with the flu yesterday, I didnt have to work or
anything, but you know where I was all the day, huddled in my blanket at
home? In the worlds.

Most of us care more than you would think.

Facter.

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 7, 2001, 1:12pm
typical eep response..

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com
> slowly so you can grasp it: "Shut... the... hell... up..."
>
> The man is making an EFFORT, here. He doesn't HAVE to post in these
> newsgroups. Hell, he doesn't even have to READ these newsgroups. Yet he
> does, and he responds to post that are actually constructive and/or
> informative. Yours, on the other hand, are nothing more than pissing and
> moaning about how you perceive that AWCI has "fucked up". Blaming Facter
> for the acts of Rick and JP are absolutely unfounded. Facter does not
> own AWCI. Facter does not control AWCI. He is not responsible for the
> acts of his superiors, so lay off!

I don't recall ever blaming Facter for AWCI's problems (or the actions of
Rick and JP, in particular). I DO think that Facter is taking on the
"it's-not-my-fault" mentality of Rick and JP, however. He also skirts around
issues like them.

> As for the whole newsgroup issue, if the only way to fix the newsgroup
> problems was to take them offline temporarily, then Facter did
> everything he could to explain the situation. Does it really make sense
> that same newsgroup? Besides, if *you* couldn't post anything, what
> makes you think Facter would have had any better luck? If the problem's
> with posting, then *no one* can post, not even Facter. Whatever happened
> to that whole "thinking" thing you're so fond of, anyway? :P

Dunno, are YOU thinking, Goober? Doesn't look like it considering the
newsgroups never went DOWN to the point of not being able to READ them; just
POSTING to them (and perhaps just "Community" since that's the only one I
tried at the time) was down. Since Facter seemingly disabled the ability to
POST to the newsgroups, he could have simply posted he was going to do this
instead of simply disabling posting and putting up a VERY vague system
status message on AW's website. The POINT I'm trying to make is
communication. Facter, like AWCI, fails to communicate things to its users.
Yes, it's gotten MARGINALLY better in recent months, but only through
CONTINUED persistance by disgruntled users/customers. What does this say
about AWCI? To me it shows they STILL don't know how to communicate with its
users/customers and are STILL incompetent in MANY areas (AW
development/direction, marketing, PR, etc, etc).

> I understand COF has left a bad taste in your mouth. Quite frankly, if
> Rick or JP ever had the cohones to post in here, I'd probably have a few
> choice words for them as well. However, that shouldn't prevent you from
> at least acting respectful towards those who aren't even involved in the
> process.

Um, but Facter IS involved in the process--ALL AWCI employees are and I WILL
spout off to them WHENEVER I god damn feel like it. Respect is earned, and
so far I don't feel AWCI has earned MY respect enough for me to give THEM
respect.

> Would you start bitching at Young Shamus if he suddenly found
> the urge to post in here? If so, I find that sad.

Only if he played the same game Rick, JP, and now Facter do...but Shamus
doesn't seem like that...Roland doesn't either...to an extent, but their
INACTION makes them just as guilty as Rick and JP's actions. Shamus, Roland,
HamFon, Flagg, etc, etc, HAVE the power to speak up against Rick and JP, but
they don't seem to.

> I used to think you amusing. Sometimes you simply irritated me. But now
> I just pity you. Please, for the sake of everyone here, and for your own
> integrity, (if you even have any left) grow up. But, if you feel the
> need to continue acting like a buffoon, then you can have the distinct
> pleasure of sucking MY filter... *flick*

<shrug> I won't give up what I believe in...and I believe Rick and JP do NOT
deserve to be in charge of AW. They have CONTINUALLY proven over and over
and, yes, over again that they do NOT know how to deal with their customers
and the public/media relations, etc. They have played sneaky corporate games
that have been outlined on my AW history page
(http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/history.html) ever since they went public. They will
NEVER live this down while I am still around until the admit their mistakes
and change their ways--PERIOD. This is my mission in AW, as it stands
currently, and until things change I will NEVER let up. Think of me what you
will but if you do the research I believe you will understand and perhaps
even agree with me. The thing is most people don't really even CARE enough
about AW to see things from my perspective or even understand them if they
do. But that's fine...different people have different passions. Mine just
happens to be AW and a few other select things--they keep me distracted;
distractions are key to a healthy life, you know.

