Quick Poll (Community)

Quick Poll // Community

Because I am bored and feel like ranting, I've decided to post this
quick poll, just to see what the general consensus is on the following
issue:

What do you think about the new textures that were replaced recently?

A) I like em! They should stay!
B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.
C) I don't like em. I think the old textures should be restored, and the
new textures offered under different names.
D) I hate em! Get rid of them entirely and restore the old textures!

I mainly referring to the textures that were "converted" to the new
Hi-res versions, but it can refer to all the Hi-Res if you want :)
Gets up in your face and shouts "Wouldja like ta take a surrr-vaay?!"
http://lavender.fortunecity.com/heat/318/index.html

builderz

May 26, 2000, 11:07am
I vote B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.

-Builderz

[View Quote] > Because I am bored and feel like ranting, I've decided to post this
> quick poll, just to see what the general consensus is on the following
> issue:
>
> What do you think about the new textures that were replaced recently?
>
> A) I like em! They should stay!
> B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
> server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.
> C) I don't like em. I think the old textures should be restored, and the
> new textures offered under different names.
> D) I hate em! Get rid of them entirely and restore the old textures!
>
> I mainly referring to the textures that were "converted" to the new
> Hi-res versions, but it can refer to all the Hi-Res if you want :)
> --
> Goober King
> Gets up in your face and shouts "Wouldja like ta take a surrr-vaay?!"
> http://lavender.fortunecity.com/heat/318/index.html

count dracula

May 26, 2000, 11:08am
E) What new textures ? lol
Goober King kirjoitti viestissä <392e52d5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>...
>Because I am bored and feel like ranting, I've decided to post this
>quick poll, just to see what the general consensus is on the following
>issue:
>
>What do you think about the new textures that were replaced recently?
>
>A) I like em! They should stay!
>B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
>server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.
>C) I don't like em. I think the old textures should be restored, and the
>new textures offered under different names.
>D) I hate em! Get rid of them entirely and restore the old textures!
>
>I mainly referring to the textures that were "converted" to the new
>Hi-res versions, but it can refer to all the Hi-Res if you want :)
>--
>Goober King
>Gets up in your face and shouts "Wouldja like ta take a surrr-vaay?!"
>http://lavender.fortunecity.com/heat/318/index.html

ormondt@cvwrf.state.ut.us (the wanderer)

May 26, 2000, 7:13pm
sawran at yahoo.com (Builderz) wrote in <392e772b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I vote B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
>server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.
>
>-Builderz

[View Quote] C is the better choice. Some people built with those textures purposely
and now their creation have been changed without any choice on their part.
Don't get me wrong, I like the new textures better but they are NEW and as
such they should have NEW names.
--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

lara

May 26, 2000, 7:14pm
Well, you needed one more answer for me to pick the answer I really
prefer. :-) Perhaps a C-c): I *like* them, but I think the old
textures should be restored, and the new textures offered under
different names.

Lara

I vote A) I like em! They should stay! .. I particularly like the new red
brick1
I didnt like the new tree masks at first but i prefer them now, guess i must
have got used to them.

[View Quote]

warrmp3

May 26, 2000, 7:14pm
f) don't think i've seen em', but, new textures under different names than
old ones, even if the textures are good...changign the old textures could
mess up older buildings....
[View Quote]

myrth

May 26, 2000, 7:14pm
I vote for E! Vote on which new textures can stay and which have to go.
(e.g. stone9 good, wood1 DESTROY!)

[View Quote]

anthony bathgate (wing cmdr)

May 26, 2000, 7:14pm
I chooze A. Cuz the textures are still on the serv, but in a different
directory.

