Worls Spotilights? (Community)

Worls Spotilights? // Community

1  |

modrd y

Mar 25, 2000, 12:26pm
I wish aw would have a World Spotlight of the Week,where every week they'd
find a cool world and then put its name and owner on the greeting message in
gateway and AlphaWorld,that way people would get their worlds their fare
share of world traffic!

ormondt@cvwrf.state.ut.us (the wanderer)

Mar 25, 2000, 11:13pm
y (Modrd) wrote in <38dccc90$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I wish aw would have a World Spotlight of the Week,where every week
>they'd find a cool world and then put its name and owner on the greeting
>message in gateway and AlphaWorld,that way people would get their worlds
>their fare share of world traffic!

This used to happen both with a world of the week and an AW location of the
week. Moria oversaw this, but that is another story for another day. AWEC
then took up the torch and now I believe that Bille heads a community
spotlight effort on AWEC's behalf. If I remember correctly, the emphasis
was to be on Alpha World communities, individual worlds, and RL cultures
(basically any community basis that was submitted); however, I am not
positive how that is actually implemented now. Another ear you might want
to tickle with this is Lucrezia Borgia.

Without going into too much detail, let me tell you a little history from
the secret chronicles of AW. There have always been and will always be
factions within the AW community. Lucrezia and a small number of other
citizens formed a quiet little group which had one purpose: The
preservation of the AW Community and hopefully the reconcilliation of the
many factions of that community. Out of that group seeds were planted that
grew to be AWEC, AWHS, AWUNIV, the Cy Awards and many other institutions
and groups. Unfortunately the reconcilliation was more difficult than
first believed and the pressures too great. Many of that small group
appear to have faded into the masses or become homeless wanderers in AW
because of those pressures. Only one had the courage to continue that work
not only in private but within public view. Has it been an easy road for
her? No, trust given has been intentionally and accidentally betrayed.
Hate has been the least of the vile things thrown her way. How much of
that did she, does she deserve? Very little if any, but such is the price
of fighting for a cause.

You are a great woman Lu, and all in all you've done well. Thank you.

--
The Wanderer
trormond at inet-1.com.dont
Remove the dot dont after com to reply by email

bille

Mar 31, 2000, 9:49pm
If there was such a "World Spotlight of the Week" it would take more than 13
years to get through the list of worlds, are you that patient?:)

[View Quote] > I wish aw would have a World Spotlight of the Week,where every week they'd
> find a cool world and then put its name and owner on the greeting message in
> gateway and AlphaWorld,that way people would get their worlds their fare
> share of world traffic!

modrd y

Apr 2, 2000, 8:31pm
Maybe you didnt read,but only the really good and imagintive worlds would be
spotlighted,not these cheap worlds that anyone could build in
AlphaWorld,someone would go world hopping,find a really cool world that
deserves to be noticed,and enter it,it prolly wouldnt take much...
[View Quote]

bille

Apr 3, 2000, 10:35pm
Sure, I got the point, and I support any "of the week" promotion, since it will
make ppl aware of locations they might not have found in other ways.

Btw; anyone who like visitors to their world (or town for that sake), should
make sure to order a "booth" for their community in AW Community Register's new
register. To get accepted your community must be listed on the AW ComReg web
register. There might be focused on a monthly community as well:).But ppl will
have to leave AW Gate and AW GZ to figure out... :)

Bille

[View Quote] > Maybe you didnt read,but only the really good and imagintive worlds would be