[View Quote] The difference between Facter and Rick & JP is that it truly *isn't* his
fault. His only responsibilities are AW tech support and web
development. He cannot control what happens at other companies, (i.e.
MPL.net) but he *can* work with those companies to help resolve the
problem as quickly as possible, and that's what he's doing.

> Dunno, are YOU thinking, Goober? Doesn't look like it considering the newsgroups never went DOWN to the point of not being able to READ them; just POSTING to them (and perhaps just "Community" since that's the only one I tried at the time) was down. Since Facter seemingly disabled the ability to POST to the newsgroups, he could have simply posted he was going to do this instead of simply disabling posting and putting up a VERY vague system status message on AW's website. The POINT I'm trying to make is communication. Facter, like AWCI, fails to communicate things to its users. Yes, it's gotten MARGINALLY better in recent months, but only through CONTINUED persistance by disgruntled users/customers. What does this say about AWCI? To me it shows they STILL don't know how to communicate with its users/customers and are STILL incompetent in MANY areas (AW development/direction, marketing, PR, etc, etc).

Well, I must have missed this "incident", because I don't recall the
community NG ever being in such a state where you could read posts, but
not post in them. (As Facter said, it was only for a couple hours)
Usually, when someone tells me that the newsgroups "went down", that
means "went offline completely". Perhaps a little more clarity next
time?

As for communication issues, I'd like to think it's gotten SIGNIFICANTLY
better. And I don't think it's solely because of "disgruntled users",
(of which, I think, there are but a few truly "disgruntled" users) it's
because of the "fresh blood" that COF has acquired in the likes of
Facter and others. New employees bring new ideas, which help to make the
company better as a whole.

> Um, but Facter IS involved in the process--ALL AWCI employees are and I WILL spout off to them WHENEVER I god damn feel like it. Respect is earned, and so far I don't feel AWCI has earned MY respect enough for me to give THEM respect.

Tell me, when you were doing QA, did you ever come up to your boss and
say "I don't think our company should be using the services of this
company." or "Don't invest in this company because they're idiots."? I
doubt it. Your job was simply to make sure that your company's products
were of the highest quality they could be. You were in no position to
question the actions of your superiors. Such as it is with Facter.

And there's a difference between "acting respectful towards" and
"respecting" the company. You can act respectful and still disagree with
someone else, even if you hate their guts. (Such as I am now doing here
*grin*) It's called "common courtesy" or "politeness". Try it sometime;
you might be surprised how much more receptive AWCI (especially the new
people) would be towards your ideas and arguments.

> Only if he played the same game Rick, JP, and now Facter do...but Shamus doesn't seem like that...Roland doesn't either...to an extent, but their INACTION makes them just as guilty as Rick and JP's actions. Shamus, Roland, HamFon, Flagg, etc, etc, HAVE the power to speak up against Rick and JP, but they don't seem to.

How do you know they aren't taking action? Perhaps every time there's a
meeting, the employees bring up all sorts of ideas, but Rick and/or JP
shoot them down. It could be all Rick & JP's doing that AW's going
nowhere and the rest of AWCI just gives up and follows along because
they need the paycheck. And again, most aren't in a position to be able
to "stand up" to what Rick & JP tell them. What does a tech support
person know about marketing? What does a marketing person know about
accounting? etc, etc.

> <shrug> I won't give up what I believe in...and I believe Rick and JP do NOT deserve to be in charge of AW. They have CONTINUALLY proven over and over and, yes, over again that they do NOT know how to deal with their customers and the public/media relations, etc. They have played sneaky corporate games that have been outlined on my AW history page (http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/history.html) ever since they went public. They will NEVER live this down while I am still around until the admit their mistakes and change their ways--PERIOD. This is my mission in AW, as it stands currently, and until things change I will NEVER let up. Think of me what you will but if you do the research I believe you will understand and perhaps even agree with me. The thing is most people don't really even CARE enough about AW to see things from my perspective or even understand them if they do. But that's fine...different people have different passions. Mine just happens to be AW and a few other select
> things--they keep me distracted; distractions are key to a healthy life, you know.

Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. I wasn't suggesting
you give up your cause. Hell, I support it 100%. It's the delivery that
needs work. I have yet to see a single post from you that involves both
politeness and AWCI. You've thrown around this bitter attitude for
years, and where has it gotten you? Hardly anywhere, as far as AW
development goes. Perhaps if you tried forming constructive ideas and
cohesive arguments in a respectful way, (not to be confused with
respectING) then you might actually get somewhere.

It certainly worked for Just In...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

I wanna be nice to Eep, but when he attacks a guy that does his best to
clean up the mess around, I can't resist expressing meself. internal
affairs, you should change your name to internal assfucker, internal asshole
or internal asslicker I mean it!
Eep, I know you can be very nice, so BE it!!! You've told us that you hate
the AWCI soooooooo many times the past months that most of us (the ones with
an IQ higher than 2, oh yeah, that means ALL of us!) have gotten your
message. I'm turning of my flame-thrower now, don't want to hurt you.

faber

Feb 7, 2001, 4:35pm
"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3A80A0DE.E211ABB3 at tnlc.com...
> There isn't? How about posting a newsgroup post first? I was still able
to READ the newsgroups; the problem was in POSTING to them. Had there been
a message from you or some other clueless AWCIer about the newsgroup
POSTING problem, I would not have had to email AWCI "support".

What irony.. .besides the bad manners and lack of knowledge.... even logic
seems to be absent. I could not resist to point this out. If posting to a
news server is not possible you cannot post a message to it that posting is
not possible. You have to fix the server first, and have to use another
channel of communication such as the web. Its simple logic. Must be
difficult to see while trying to shoot down your enemies.

But nevertheless, you seem to have a fan out there in the universe. After
all, imitation is the highest form of admiration and appreciation, right,
I.A. ?

Faber :)

holistic1

OUCH!!...LOL.. nice shot faber...
[View Quote]

nornny

Feb 7, 2001, 5:56pm
Well, there's some flaws to your Eep analysis, I think. :) btw, we should
really have an AWUniv class or something on Eepian Theory. You know,
analyzing Eep's point of view, his ideas, and such. It would make for a
great perspective opening in our usual same-ol AW cit minds. :) Just a
dream. :)

Anyways, back to Eep. I think Eep has more self esteem and confidence than
he can handle. His egotism is FAR beyond a lonely life. He's like Microsoft,
he KNOWS he can take over and get his thoughts out clearly (with bugs also,
coincidently) because he knows that the only response he'll get is "you're a
loser" or "close that mouth, young man" or "if you don't have anything nice
to say, don't say it" or my favorite, "YOU <beep> MOTHER <a misspelled
beep>." Even posts like this one, sorry J, we've seen the "low self esteem"
reasoning as many times as we hear twit out of Eep's mouth. :) I mean, Eep
has his answers down pat, to a point where you can expect it. But you really
can't DO anything about it. The dumb remarks are answered by smart and
threatening ones that the person is incapable of growing enough brain cells
to react correctly. The smart remarks are answered by dumb
trying-to-get-you-off-topic ones where, you can call him a child for saying
something like that, but in the end, you don't get ANY political or
intellectual satisfaction out of it.

I don't think Eep's intention here EVER was to gain a single ounce of
respect from any of us. basically, he can do without us (that's obvious), so
he'll say whatever he wants. It's your choice to respond or take offense,
but don't go complaining about his inferiority complex, because even IF he
has one, I doubt we can change Eep like we do the newbies.

