Good news - AW in the black (Community)

Good news - AW in the black // Community

1  |

robert hahn

--------------53D961E4E4AF11E498E6D78E

Activeworlds.com, Inc. Announces First Quarter Results,
2000 Net Income $.003 Versus 1999 Loss of $.045 Per
Share

NEWBURYPORT, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2000--Activeworlds.com,
Inc. (NASDAQ:AWLD - news, AWLDW - news), today announced the results for
the first quarter ended March 31, 2000.

JP McCormick, Chairman and Chief Financial Officer for Activeworlds.com,
stated ``Following the completion of our recent public offering and
encouraged by the positive past quarter results, we are now prepared
more than ever to move forward with our marketing
and development plan.''

Activeworlds.com, Inc. is a provider of Internet software products and
services that enable the efficient delivery of three-dimensional content
over the Internet and intranets.

ACTIVEWORLDS.COM, INC.
CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS
(UNAUDITED)

Three Months Ended
March 31,
(Unaudited)
2000 1999
---- ----

Revenues $ 381,900 $ 95,946
Income (Loss) from operations $ 17,427 $ (312,241)
Interest Income $ 2,266 $ 4,330
Income (Loss) before (provision for)
Benefit from Income Taxes $ 19,693 $ (307,911)
Net Income (Loss) $ 19,693 $ (307,911)
Earnings (Loss) per Share of
Common stock
Basic $ .003 $ (.045)
Weighted Average Number of Shares $ 7,342,762 $ 6,874,692

Statements in this press release that are not strictly historical are
``forward-looking'' statements within the meaning of Section 27A of
the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange
Act of 1934.

These statements involve a high degree of risk and uncertainty, are
predictions only and actual events or results may differ materially
from those projected in such forward-looking statements.

Factors that could cause or contribute to differences include the
uncertainty regarding viability and market acceptance of the
Company's products and services, the need for regulatory approval of the
Company's products and the Company's dependence on
reimbursement by third parties.

These factors and others are more fully described in the section
entitled ``Risks Related to Our Business'' in the Company's Prospectus
dated May 2, 2000.

L.G. Zangani, LLC provides financial public relations service to the
Company, As such L.G. Zangani, LLC and/or its officers, agents and
employees, receives remuneration for public relations and or other
services in the form of moneys, capital stock in the Company,
warrants or options to purchase capital in the Company.
--------------53D961E4E4AF11E498E6D78E

begin:vcard
n:Hahn;Robert
tel;fax:858-503-7541
tel;work:858-503-7540 x211
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:rah at openSourceCRM.org
fn:Robert Hahn
end:vcard

--------------53D961E4E4AF11E498E6D78E--

just in

May 18, 2000, 11:09am
Would any accountants out there like to explain this in English for me?

All I can do is guess, but looks to me like their income is up by so much
because AWCI sold shares? Thats not what I would call income.

And the $.003 earnings per share figure - what is that? Its certainly not a
dividend is it? Is it the value of the company as a whole?

I only hope that AWCI truely make big net profits, so that they can employ
more workers, some of which are programmers and service consultants, which
results in a better Active Worlds and better service.

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

May 18, 2000, 11:10am
Why is this good news (for AWCI)? I thought NOT making money is usually considered "bad" in the business world...or does this mean AWCI is just losing LESS money? heh...so perhaps in another year they'll actually be making a profit? <gasp>

[View Quote] > Activeworlds.com, Inc. Announces First Quarter Results,

--
http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The Sims
Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping. Don't quote sig when replying.

agent1

May 18, 2000, 11:10am
This is something important to only those with AWLD stock, I believe.

robert hahn

May 20, 2000, 11:35am
[View Quote] Umm, they DID make a profit. Not next year, but last quarter.
Why is this important? Because it means AW is a going concern;
it can now support itself with its own revenues. All the talk
about "going under" can stop now.

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

May 21, 2000, 11:36am
Interesting. But I want to know why losses are dictated in parentheses instead of as negative numbers--seems fairly mindless, eh? Perhaps this profit is why AWCI has expanded their job openings page. This news should bump AWLD up a bit, I would think... At any rate, hopefully AW can develop faster now...

[View Quote] [View Quote] --
http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The Sims
Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping. Don't quote sig when replying.

ormondt@cvwrf.state.ut.us (the wanderer)

May 22, 2000, 3:01am
eep at tnlc.com (Eep²) wrote in <3927e66a at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Interesting. But I want to know why losses are dictated in parentheses
>instead of as negative numbers--seems fairly mindless, eh?

Blame it on the accountants, they like it that way. Calculus is
mathematics, accounting is black magic :o-)

--
The Wanderer
trormond at inet-1.com.dont
Remove the dot dont after com to reply by email

paul

May 22, 2000, 3:01am
I believe numbers in ( ) represent negative values in
accounting.

Paul