wanna find someone? (Community)

wanna find someone? // Community

1  2  |

the derek

ok i have an "index" of people/buildings on my site awbots.findhere.com
go to my site..active worlds.. then yellow pages or white pages for more
info (i dont want to explain it on this board-im too lazzyyy)</html>

nornny

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C05301.35CA58A0

It's bad enough you plug almost every single feature of your site, but =
MUST you plug each feature in separate posts? I see at least two posts =
from you every day, and at least one thread that you've started. This =
isn't a social newsgroup or anything, just plug, assist, read, and go.=20

Nornny=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C05301.35CA58A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It's bad enough you plug almost every single feature =
of your=20
site, but MUST you plug each feature in separate posts? I see at least =
two posts=20
from you every day, and at least one thread that you've started. This =
isn't a=20
social newsgroup or anything, just plug, assist, read, and go. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A188A08.4B864BE at yahoo.com">news:3A188A08.4B864BE at yahoo.com<=
/A>...</DIV>ok=20
i have an "index" of people/buildings on my site awbots.findhere.com =
go to my=20
site..active worlds.. then yellow pages or white pages for more info =
(i dont=20
want to explain it on this board-im too lazzyyy) =
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C05301.35CA58A0--

wing

Nov 20, 2000, 6:56pm
Especially if you're going to use no caps, and an elipse instead of
every other punctuation mark. This might actually be useful to some of
us, but we wouldn't know because you're too lazy to explain Now if
you're shift key is broken, then I don't have much beef with you, except
it obviously isn't because parentheses were used. Derek, basically what
I'm saying is that if you're not going to communicate clearly and
COMPLETELY then don't even try it.

[View Quote] > It's bad enough you plug almost every single feature of your site, but
> MUST you plug each feature in separate posts? I see at least two posts
> from you every day, and at least one thread that you've started. This
> isn't a social newsgroup or anything, just plug, assist, read, and
> go. Nornny

[View Quote]

the derek

lol i know.... its just im on this for a longgg time so i often start newsgroups...next
time if there are 2 post close to each other ill just add it in the one
ive already started k?
[View Quote] </body>

the derek

small caps? wehn i type this its in normal type.... somehtings screwed
if tis going through in small caps
[View Quote]

the derek

there now any site updates i have will go here (for rest of month at least)
i will make a new thread every month. if you dont wanna hear it then take
your little mouse go up to the thread. click the button. click "ignore
thread" there happy now? (there may be other ways of doing this...too bad)

Umm, how about posting the site updates on your *site*, where they
*belong*? Isn't that where they're *supposed* to go? Why do you feel it
necessary to clog the NGs with posts every time you change a link or add
a new section? *boggle*

If you're doing it just to piss people off, then trust me, you'll
succeed *very* quickly. :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Figured he'd say it before Eep gets his mitts on it...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

the derek

im not trying to piss no one off. i mean should all of you gang up on xelag
when he p[osts an update? im not talking about posting something EVERY
day and if youve got the thread ignored you wont get none of the messages
anyway will you?
[View Quote]

nornny

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C053D0.5D1A94E0

People barely even care to look up to a thread from a day ago, none the =
less by the time a month has passed. :) XelaG posts updates to her bots =
that a majority of the community uses commonly. They are important to =
the users of those bots, and as an added bonus, it does advertise the =
site a bit. Your posts are just advertising to your site. If you want to =
plug your site, just the url and a brief description of the major =
features in it in your signature. And whenever you post, you get the =
same effect since you seem to like posting to these newsgroups SO often. =
Two birds in one stone, as I like to say. Face it, even you prolly don't =
go to most of the urls that are passed around in these newsgroup, you =
think posting an update to your site even twice every week will bring =
people in, whether it'd be on one post or twenty? If someone like your =
site enough, they'll come back and find your updates themselves, you =
don't have to tell them.

Nornny

[View Quote] Umm, how about posting the site updates on your *site*, where they=20
*belong*? Isn't that where they're *supposed* to go? Why do you feel =
it=20
necessary to clog the NGs with posts every time you change a link or =
add=20
a new section? *boggle*=20
If you're doing it just to piss people off, then trust me, you'll=20
succeed *very* quickly. :P=20

[View Quote] > click "ignore thread" there happy now? (there may be other ways of =

> doing this...too bad)=20
>=20
[View Quote] --=20
Goober King=20
Figured he'd say it before Eep gets his mitts on it...=20
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C053D0.5D1A94E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>People barely even care to look up to a thread from =
a day ago,=20
none the less by the time a month has passed. :) XelaG posts updates to =
her bots=20
that a majority of the community uses commonly. They are important to =
the users=20
of those bots, and as an added bonus, it does advertise the site a bit. =
Your=20
posts are just advertising to your site. If you want to plug your site, =
just the=20
url and a brief description of the major features in it in your =
signature. And=20
whenever you post, you get the same effect since you seem to like =
posting to=20
these newsgroups SO often. Two birds in one stone, as I like to say. =
Face it,=20
even you prolly don't go to most of the urls that are passed around in =
these=20
newsgroup, you think posting an update to your site even twice every =
week will=20
bring people in, whether it'd be on one post or twenty? If someone like =
your=20
site enough, they'll come back and find your updates themselves, you =
don't have=20
to tell them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
href=3D"news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.com">news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">im=20
not trying to piss no one off. i mean should all of you gang up on =
xelag when=20
he p[osts an update? im not talking about posting something EVERY day =
and if=20
youve got the thread ignored you wont get none of the messages anyway =
will=20
you?=20
[View Quote] <BR>succeed *very* quickly. :P=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C053D0.5D1A94E0--

wing

Nov 21, 2000, 6:52pm
Okay, a few observations here.
First, HOW THE HECK TO YOU KEEP COMING UNFILTERED? Second, GRAMMAR.
Third, Xelag is a respected bot developer and doesn't annoy the shit out
of us. Fourth, Xelag doesn't update all that often (even though it may
seem like it because the bot's version number is carried out to six
decimals or so). Fifth, the Xelagot is basically the standard scriptable
bot.

