Thread

DOS Communcation (Sdk)

DOS Communcation // Sdk

1  |

twisted horizon

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C07DAC.DFD810A0

If I start my computer in DOS mode, can I still program WinSock before =
coming into Windows, or is there a different form of communication for =
DOS?

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C07DAC.DFD810A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>If I start my computer in DOS mode, =
can I still=20
program WinSock before coming into Windows, or is there a different form =
of=20
communication for DOS?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C07DAC.DFD810A0--

ananas

Jan 14, 2001, 5:21am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------F059D3FF03C527E9A5DE18D0

As the booted DOS isn't a 32 bit windows console but a 16 bit program it
doesn't work to use winsock.

There are paket drivers and libraries for DOS but less comfortable than
winsock.
With a ka9q driver for example you can get a very low level driver but
you had to handle all protocols yourself. Start those things only if you
have much time.
Searching on the web you sure will find higher level communication
libraries but I am not sure if they are still developed for new
network/ISDN cards.

If you need only a communication between two PCs and you have both at
the same place you can use a serial connection that is much easier to
handle than any network protocol.

> twisted horizon schrieb:
>
> If I start my computer in DOS mode, can I still program WinSock before coming into Windows, or is there a different form of communication for DOS?
--------------F059D3FF03C527E9A5DE18D0

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------F059D3FF03C527E9A5DE18D0--