So ends my report on Eep and why he is such a meanie. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

wing

Feb 7, 2001, 7:03pm
Well, globally filtering Eep would be a bad idea as he provides useful
information between flame wars. Those of us who don't want to hear him
don't. We don't need your help to silence one of the few here that know what
the hell goes on. Moderation of the group would prove to be a pain, as it
has been before. You need to let people do things on their own, like
ignoring or filtering what THEY don't want. Censorship SUCKS. As of late,
children aren't as shielded from the outside world. The vast majority of AW
users are in this age group (or so it seems) with only a few that I know of
not being allowed to read the types of things that get said in here. It's
not like Eep has posted sex movies or anything. Just provided good
information and policing, which can get harsh sometimes. Theres somthing in
this country (United States of America) called freedom of speech. I'm not
going to say it's the law on the internet and that you can say anything you
want anywhere, because you can't. BUT, it applies loosely to this situation
because the only REAL reason I can see for your posting this is that he
jumped on your company's back for unreliability. Constructive criticism?
Maybe, if it were listened to instead of being brushed off as someone else's
problem. Let's face it, if Eep were removed, would we be able to have any
constructive threads with the recent influx of newbies voicing their
OPINIONS on factual information? The occassional one-sided flame war is
inevitable in any group. I can just see the replies the anti-eepists are
going to post for this message, but think about it this way. In a group
project at work or school (whicher applies best to you), if the teacher/boss
decides not to allow one of the people in your group not to participate for
insubordination, would you be able to get as much work done?

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Feb 7, 2001, 9:02pm
I hate censorship as much as anyone - I dont moderate these groups and I
have no wish to. Yes, he does give some good points, but unfortunatly he is
rude, impolite arrogant and unthoughtful in his manner here - there is
absolutly no need for it at all. I have absolutly NO wish *whatsoever* to
remove or filter him from the group, and the whole thing is in his hands
*entirely*, please make no mistake there. I, unlike many, understand his
value to this community and his insights into many of the problems here -
and have agreed with him more times than not.

BUT - I wont put up with personal attacks, they are un-necessary and very
rude. And, if someone cant be polite and refraim from saying things like
"you fu&*ed it up, you inept bs artist", then that is derogatory, and
impolite - its about time there was so kind of civility around here, I dont
think thats too much to ask from *anyone*.

Eep, i'm sure your most capable of being polite in your attitude, instead of
insulting, and as I said, if you treat others with the same respect you
yourself demand, and there will be no problem whatsoever.

He can start being polite in his manner towards others, or there can be a
choice. I will stop posting in here, and he can continue - I just will not
put up with rude individuals in my personal time no matter what their
opinion is, and no matter how jaded they are - I have better things to do. I
think Eep needs to realise that I do not set policy around here, and that
the reason I post in here is to *help* you guys in the first place - geez,
why is that so hard for him to grasp ? Is it such a strange notion that
someone here actually wants to merely help out the community? Maybe to some,
but I have been here long enough to know that a presence in here is needed
sometimes. My skin is thick, but I am here on my own violition to help out,
not be abused.

I do *not* set policy people - I post in here to *inform* and *help* -
nothing more.

Disagree with me sure, debate with me - i'd love that, but dont swear at me
or accuse me of just spouting bullshit in such a rude manner - I speak the
facts as I know them, why I would fabricate things about circumstances here
is *totally* beyond me.

So what do you say Eep ? Not too hard to be polite is it ? Wouldnt you
prefer someone from AWCI posting in here to them *not* posting in here -
like it has been for the past year?

Up to you mate =)

F.

oh - one more note, I would really prefer it if you did not swear at me or
accuse me of spouting bullshit Eep, thanks.

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 7, 2001, 9:19pm
[View Quote] [View Quote]
t he

g and
acter
ot
he
s of Rick and JP, in particular). I DO think that Facter is taking on the=
"it's-not-my-fault" mentality of Rick and JP, however. He also skirts ar=
ound issues like them.

> The difference between Facter and Rick & JP is that it truly *isn't* hi=
> fault. His only responsibilities are AW tech support and web
> development. He cannot control what happens at other companies, (i.e.
> MPL.net) but he *can* work with those companies to help resolve the
> problem as quickly as possible, and that's what he's doing.