[View Quote] > im not trying to piss no one off. i mean should all of you gang up on
> xelag when he p[osts an update? im not talking about posting something
> EVERY day and if youve got the thread ignored you wont get none of the
> messages anyway will you?

[View Quote]

myrth

Nov 21, 2000, 7:14pm
I think filters apply only to a single ng? I dunno.

-Myrth

[View Quote]

myrth

Nov 21, 2000, 7:15pm
Psst, XelaG is a he. :)

-Myrth

[View Quote] Nornny

wing

Nov 21, 2000, 11:38pm
I have it applied to all the groups, weird

[View Quote] > I think filters apply only to a single ng? I dunno.

> -Myrth

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------15927CC0784B881703DCC930

I'm quite sure that filtering is not in the nntp protocol but it is a
feature of your news client

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------15927CC0784B881703DCC930--

Ask Eep, he's the filter expert *chuckle*

[View Quote] --
Goober King
He thinks Eep's filter has a hole in it...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

the derek

i know.. if i said she it was a mistaken hit of the "s" key
[View Quote]

the derek

lol please dont point out names like that youll just get him bitchin at
you
[View Quote]

the derek

when i said site updates i WAS talking about bots. i dont add that many
features to my site that often and unless it has something to do with bots
theres no reason for you to know now is there?
[View Quote]

wing

Nov 22, 2000, 10:02am
Don't "please" us. We know what we can and cannot say without getting
bit. You on the other hand are consistantly stepping in dangerous
territory. I haven't seen you make one post that either wasn't
senseless, WRONG, or in the WRONG place.

[View Quote] > lol please dont point out names like that youll just get him bitchin
> at you

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Nov 22, 2000, 2:05pm
[View Quote] Ummmm...I am NOT getting into this!....LOL

american police

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C05468.DFFE70A0

We don't gang on her because her updates MATTER... Yours, on the other =
hand, don't matter.

-American Police

rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C05468.DFFE70A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We don't gang on&nbsp;her =
because&nbsp;her updates=20
MATTER... Yours, on the other hand, don't matter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-American Police</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.com">news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>im=20
not trying to piss no one off. i mean should all of you gang up on =
xelag when=20
he p[osts an update? im not talking about posting something EVERY day =
and if=20
youve got the thread ignored you wont get none of the messages anyway =
will=20
you?=20
[View Quote] <BR>succeed *very* quickly. :P=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C05468.DFFE70A0--

american police

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C05468.FD31B880

Err I meant he....my apologizes.

-American Police

[View Quote] -American Police

[View Quote] Umm, how about posting the site updates on your *site*, where they =

*belong*? Isn't that where they're *supposed* to go? Why do you =
feel it=20
necessary to clog the NGs with posts every time you change a link =
or add=20

rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C05468.FD31B880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Err I meant he....my =
apologizes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-American Police</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"american police" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:sschindl at mmcable.com">sschindl at mmcable.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a1bf128 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a1bf128 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We don't gang on&nbsp;her =
because&nbsp;her=20
updates MATTER... Yours, on the other hand, don't matter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-American Police</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.com">news:3A19E614.7DB4B5E8 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>im=20
not trying to piss no one off. i mean should all of you gang up on =
xelag=20
when he p[osts an update? im not talking about posting something =
EVERY day=20
and if youve got the thread ignored you wont get none of the =
messages anyway=20
will you?=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C05468.FD31B880--

american police

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C05469.418E06A0

Then post the updates in the bots newsgroup, no?

-American Police

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C05469.418E06A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Then post the updates in the=20
<STRONG><EM>bots</EM></STRONG> newsgroup, no?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-American =
Police</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C05469.418E06A0--

the derek

then maybe you should do what you told me to do download the messages and
READ
[View Quote]

grimble

Nov 22, 2000, 4:14pm
Derek, he wasn't talking to you, mate.

If you keep misreading the tree, they're gonna flame ya again. You know it.

Grims

[View Quote]

the derek

trees? where? i dont see any trees lol. i know i misread it i didnt follow
the little dotted lines the right way
[View Quote]

wing

Nov 22, 2000, 6:42pm
We learned from our mistakes, you haven't yet. I swear, theres gotta be
some kinda bug with Netscape that prevents me from filtering this idiot.
Or maybe he's not as dumb as he seems and sits here all day with nothing
better to do than mess with my comp all day. Doubt it cuz I haven't
added another EXE that I didn't take off of a CD in a LONG time (AW
updates excepted)

[View Quote] > then maybe you should do what you told me to do download the messages
> and READ

[View Quote]

the derek

would you keep your filtering problems off the ng please? no one wnats
to hear and no one cares whos on your filter list. do you see me adding
a message evry time i filter somoene? NO
[View Quote]

fatts

Nov 25, 2000, 10:50am
Vons has a good buy on Mr. Coffee filters! they are the only filters I
use....

Mac

[View Quote]

the derek

very funny but you know what im talking about :P