[View Quote] > Because I am bored and feel like ranting, I've decided to post this
> quick poll, just to see what the general consensus is on the following
> issue:
>
> What do you think about the new textures that were replaced recently?
>
> A) I like em! They should stay!
> B) I like em! But I think the older textures should still be on the
> server (under a different name) so we can still use them if necessary.
> C) I don't like em. I think the old textures should be restored, and the
> new textures offered under different names.
> D) I hate em! Get rid of them entirely and restore the old textures!
>
> I mainly referring to the textures that were "converted" to the new
> Hi-res versions, but it can refer to all the Hi-Res if you want :)
> --
> Goober King
> Gets up in your face and shouts "Wouldja like ta take a surrr-vaay?!"
> http://lavender.fortunecity.com/heat/318/index.html

just in

May 27, 2000, 9:42pm
I vote B

AWCI (I was told Cryonics, but maybe it was Young Shamus) decided to switch
all the textures in Alpha over to the hi rez CD textures. This makes sense
considering that the new AW version takes advantage of these higher
definition textures. As it happens, the old textures are all still there
intact under a renamed folder. All up though, there are very few textures
that have changed significantly in their color or look - most noticable are
brick, stone12, stone15, watf1, and to a lesser degree the trees.

In the end I would much prefer the high resoultion textures, and for
situations where an old texture would look better I can use an action line
command to get that.

Regards Justin

[View Quote]

john viper

<regis philbin> is that your final answer? </regis>

YES DAMNIT REGIS I SAID YES!!!!!!
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net <-- Coming Soon!
- -
Go to http://www.getpaid4.com/cgi-bin/emailpanel.cgi?userid=176406 to receive FREE newsletters via
email!
Go to http://www.getpaid4.com?ticklejw to make $$$ using YOUR OWN computer and sigining subscribers
in YOUR OWN emails!
[View Quote]

fyrene

May 30, 2000, 11:30am
C revised a little. Its not that I dont like the new textures, but the old
textures should have been left alone and new textures offered.

Imagine what it would be like if objects were suddenly changed. Like the
squarish arches became suddenly roundish at the tops. Builders used create
animates to get a certain "look" to their creations. Changing the textures
may have destroyed that "look". Offer the new textures under diff names,
just as you offered new objects to be used.

My opinion only :)
Fyrene

[View Quote]

lara

May 30, 2000, 3:13pm
"C revised" would be my choice, too, Fyrene, for the same reason you
mentioned. I wish Active Worlds would restore the old textures under
their old names right away. Let the old objects/textures have their
old names back again so that old buildings, landscaping, etc., can
have the appearance the original builder intended.

AWCI should have given the new "high-resolution" textures new names.
Perhaps adding the letter "n" (for "New") to the hi-res names.

tree7.jpg for the old texture
tree7n.jpg for the hi-res version

tree7m.rwx would go back to being the old tree
tree7mn.rwx would be the hi-res version of that tree

It's not too late to do the renaming, but AWCI needs to do it now -
before many more builders expect the old texture names to look the way
they do now. I happen to like the new textures. NOT as replacements,
however. But as *additions* that should be renamed as quickly as
possible. ;-)

Lara

[View Quote] > news:392e52d5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

May 30, 2000, 5:41pm
The 256x256 versions of textures that look EXACTLY the same (and not just resized up from 128x128 like a lot of them are, giving NO extra detail but still making the file size larger!) should be left, but the 256x256 textures that do NOT look exactly the same as the 128x128 ones should be renamed.

[View Quote] > I vote B

> AWCI (I was told Cryonics, but maybe it was Young Shamus) decided to switch
> all the textures in Alpha over to the hi rez CD textures. This makes sense
> considering that the new AW version takes advantage of these higher
> definition textures. As it happens, the old textures are all still there
> intact under a renamed folder. All up though, there are very few textures
> that have changed significantly in their color or look - most noticable are
> brick, stone12, stone15, watf1, and to a lesser degree the trees.
>
> In the end I would much prefer the high resoultion textures, and for
> situations where an old texture would look better I can use an action line
> command to get that.

[View Quote] --
http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The Sims
Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping. Don't quote sig when replying.