End of the world(part one) (Community)

End of the world(part one) // Community

1  |

berserker

Dec 25, 2000, 5:48pm
Ok this will be my first original thread,and to some it might sound stupid.
Is there an "end" to worlds?or do you get to a point where you are
constantly walking and seeing the same thing?Do you run into a wall?I never
had the patience to either teleport and walk or just walk.Thanks in advance
for any serious replies :-)
Now i'll go back to my padded cell.

Berserker

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------5CBA57F93858FF083B07A8AC

umm - there were sure enough who were already stupid enough to try it
and I am one of them. You run into a wall, you keep walking (the
sequence isn't stopped) but don't change position (can be seen on a
structured ground object and the position display). The ground object
itself continues behind the invisible wall.

More challenging : Who knows how it looks from outside looking in? Is
the wall textured from behind? There is a way to find out ;)

berserker schrieb:

> Ok this will be my first original thread,and to some it might sound stupid.
> Is there an "end" to worlds?or do you get to a point where you are
> constantly walking and seeing the same thing?Do you run into a wall?I never
> had the patience to either teleport and walk or just walk.Thanks in advance
> for any serious replies :-)
> Now i'll go back to my padded cell.
>
> Berserker
--------------5CBA57F93858FF083B07A8AC

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------5CBA57F93858FF083B07A8AC--

berserker

Dec 25, 2000, 7:32pm
ananas,
Thanks for an honest reply!On the outside looking in sounds like we are
getting into "The Matrix" territory :-)

Berserker

[View Quote] More challenging : Who knows how it looks from outside looking in? Is
the wall textured from behind? There is a way to find out ;)

nova n@n.com

Dec 26, 2000, 4:44pm
i know a bot can gobeond the wall and can go above it as well you can also
in your own world make a object with a masivly ocenter pivot center point
and turn it to the outside of the wall on the other side. now can a user go
past this point iheard people say they can but have never seen proof ie a
screen shot showing them at some corod beond the wall and no one has said
how to do it just that they did.......
[View Quote]

john viper

Dec 26, 2000, 10:53pm
Try teleporting to 32750n 0w (or something like that) in AW to see an example
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve..."

[View Quote]

berserker

Dec 27, 2000, 12:50am
Thanks to all who responded to this wierd question of mine :-)

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------1C1DE1FA1B9B53D8063CC3D9

easy : stand next to the "wall", your back facing it. Then switch to 3rd
stage of the 3rd person view ...

Andras sent me the information that the wall is new in 3.0 (world server
I think), it wasn't there before so you could walk around and enter the
from the distant "edge" of the world before.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------1C1DE1FA1B9B53D8063CC3D9--

rolu

Dec 27, 2000, 1:04pm
[View Quote] Given a normal integer (2^16) which can have 65536 values, one is needed for
GZ, which leaves 65535 values. Divided by 2 there's 32767.5 left for either
side. That leaves two possibilities: either all sides stretch to 32767, or
two go to 32767 and the other two go to 32768. So that's where the end
should be.

Rolu

> _________________________
> John Viper
> http://www.jtsoft.net
>
> "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve..."

[View Quote]

holistic1

Dec 27, 2000, 10:36pm
In reality, I just went to 32764N 0W and that was as far as I could go.

Holistic1

[View Quote] [View Quote]

rolu

Dec 28, 2000, 10:23am
[View Quote] Could you build over that edge?

Either they intentionally left a small safety margin there, or someone got
their integer math wrong.

Rolu

> Holistic1

[View Quote]

tony56

Dec 29, 2000, 7:26am
No, because usually The Great Wall is way beyond a world's building
limit.

--
- Tony56 (chandler56 at mail.com)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"

rolu

Dec 29, 2000, 11:18am
[View Quote] I was talking about the main AW world. They have no (commercial) reason to
limit building activity there, so you should be able to build at the edge of
the wall.

Rolu

> --
> - Tony56 (chandler56 at mail.com)
> "Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"

tony56

Dec 29, 2000, 5:34pm
Believe it or not, AlphaWorld *does* have a building range. It is just
massively large.

--
- Tony56 (chandler56 at mail.com)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"

rolu

Dec 29, 2000, 6:47pm
[View Quote] Of course it has. The fields used to store the coords of an object have a
limited size. I never argued against that - and if you think so you should
reread my posts.

Rolu