Well now you're confusing 2 different problems: newsgroups and AW's downt=
ime. Get the facts straight before you continue to reply to my posts and =
look even MORE foolish, Goober. Facter claimed he took down the newsgroup=
s because of some "problem" he STILL hasn't explained. Hence, him taking =
down the newsgroups WAS his fault, just as most other things that happen =
to AW and its users are Rick and/or JP's fault.

oup
ense
wn

em's
pened
newsgroups never went DOWN to the point of not being able to READ them; =
just POSTING to them (and perhaps just "Community" since that's the only =
one I tried at the time) was down. Since Facter seemingly disabled the ab=
ility to POST to the newsgroups, he could have simply posted he was going=
to do this instead of simply disabling posting and putting up a VERY vag=
ue system status message on AW's website. The POINT I'm trying to make is=
communication. Facter, like AWCI, fails to communicate things to its use=
rs. Yes, it's gotten MARGINALLY better in recent months, but only through=
CONTINUED persistance by disgruntled users/customers. What does this say=
about AWCI? To me it shows they STILL don't know how to communicate with=
its users/customers and are STILL incompetent in MANY areas (AW developm=
ent/direction, marketing, PR, etc, etc).

> Well, I must have missed this "incident", because I don't recall the
> community NG ever being in such a state where you could read posts, but=

> not post in them. (As Facter said, it was only for a couple hours)
> Usually, when someone tells me that the newsgroups "went down", that
> means "went offline completely". Perhaps a little more clarity next
> time?

Perhaps you need to read more carefully because as *I* experienced it I C=
OULD read the newsgroups but could NOT post to them (at least this one si=
nce that's the only one I tried). Then I emailed Facter and he replied wi=
th a link to AW's system status page (which didn't explain ANYTHING excep=
t give yet another bullshit statement). Perhaps the newsgroups THEN becam=
e unreadable for a couple hours, as you claim, but I never experienced th=
at. Hence, my original point stands.

> As for communication issues, I'd like to think it's gotten SIGNIFICANTL=
> better. And I don't think it's solely because of "disgruntled users",
> (of which, I think, there are but a few truly "disgruntled" users) it's=

> because of the "fresh blood" that COF has acquired in the likes of
> Facter and others. New employees bring new ideas, which help to make th=
> company better as a whole.

I haven't noticed much of a difference. Idiots are still in charge and ma=
king stupid decisions.

if
a few
from
n the
I WILL spout off to them WHENEVER I god damn feel like it. Respect is ea=
rned, and so far I don't feel AWCI has earned MY respect enough for me to=
give THEM respect.

> Tell me, when you were doing QA, did you ever come up to your boss and
> say "I don't think our company should be using the services of this
> company." or "Don't invest in this company because they're idiots."? I
> doubt it. Your job was simply to make sure that your company's products=

> were of the highest quality they could be. You were in no position to
> question the actions of your superiors. Such as it is with Facter.

> And there's a difference between "acting respectful towards" and
> "respecting" the company. You can act respectful and still disagree wit=
> someone else, even if you hate their guts. (Such as I am now doing here=

> *grin*) It's called "common courtesy" or "politeness". Try it sometime;=

> you might be surprised how much more receptive AWCI (especially the new=

> people) would be towards your ideas and arguments.

Actually, yes, my first QA contract job at Logitech involved me testing M=
ovieMan, a video capture card. I KNEW it would NOT succeed in stores beca=
use of its bugs, odd design (the circuit board was physically taller than=
most, if not all, boards I'd EVER seen on systems at the time--early 199=
0s). I was perhaps the 3rd or 4th tester brought on the project but I was=
the LAST one there after 6 months. And, guess what? MovieMan flopped, ju=
st like I said it would. I only EVER saw ONE (1) returned (and reshrinkwr=
apped) box at a local computer store. So, yes, if you believe in somethin=
g you SHOULD state your opinion, regardless of the outcome. I wasn't hars=
h when I told my manager I didn't think MovieMan would make it because sh=
e nor Logitech had done anything to spite me. However, AWCI has and you c=
an read about the NUMEROUS accounts on my AW history page if you need pro=
of. I seriously doubt you've followed MY AW history closely enough to und=
erstand or even accept my opinions about AWCI and how AW is run. Do the r=
esearch before you reply because I tire of dealing with you, Goober. Pers=
ist and you'll simply be filtered.

mus doesn't seem like that...Roland doesn't either...to an extent, but th=
eir INACTION makes them just as guilty as Rick and JP's actions. Shamus, =
Roland, HamFon, Flagg, etc, etc, HAVE the power to speak up against Rick =
and JP, but they don't seem to.

> How do you know they aren't taking action? Perhaps every time there's a=

> meeting, the employees bring up all sorts of ideas, but Rick and/or JP
> shoot them down. It could be all Rick & JP's doing that AW's going
> nowhere and the rest of AWCI just gives up and follows along because
> they need the paycheck. And again, most aren't in a position to be able=

> to "stand up" to what Rick & JP tell them. What does a tech support
> person know about marketing? What does a marketing person know about
> accounting? etc, etc.

Just because someone works in one department doesn't mean they don't know=
anything about another department. Regardless, you've explained exactly =
what is happening with AW: Rick and JP shoot down ideas and proceed with =
their own narrow-minded "vision" of what AW should be. It's quite patheti=
c.

now
r own
nct
[...]
fe, you know.

> Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. I wasn't suggesting
> you give up your cause. Hell, I support it 100%. It's the delivery that=

> needs work. I have yet to see a single post from you that involves both=

> politeness and AWCI. You've thrown around this bitter attitude for
> years, and where has it gotten you? Hardly anywhere, as far as AW
> development goes. Perhaps if you tried forming constructive ideas and
> cohesive arguments in a respectful way, (not to be confused with
> respectING) then you might actually get somewhere.

Obviously you DON'T know where I'm coming from or you would KNOW that I'v=
e already TRIED the "polite" approach and it got me NOWHERE. AWCI doesn't=
give a shit. But they seem to take notice MORE when I'm to-the-point wit=
h no bullshit beating around the bush. Why do you think JP emailed me tha=
t fake lawsuit after I posted the TRUTH about AW on various stock trading=
forums? AWCI simply can't handle the truth, which is why they've pulled =
NUMEROUS scams in the past regarding their company, press releases, etc. =
Open your eyes, Goober; get a fucking clue. I'd say my delivery is pretty=
god damn effective in getting people to listen. Just look at how much ef=
fort YOU are giving in response. Look into the mirror, sport.

facter facter@awsupport

Feb 7, 2001, 9:23pm
WILL spout off to them WHENEVER I god damn feel like it. Respect is earned,
and so far I don't feel AWCI has earned MY respect enough for me to give
THEM respect.

Indeed - we all of us here, get our say in things, and, I must say that when
I feel strongly on an issue, I am very vocal about it, but, it is not my
place to set rules or policy, it is jsut like any other job - and, I respect
my bosses.

I do geyt my say though, and I will say, that most of the things that I do
say, are actually listened to - and as an intelligent member of this
company, they are respected.

Try it sometime;
> you might be surprised how much more receptive AWCI (especially the new
> people) would be towards your ideas and arguments.

Exactly, I dont ask anyone to respect the company, but I do ask to be
respected for my efforts here - you dont have to like me, but at least give
me that.
doesn't seem like that...Roland

What game ?? Posting here and helping people is a game ??

*confused*
> to "stand up" to what Rick & JP tell them. What does a tech support
> person know about marketing? What does a marketing person know about
> accounting? etc, etc.

Absolutly *nothing* - put a network card in front of me and im great, put me
in front of a web page, perfect - ask me to sell it? Man, I cant even handle
my *phone* bill (..lets not go there).

NOT deserve to be in charge of AW. They have CONTINUALLY proven over and
over and, yes, over again that they do NOT know how to deal with their
customers and the public/media relations, etc.

Am I dealing wrong with the customers by doing something nobody has done for
well over a year? By acknowledging that support in these newsgroups is
needed, and of my own initiative posting in them ? Is this wrong mate ? Is
helping out wrong ? If so, I do apologise. And who are you to say who should
be in charge? You have *no* idea what goes on in this office - it is pure
speculation, nor do you know the people themselves. Things are alot
different here than you make them out to be, as I found out when I came to
work here - and you know my stance on certain things before I came to work
here, I do not pretend that I was not anti-COF int he past (actually, I sat
ont he fence more than anything else) - and you *know* that I am a smart,
rational person so my change of opinion must be based on something, correct
?

I could be working anywhere else in the world I want - but I choose to work
here. I gave up a loving relationship, my family *and* my country to do so -
why?

Because I love helping people, and because I love AW. And that is all that
motivates me to post in here, not for anything "sneaky". I hope that by
being a little personal here, and making you understand how hard things
have been for me in moving my entire life to give a little back to the
community, that you will see that I am an honest, genuine person with no
external motivation for being here.

>They have played sneaky corporate games that have been >outlined on my AW
history page >>(http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/history.html) ever since they went
public. >They will NEVER live this down while I am still around until the
>admit their mistakes and change their ways--PERIOD. This is my >mission in
AW, as it stands currently, and until things change I will >NEVER let up.

Nothing to do with me, was before I worked here, even if there was anything
"sneaky" going on - so, where are your attacks on me relevant here ? I'm not
asking you to let up, I *am* asking for some personal *respect* for my
efforts here.

My mission is to help.

> Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. I wasn't suggesting
> you give up your cause. Hell, I support it 100%. It's the

And neither am I suggesting. Do you *really* want to know one of the real
reasons I started posting in here Eep?

Because you, along with others like you, had alot of good points.

You dont realise that you have won a part of your battle, do you?

Facter.

just in

Feb 7, 2001, 9:54pm
Facter

I suggest you filter eep out of your newsgroups and emails. The same
suggestion goes to anyone else that hasn't done so already.

Regards, Justin

just in

Feb 7, 2001, 10:10pm
[View Quote] Eep does not provide any useful information that can not be given by someone
else that reads this newgroup. In fact often his "useful information" is
incorrect.

[View Quote] YAY!!

rolu

Feb 7, 2001, 10:10pm
[View Quote] Not going to do so. Filtering is lame. If you don't want a discussion, just
read and don't reply. There are always useful things around.

rolu

agent1

Feb 7, 2001, 10:22pm
Part of the problem with that is, we aren't told by any of the "AWCI-ers" what it IS like. Maybe if more employees were to participate in the newsgroups and respond to telegrams/email, it would be easier to understand. I appreciate that you do this already, Facter, and I thank you for it. But I believe Rick & JP should at least try to counter what Eep is saying, provide reasons for it, etc. Otherwise, they will fall even more out of touch with their "user base", and vice versa. Personally catering only to the bigger clients isn't going to make the "regular user" feel very special. Sure, a few employees (like you and the support team, Roland, Flagg, etc...) listen to the public and sometimes voice our concerns, but I believe I am correct in saying that we would have a much greater sense of pride in AW if we could have things we want considered.

I've never actually spoken to/at Rick or JP unless I hunted them down first. They have never personally responded to my emails, and have only sent a few telegrams and a few lines of text. Either they don't care enough about what I (as a "regular user") may try to tell them, or they don't want to interact with us. Personally, I would like to get to know Rick & JP and see what their side of the story is, but I've never been able to talk to them long enough to do so.

Oh well, the life of 309603 will go on... :)

xero

Feb 7, 2001, 10:25pm
I think Rick and JP are just all about the money, seriously, they do get
paid the most, right? And they talk to us the least, hmm....Money does evil
things to people.
--
-Xero

internal affairs

Feb 7, 2001, 10:26pm
I can't help it if eep has such good points all the time. There are just so
many big assholes in the AW Community. Most of AWCI just care about making a
few extra cents by cutting corners and using low grade alternatives...kinda
like the Celeron almost. Just go along with it and bring out the eep in you.

[View Quote]

facter

Feb 7, 2001, 10:49pm
Not really the answer to the situation, I prefer at this point to try and
come to a rational agreement on mutual respect.

F.

[View Quote]

facter

Feb 7, 2001, 11:00pm
[View Quote] You have to realise, that the guys run the company - can you just call up
Bill Gates or Jobsy and start whining about windows and the mac os ? They do
care - which is why they *employ* people like myself and the rest of the
staff, to help them and the company/community with that kind of thing. It's
no different, to *any* other company out there - and I have worked at
*alot* - my bosses are so much more accessable than some of the other places
I have worked at, and, they also put in *alot* of hours work.

You want to know what its like at AWCI ? Sure....

I get to work at about 8:30, and go through the morning til bout 10:30 doing
support emails (on mondays and other times) - woah, there are usually alot
of them, and I get asked everything from "how do I connect to the internet "
to "what is the static version for the AW world server and how is it
different to the others".

After that, I then usually go to work on the various projects I
have....fixing someone's in the offices machine, going through logs, fixing
up database's, troubleshooting server problems, installing
worlds/universes/etc, helping out citizens, giving a hand to projects that
dedicated citizens work on in AW (I am currently helping the AWQoP people
work up a demo of what they are doing - now that project is going to be very
cool)...I usually do that til about 1, which is when we have our lunch...at
lunch time, we engage in Delta Force: Land Warrior activities like any other
sane office workers =)

In the afternoons? I continue working on projects..but its also the time
when I best love doing web work - my support is usually clear (tip - if you
mail support int he afternoon, *usually* you geta bout a half hour turn
around max - damn I just gave it away) and if I dont have too many other
projects I can get stuck into it..which is how I will be workinga lot in the
next few weeks...

We have meetings, like any other company, where everyone gets a say and
voices their opinions....its really..well, jsut like a company - I still
havnt seen any fire pits and chain irons like the hell it is sometimes made
out to be by cits =)

I really enjoy it - the people are great, the work is challenging, and also
fun at the same time, plus, I love what I do....

So thats what goes on at AWCI =)

F.

xero

Feb 7, 2001, 11:06pm
Hmm..well...could they try to maybe post ONE thing in here? I mean they do
occassionally respond to telegrams, why not in here every once in a while?
Just to show us they're still alive you know? I dunno..they just seem
non-existant to most of us.

--
-Xero

internal affairs

Feb 7, 2001, 11:24pm
You've gots to be kidding me. I am eep's official fan. I wanna get on that
FANatic show or what ever on MTV and drive to eep's house in a limo.

[View Quote]

internal affairs

Feb 7, 2001, 11:25pm
Didn't I say that joke to you earlier on AIM? Gee what a coincidence.

[View Quote]

xero

Feb 7, 2001, 11:27pm
LoL, yeah, whatever, I could have used "did lucrezia borgia spill her
slim-fast onto the server" but I used that one instead. Zip it or I break
yer hip.

--
-Xero

facter

Feb 8, 2001, 12:21am
[View Quote] Who do you know in AWCI personally to make those judgements anyways?

People cannot make such judgements without even knowing someone can they?
I'm letting you get to know me - then if you still think I'm an asshole,
then thats your perogative and I wont say anything else on the matter - but
calling people assholes and money grubbers etc, without even knowing them,
thats a little silly dont ya think ?

=)

F.

wing

Feb 8, 2001, 12:24am
[View Quote] Oh comon. You hafta have a sense of humor. Build a firepit in da board room
and hang some irons from the walls. Oh yeah, don't forget the pointed tail
and horns! Plant a bug on Rick's office computer that types "I AM SATAN!"
every time he pushes the 6 key.

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433

eep

Feb 8, 2001, 4:14am
Facter never said posting wasn't possible--in fact, he has yet to explain what exactly happened with the news server to CAUSE him to disable posting... Regardless, the logic is sound. Keep trying...and improve Preston instead of wasting your precious brain cells on logic you can't quite grasp, eh?

[View Quote] > "eep" <eep at tnlc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:3A80A0DE.E211ABB3 at tnlc.com...
> to READ the newsgroups; the problem was in POSTING to them. Had there been
> a message from you or some other clueless AWCIer about the newsgroup
> POSTING problem, I would not have had to email AWCI "support".
>
> What irony.. .besides the bad manners and lack of knowledge.... even logic
> seems to be absent. I could not resist to point this out. If posting to a
> news server is not possible you cannot post a message to it that posting is
> not possible. You have to fix the server first, and have to use another
> channel of communication such as the web. Its simple logic. Must be
> difficult to see while trying to shoot down your enemies.
>
> But nevertheless, you seem to have a fan out there in the universe. After
> all, imitation is the highest form of admiration and appreciation, right,
> I.A. ?

1  2  3  4  5  6  |